Oprah to ABC: It's Not You, It's Me

11/8/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OprahLady Oprah has finally grown past the relationship she has with ABC, and now may be ready to do her own thing.

Reports have surfaced saying Oprah will be joining forces with Discovery Communications to form the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) which promises a brand new potpourri of fuzzy, cuddly, safe for everyone programming that tests high in both heart-warming and heart-wrenching categories.

David Zaslav, Discovery's president and CEO says, "The expectation is that after [the 2010-11 season] her show will go into syndication, and she will come to OWN."

Harpo Productions responded saying, "While David Zaslav's comments are true that Oprah's current contract to produce 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' will expire in 2011, she has not made a final decision as to whether she will continue her show in syndication beyond that."

len

KISS OPRAH'S AZZ Thank you for the invitation, but I do not wish to kiss Oprah's porcine ass. I am not pretending to be a "real" African-American__________why should I, I am not African-American___________but then, neither are the majority of African-Americans, African.Do you always post in the "imaginary"? ___Nothing that you have said is factual, Perhaps you do not know anything factual. Oprah's shoe is not dirty__________people like you lick it off.

stupid women & the religious right

I guess I don't really get it. I have never really been a fan of Oprah, though my mother is.. and her reasons are basic and very telling. Even if you don't agree with her political stance, even if you think she is a "reverse racist" or whatever you bigots like to say to continue to make yourselves feel superior, you can still respect the fact that this woman grew up with practically nothing. She pushed herself when nobody else would, and she not only made something of herself, but she has continued to give to those less fortunate throughout her prosperous career. I guess I do get the jealousy aspect of those of you hating.. but seriously? Are your lives THAT desperately sad and empty? .. oh yea, forgot where i was for a second, sorry!

Nostradamus

Hey #58..." by kiss oprah's azz!"

Are you implying that we kiss Oprah's ass?

Ok. Just because you have done that (which by the way, your mouth must stink after that ordeal) does not mean that we have to follow your footsteps

ilovetheshowmadmen

Hey Bets, I am not a BIGOT.. all I did was express an opinion.. don't really think that consititutes being a bigot. Thank you for listening.

len

Liz --- I do not need your blessing to like or dislike anyone ..If you do not like Oprah, that is your perogative. And I will state my opinion, whether or not you like it., as you have just stated yours. The Democrats, including Obama are directly responsible for the mortgage crisis, which cost people their homes. It didn't cost Obama. he bought his home for 300,00.00 less than market value......he gave the fraudulent Acorn 800,000 dollars this year. He is intending to send more troops to Afghanistan.Congress had veto power.democratic majority. I do not like Obama, for legitimate reasons....in my opinion. You are a hypocrite, Liz. The last few lines of your post were quite IGNORANT, a bit like " the pot calling the kettle black ".

stupid women & the religious right

hey Ilove~
notice I didn't post names when expressing my disgust with the race talk.. I was talking about a number of posts that i had read. But you calling me out made me reread yours.. and I'm so sorry to inform you, calling Oprah a racist and bitter because she doesn't "fit into the white hierarchy" is pretty close to bigotry, my friend. Like I said, you can have your reasons for disliking her, and STILL be respectful of a fellow American's accomplishments, or you can be one of the cool white kids and talk a bunch of crap about how much you hate her.. (once again, never watched her show.. but can appreciate the fact that she's done alot to help others)

len

Betsy Thanks for the choice. 'I can dislike Oprah but still respect her for her accomplishments. OR. I can be like a cool white kid who talks a lot of crap about how much I hate her". Now who is the bigot ? Why can't it be a cool black kid who talks a lot of crap about how he/she hates Oprah . ????? I do not like Oprah, and furthermore I do not respect her.

NO(O)

oprah, YUK!!
What a Nasty Skank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truthisonmyside

I used to be a huge Oprah fan but not anymore. She has run her course with me. I am so sick and tired of hearing her tell America how proud she is of them because they voted for Obama. Gee, thanks, Oprah, but he WASN'T my pick! That doesn't make me a bad person. It's not about race but about the issues. I don't agree with one thing he stands for. And I am sooooooo over you, Oprah. You have brainwashed legions of fans but I'm not one of them. Someone has to put a stop to her power over people. Pull the plug on her show, ABC, please, before it's too late!!!!

BC

When are these Hollyweirdies going to get over themselves? They all start out humble and almost interesting and then they ruin themselves by acting like us 'peons' just can't live without them. They have NO idea what REAL life is about, but, yet they act like they are in the position to tell us who to vote for, etc. Sports figure and Hollyweirdies make WAY to much money for what they do. I know a lot more people who have careers that deserve to make the money these egomaniacs make. Oh excuse me, my stylist is here and the Limo is waiting out front to take me to another Red Carpet Event. BWAAAHHHHHHHH..if any of them lost all there money and had to live like the rest of us, they would really by crying like babies!

Laura

10. Hey TMZ are you sure its ABC? I thought her contract was with NBC. If it's ABC wouldn't her show be on that channel instead of NBC?

Posted at 2:07PM on Nov 8th 2008 by gossip fix

Oprah and Rachael Ray (which is produced by Harpo) are both on ABC, Dr. Phil (also produced by Harpo) is on NBC

stupid women & the religious right

You Can,t Touch Me
The name says it all.. here you are, untouchable on the internet.. I'm not telling you what to think, and I'm not stupid enough to think I could keep you from saying it. I was simply expressing my general disgust for those (like you) who can't stick to topics.. and yea when i read someone comparing this self-made woman, and the future First lady to monkeys.. that got to me. These women don't genuinely resemble animals, those were racial slurs. I am SO not a hypocrite.. our current president has had his face compared to chimps since before he was elected.

rudy

As a Gay Latino Man living in SF- I've ALWAYS had a "Gut Feeling" that OBAMA is a closet GAY...I also feel that Larry Sinclair was "telling the truth" just like I once felt that Anita White was "telling the truth"....why won't the Hotel Bar relaese the video footge of OBAMA and Larry leaving the bar and getting into the LIMO!!

THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT!! Look what happened to My Bill Clinton!
Anyway, I hate the way Obama and his group "Threw HILLARY under the bus" and then denined her the VP spot...OBAMA is "like saying" I wanna break break the "glass ceiling" but I don't wanna share the experience with you Hillary/and the women of America,
As for OPRAH...she will be "THE ONE" we will all blame if OBAMA can't deliver on- his Hope and CHANGE promise!

Barb

What's next? Oprah City? See her Youtube video where she claims we are all "God". This woman has too much power and has lost her mind.

WHOCARES

WHO REALLY CARES WHAT THE CELEBRITIES OPINIONS ARE? ALL IT MEANS IS, IF YOU ARE RICH ENOUGH AND WELL KNOWN ENOUGH, THE MEDIA IS GOING TO LET YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH OFF AS IF YOU WERE SOME KIND OF WALKING ENCYCLOPEDIA OF KNOWLEDGE. FAR FROM IT, AS THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE. MOST HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES DON'T HAVE THE BRAINS GOD GAVE A GOOSE. IF YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO GO INVESTIGATE AN ISSUE ON YOUR OWN AND YOU RELY ON SOMEONE ELSES OPINION THEY YOU DESERVE THE OUTCOME WHEN IT GOES SOUR.