Bloodsuckers Trample Kids at "Twilight" Signing

11/10/2008 6:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Pattison: Click to view!
Things got nasty at San Francisco's Stonestown Galleria this morning when a crowd of roughly 3,000 anxious tweens grew out of control while waiting for a chance to see "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson.

No arrests were made and the event was canceled for obvious reasons.

Eli Nicole

WEll i was there this morning and here is the WHOLE STORY...someone started an unorganized un approved LIST that was not involved with hot topid or the mall or the security. in fact it was some fan from LA, who had NO RIGHT to do so. Hot topic apparently informed fans to not even line up till 7am ,but no one said so there. They had 4 Mall security guards there and NO rent a cops. ( questions me and ill laugh my source is one of the higher up security guards since the mob never left we hung out out back with him since the back main entrance was open the whole time) ANywho so as we got there we heard screaming and saw people rushing to form a line, and yet more people running to the front of the doors. A LOT of responsible mothers and fathers hadtheir kids line up and other parents watched their kids IN the mob and did nothing to help it. Thats when we started hearing the stories of broken nose and purse was stolen and the line grew longer and so the security and employess were doign what they could to move the line back and the parents whos kids were in line did what they could to help. Then the PD got involved and thats when people were really starting to form a line and move back. then we were informed that there was an ambulance cause a girl felt light headed and called her mom for help who then called the pd, NO one apparently moved out of the way and were not helping her. another girl had cuts on her neck from people trying to pull her out of the way using her necklace to get closer to the front. shoes were thrown and hair was being pulled. Then that was it. it was the last straw. the event was cancelled and everyone was informed to leave to we hung out the back entrance cause those of us that drove far wanted to shop. we were let in a 9:15 and went upstairs for coffee when the mob was let in. 2 minutes later there is a line down the mall where everyone was given 10% off coupons and waited to by merch. This is the first day of the tour and hot topic was informed about 500 people would shot up. no one had a clue how big this would be. its not the malls fault nor hot topics! if people would of used their common sense and listened to what the employees and pd were asking for them to do then it would have gone smoothly.

and in the end it was UNCANCELLED and the signing is going on as we speak.

atiny_dancer

If anyone went to Comic-Con, or heard about it, or knows anything about the following and fans of the series of books, the mall should have been better prepared for this event. Over 6600 screaming fans waiting in line, some sleeping outside the night before, waited for the Twilight panel, and it was like the Beatles reappeared when Robert walked out on stage. Twilight is HUGE, and event organizers should have been better prepared. I'm not one to stand for pushing and shoving, but some ropes and crowd control would have been a great help

Lauren

Eli Nicole: I see your point of view, but we were trying to move out of the way. The people behind us wouldn't even budge. I was trying to get them to move back and they just stood there staring. I won't question you about the whole rent a cop business, because that was what I heard "Matthew" was. However, mall security and rent a cops have the same experience in these type of situations in my opinion. Bottom line, the whole thing got out of hand. Cops weren't doing their job, Hot Topic screwed us all over(except the few who got lucky after we were all forced off by cops), and some of the crowd members were completely insane and stupid. Everyone is worthy of some blame in this situation but what it comes down to is that they should have either completely canceled this, or told us while we were there that the chance of it being put back on that night was good. I felt lied to by the cops and by the way, there was no medical emergency with that ambulance from what I saw. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anyone carried out on a stretched when they said someone was. I was too busy being forcibly pushed against many people behind me by security guards. I was happy to comply with what they asked, the people behind me weren't.

D

I was there... I just got home. Absolute craziness... But I DID meet Rob and it was well worth all of the drama and waiting around all day and being told 90835850 different things by the Hot Topic staff.

Robert

Twilight is gonna be so stupid. It's a movie about "romantic vampires"? Vampires aren't romantic,GET REAL, only in your fantasies! This movie is going to make so much money opening day because of TWEENIE FEMALES. They are the ones who make moronic lines just to see some guy and make a movie like Titanic #1. You NEVER see males making megalines to see a female actress, thats retarded! And what is more annoying is when they start screaming and getting on their stupid cell phones calling their friends, because it's an emergency to tell their other female friends that they are about to get an autograph and that there are many people there also, whooop deee doooooooo. A book written by a female, for females, it must be lame.

Tami

I was there and I got to meet Rob. This morning was a disaster but it wasn't the crowds fault. SFPD wasn't prepared for something this big to happened and got frightened and closed it. Luckily I stayed in line to get my tee and such and later found out he was coming =]]

UBABYGORILLA

Am I the only one that's never heard of this dude??

Kylie

That's crazy. There was a ton of people standing in the rain outside the Galleria here in Dallas since 2:30am. This guy must be really hot? Props to the fans!

cilla78

I am a twilight mom and I love Rob Pattinson but nobody knows what would have happen had they not canceled the signing. I for one am glad that they didn't get a chance to hurt anyone else. Until these people learn that this is not a way to behave I hope they continue to cancel these signings and keep EVERYONE safe.

Dacotah

i read the twilight series and i am a huge fan and at first i didnt see rp as edward cullen either but i think know his character fits him. same with the girl who plays bella... and carlisle,and emmet, and jasper, and rosalie, and i thought shanon doherty would be good for alice buthten i relized she to old. either way rp is definately edward cullen. i heard they started ne moon have tehy or no?

bw

Bryon Wolf Kids were trampled, the cops were called in, blood was reportedly spilled -- all over a chance to see a guy from a film that hasn't even opened yet. Bryon Wolf
Robert Pattison: Click to view!
Things got nasty at San Francisco's Stonestown Galleria this morning when a crowd of roughly 3000 anxious tweens grew out of control while waiting for a chance to see "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson. Bryon Wolf

The crowd -- nearly 10 times larger than event officials prepared for -- mutated into a mob scene when a push to get into the mall got so wild, that several kids fell under the crush. One girl reportedly broke her nose and another fainted. Bryon Wolf

No arrests were made and the event was canceled for obvious reasons. Bryon Wolf

Eli Nicole

DID YOU NOT READ OR HEAR IT WAS AN UNCANCELELD EVENT!

ROB WAS THERE HE SIGNED POSTERS AND MET OTHER FANS WHO DIDNT HAVE WRIST BANDS!

the choice was to uncancel it was made when rob announced it on the BAY VIEW tv show.

and i agree there were many unlucky people who were stuck in the mob and couldnt move but then therer were many whos parents should of tried to help. but in the ned a very lucky 500+ got to meet him

Kate

I was there! =]

Eli Nicole

yeah i understand you were stuck up front i am not blaming thoses unfortunate people who were stuck in the front who could not get out. i understand completely asi have been in that same situation at a rock concert years ago being stuck at the front and somehow a crowd surfer knocked like 4 of us who were trying to get out. so we know. but at least people at rock shows help others when they fall.

rose

woa!..tat was a LOT of ppl!
i dont knoe why church ppl are being so religious about this...
let us [[teen]] be crazzi about a HOT GUY...
HE IS PERFECT 4 EDWARD in TWILIGHT [[even though I dont lik edward cullen.. its about JACOB!]]
so anyways... ppl should NOT critize because all ya knoe tat ROBERT is just an excuse because kids dont go to church, robert or no robert..
so back off...