Mickey's Gay Mea Culpa

11/11/2008 11:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a written statement, Rourke told

But hours after the statement went out, Rourke was mum as he left Mr. Chow, refusing to address the issue on camera. He did, however, talk about his upcoming movie.

That video will be posted soon...

Carmen

Micky Roarke is a laughing stock to society. Most gay people present themselves in a more humble and classy way. This guy is indeed a plaque. Hey Mickey, let me give you a good old county fart- BURP. HA HA

Luke Warmwater

I'm offended just looking at this trainwreck...maybe more booze would help.

northern gypsy

of course...ding...ding...ding..."upcoming movie"...M.R. is playing the oldest game in the book...stir up some publicity to promote your current project...uglier than a troll...but...crazy like a fox...

Bleep Blop

This is total censorship. When did fay_get become a "horrible" word?
I can see censoring the N-word, but come on?? If you go 20 miles out
of West Hollywood, nobody gives a crap about using that word. Watch
any '80's movie and they use it 100 times. If they wanna ban
fay_get, then I want to start being called "European American". And
I'm going to get pissed off if people call me "white" or "caucasion".
Political correctness has seriously just become retarded. I'm
against Prop. 8, but fay_get can stay.

Jeff Dranetz

He was proably using the term to refer to the writers percieved effeminacy, wimpiness, cowardess, etc. Mickey kicks it Old School. He was most likely unaware of the writer's gender attraction. This is stark contrast to Isaiah Washington who was absolutely aware of T.J. Knight's gender attraction.

The term is no longer P.C. , but, I don't think Mickey was using it out of bigotry.

Matt

People are free to say whatever they want in my book, but there is something very disturbing about this guy. Someone, preferably the authorities, need to get into his basement. Ten to one odds there are a bunch of dehydrated women and teenage boys shackled to the walls down there.

Jeff Dranetz

He does have many demons. Why else would he walked away from acting and into the boxing ring.

Many actors enter the craft to deal with these demons. Hence all this news fodder for TMZ, E!, etc.

Matt

WTF is up with those fingernails?!?! .........and the beady eyes?!?! Someone needs to save the people chained up in his basement pronto. Before he eats them. I think he might be a lizard person.

Matt

EEEEEWWWWWW. I didn't notice the fingernails. What IS going on with those??????? The one on his index finger looks like a talon. Thanks Matt. I just threw up in my mouth.

Carmen

Looks like he was digging in his butt hole. Hey Mickey, smear it around your nose.

bw

Bryon Wolf Mickey Rourke is already apologizing for the the homophobic slur he dropped the other night -- he just won't go on camera to do it.

Bryon Wolf In a written statement, Rourke told E! Online, "I want to sincerely apologize for the derogatory word I used ... It was insensitive and inappropriate of me and I am deeply sorry that I may have offended anyone."

Bryon Wolf But hours after the statement went out, Rourke was mum as he left Mr. Chow, refusing to address the issue on camera -- he did, however, talk about his upcoming movie. Bryon Wolf

Al Jazeera

He's obviously gay.

Sue Wong

I'm not homosexual or have gay friends (to my knowledge) but I hate this word. It sounds vulgar and offensive. I overheard my son using it yesterday and I reprimanded him. One poster, who's gay said he didn't find it offensive and I think he/she must have low self-esteem. It was ignorant of Mr. Rourke.

Kelly

Mickey's comment was about gay blogger Perez Hilton. This is what Perez posted on his site perezhilton.com about the breakup of Evan Rachel Wood and M Manson, "Rachel Whore is probably already f**cking Mickey Rourke - and his mom - as we speak!"
Mickey apologized for his remark. Gay Perez is still posting twisted hateful rumors.