Brad Garrett Attacks Again, Possibly Provoked

11/12/2008 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Garrett went off last night, smacking a paparazzo's camera and challenging a gaggle of photogs to a fight, but he was arguably provoked.

It happened outside Dan Tana's restaurant in West Hollywood. Garrett left the restaurant and was greeted by around a dozen cameras, as photogs screamed what a big star he was. This went on for a few minutes and it appeared it was over as Brad walked to the valet.

But as several cameras continued to tail him, Brad clearly had enough. He took a swipe at a camera, and then lunged at the photog, telling him to "get a real job."

Brad then walked away and a moronic photog from an independent agency screamed, "He's a tall faggot anyway." Garrett came back and challenged the photogs to put their equipment down and their dukes up. No one accepted the challenge.

Queen of the Damned

Brad Garrett is going to attack the wrong person one day, and he's going to regret it. If he doesn't like the attention, maybe he should get out of that business. He knows that places like the Ivy and Dan Tana's are paparazzi hot spots, but he continues to frequent them. Why? Because he's looking for publicity.

monny j

Brad, first of all... I applaud you for trying to keep your cool with your dinner date,you were clearly provoked and the average joe woulda f***ked that guy up! and woulda gone to jail...but you were CLEARLY bein' goated into a fight and or lawsuit or both, I can't imagine that kind of invasion of privacy...I'm an actor in Hollywood and these photo-HOES are asking for it,they are rude,intrusive,and down-right DISRESPECTFUL!...An unfortunate incident will soon happen if these guys don't get a friggin' grip,Take it easy, Brad you're BIGGER than those jerkoffs,brotha can't even go out to dinner anymore.

damn ur dumb

And as soon as they do not pay him any mind, he will be crying like a baby for attention.

I could see if they were breaking and entering onto his private property for a pic of him...but he was in a public place. It comes with the fame. Get over it.

PEPSI Generation

Natalie Portman is Howard Hughes`s grand child from a artificial insemination by her medical doctor dad.Howard Hughes JR had son by jean Peters and natalie portman`s insemination doctor dad swipped some sperm from Howard Robard Hughes IIV when he was working at the YACC.They got the sperm from his ripped off under wear when he was 16 years old in 1979 and they inseminated natalies mother with the SON of Howard Robard Hughes JR/Jean Peters SON so she is a grand child of Howard Hughes and Jean Peters and thus one more hollywood treadmill for the jewish defences.Howard Robard Hughes IIV stated to Nude Bacon that he ok`ed the birth and he loves Natalie Portman`s artwoksx and wishes her all the best.That is the life of a mormon he said but science is what made this child possible and that is what Dad was really all about he said.

L

Is "get a real job" the standard stupid thing that celebs say to them?

sparkys nemesis

He was clearly goaded by the paps. Thought their job was taking the photo but the rude remarks are now part of the job description, too? Was Brad Garrett the big money shot here? Slow night, guys? OTOH, Dan Tana's is a place where photogs would be waiting. If you don't wanna have your photo taken, dine elsewhere.

Brainy Sly Chic

I honestly felt bad for Brad. Hollywood is a filth-ridden place of morally corrupt hangers-on and I wouldn't stay there for a minute. So I can't say I understand what that must feel like because I wouldn't put myself in that position in the first place.

However, to simply be tormented in that way would be awful and so in this way I do feel sympathetic for Mr. Garrett and alike. And my only recommendation is to leave.

Where there's poop, there will be flies.

ohboywow

How is this not harrassment? Celebrities should be able to get a blanket restraining order that keeps the photogrpahers at least 50 feet away from them at all times.

It's not going to happen until someone gets hurt or killed, and that day appears to be coming soon.

N. Stevens

I usually side with the photographers in instances like this, but on this on, I am with Brad Garret. I agree with the comments above, he kept his cools much more than I would have. I can tell you now, if I am on a date and some idiot was trailing me like that - someone is getting much more than a camera broken. He gave them time to take the pics and then just a few did not leave him alone. Go Brad!

B

I have to agree with ohboyagain. The paparazzi seem to be getting more agressive, and there should be a law enacted to give a celebrity a little bit of space. Geez, you see stuff like the celebrity not being able to drive away because the paps are standing in front of the car, then the paps will sue if their foot gets run over. Well, duh.
On the other hand, I'll agree there are some places you just don't go if you want to live privately.

Brewman2

Photogs need to BACK OFF when they see someone is getting angry!!! They only have themselves to blame. It's just like poking a tiger with a stick...eventually the tiger will attack. Who's at fault there - the tiger or the person poking it with a stick???

Blackbird

Should we consider if illegals should be allowed to buy and use video cameras?

ohboywow

Of course they are provoking him. They do it to get a "better" story or picture.

People want to see celebrities getting out of control - that is what drives TMZ and other sites like it. That is what they pay the photographers for - not a picture of an actor standing outside a restaurant.

sheesh

"possibly provoked". That's a good one.

Woodman22

Photo journalist?? Is that what you call an a-hole with a camera these days? Since when has Brad Garrett become such a mega superstar that he needs to be stalked and provoked in this way? God.....it seems any douchebag in the world now can pick up a camera and call themselves a photo journalist. I wish every single one of them would curl up and die. Does anyone else out there agree with me? Mr. Garrett was right.......GET A JOB!! Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. You're a "photo journalist" What a bunch of losers!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments