Criminal Investigation in Garrett Case

11/12/2008 11:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they will open a criminal investigation into the confrontation last night between Brad Garrett and a slew of photogs.
Brad Garrett: Click to watch
As we first reported, Garrett was leaving Dan Tana's restaurant in West Hollywood when photogs descended. After a few minutes, a clearly irritated Garrett smacked a camera and challenged the photogs to a fight. One cameraman called Garrett a "tall faggot."

We're told someone came to the cop shop and filed a police report, listing Garrett as the "suspect." Cops are investigating a possible criminal battery.

Story developing ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

spogo

Frankly I say more power to them, the paps have gotten way to aggressive and should be smaked up the head once in a while . Celebrity does not end privacy I am very pleased when I hear that a famous person lashed out at an agressive photog

aim

brad garret gives jews a bad name.he has a sick up his a::: and has major mental problems.he always had. the paps are just doing their job and if brad doesn't like the paps than get out of the business.that comes with the job. and coming from one jew myself he definitely gives jews a bad name he is totally racist too. get a life.

T.J.

Yeah, it must be tough making millions and then having your pics taken. All I know for a FACT is that Brad Garrett is a MAJOR TOOL.

Phoo Phan

I can't wait until a celebrity knocks out one of these low life douche bags. It's absolutely amazing to me that anyone can go to Best Buy, buy a camera and all of a sudden they're a professional photo journalist? Hahahahahahaha. These guys are the bottom of the barrel. I bet maybe half graduated high school and none ever completed college. But the worst people are the Harvey Levins of the world that pay these idiots for crap like this. Just look at all the people that work for him on his show each day. I wonder what they did before his show? Janitors, actors, dishwashers? I'd love to see a group of guys with cameras follow Harvey Levin all day and night and give him some of his own medicine and see if he likes it.

Did anyone ever see that reality show on TV last year where they followed a couple of paparazzi around? Everyone of those guys where the ones we used to beat the crap out of after school and at football games.

What's even more funny is when Harvey says "I'm a lawyer" at the end of his show. He must have been a real successful lawyer to be the outside guy on that TV courtroom show he works on. He looks like an ambulance chaser.

donna

I believe that this was totally provoked. The paps knew that he would snap if they taunted long enough! Brad gave them exactly what they wanted.... a scene!!!!

Steve S.

I wish Garrett would've bashed the guy's nose in! I agree, the celebrities know what they are getting ionto the the pap, but sometimes enough is enough. I'm with you, Brad -- I wished you would've had an a$$ kicking party on that fruit loop photag......

KNOWITALL

Brad was caught on a date with a High School student, and didn't like getting "busted"!

Thanks to TMZ and all the other pap groups for revealing the true "douchery" of Hollywood!

maria

It's constant provocation. They should get real jobs, or at least not gripe when they get their asses kicked.

Vandalay

High school student?? I thought it was his granddaughter!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5