Jared Leto

Raises the Bar

... Just Barely

11/12/2008 4:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A low weight, high rep workout will get you cut -- but wearing sunglasses to the gym will get you labeled a douche!

Actor turned goth rocker Jared Leto wore his lifting glasses during a low impact workout in L.A. on Tuesday.

Perhaps his hipster shades blinded the 36-year-old from seeing there was no weight on the bar.

Toby Christensen

Dude....first off it is "Pilates" and I don't think Pavel had this in mind.

He needs to put SOME weight on there to determine his max, then rep it down to a comfortable challanging weight.

He isn't going to do ANYTHING benching that 55lb bar with no plates on it.

Unless he is doing 10 sets of 100 reps.

Which I seriously doubt.

Jared Leto = the suck.

Ashley

I don't care what he can bench! I'd still bend over for him!!!!

Adonis

TMZ should have shown the picture of him being called out by the female midget ( wearing a Jonas bothers t-shirt) benching 60 pounds next to him....

WTH are you talking about?

Damn! Cheryl Burke's got some big feet!

TJ

At least he is working out. Sunglasses do make him a douche, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is just a warm up. If the paps had waited another few minutes, you probably would of seen plates on the bar.

Disgusting

Who cares if he wears sunglasses. He's not driving drunk, killing/assaulting anyone, whining about paps, or any of the other offensive reckless things celebs do and get away with

amoremorte616

ok. guys? He's not a 'goth' rocker. more like screamo/emo. I love ya jared, but wut IS up with the weights??
oh and yea, hes been n MANY indie movies since 'my so called life'. He's practically this generations indie god.
with that said... WTF? LOL.

iknow2tripisjust2fall

I have see/n him in a lot of movies and I thought 30 seconds to Mars was better then I thought they ever would be. But Jared Leto blue eyes and nice looks can only help him!

iknow2tripisjust2fall

Personal trainer

The majority of you obviously know nothing about strength training...and are probably terribly out of shape yourselves. By the looks of his body...he was probably using a method of speed training..(very difficult) where you use light weight and alternate between explosive reps and super slow reps...A lot of em. (very difficult)

bigcap

dude probably blew a spleef on the way to the gym and forgot his clear eyes. so what man.
look how bright those lights are up there. they're hurting my eyes and i'm not even high...oh wait...
Yah I am! higher than a woodrat in a georgia pine beyotches!

Jennmooch

I wove him and everyfing

arcticrose

I don't know about you guys but I do wear my sunglasses when I work out.................what a douche!!!

tarded

LMAO!! What a DONG!

Bob the Builder

Who cares about Jay Leno-What about that hot girl ? Sign her up-she can kick Bai Lings bottom i bet!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments