Randy Couture: Dude Is Terrorizing My Family

11/12/2008 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UFC champ Randy Couture has just dealt with a distraction that has been haunting him, days before his championship fight in Las Vegas. But this time, it's not a cage fight, it's a court fight.

Couture's wife Kim just got a restraining order against the guy who runs Affliction, the clothing company that carries T-shirts and other items from Randy's clothing line, Xtreme Couture, which Kim runs.

Randy and wife Kim claim Affliction Prez Todd Beard has been on a campaign of terror against them since they asked for an accounting of profits. A Las Vegas judge just issued a temporary restraining order, prohibiting Beard from going near Kim, and that includes going near the MGM Grand when Randy fights this Saturday. And Beard can't go to the hotel during the weigh-in the day before either.

According to Kim Couture's declaration, Beard has made "a series of threats and acts intended to intimidate me and otherwise coerce me to 'back off.'"

She goes on: "My fear of Mr. Beard is well-founded given his extensive criminal history. Not only has he been convicted of numerous state and federal felonies relating to fraud ...he has engaged in numerous acts of violence, including violence against women."

Couture's belt is on the line Saturday night at the MGM grand, when he takes on Brock Lesnar.

ZzFDKzZ

"WTF Nogueira has the belt not Couture. Lesnar shouldn't even be playing a role in the belt, that is between Randy and Nogueira. It makes no sense."

Big Nog was already schedule to fight Frank Mir for the Interm Belt before the Couture vs. Lesner started.

NDallasRuss

"FIrst off, only douchebag poseur wannabes wear Affliction crap."

Amen, brutha.

al loanese

SOUNDS LIKE RANDY AND HIS HO WIFE SCREWED OVER SOMEONE!!!!!!

Men's Room Republican

Affliction = Douche.
Once you accept that, then people will have more respect for you.
While you're throwing that trash out, toss out the Axe Body spray, the Von Dutch cap, and whatever Ed Hardy clothing you have.

j

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only douchebags and wannabes wear affliction, ed hardy. skin........etc.

i will be so happy when this trend dies. dont these retards realize how FAKE they look? anytime ANYONE approaches me wearing those brands, i literally laugh in their face!!

Gin

How stupid do you have to be to threaten a UFC Champion's family???? Randy's going to have a lot of pent up anger and frustration. Lesner's has his work cut out for him.

PAPICHULO

U MEAN TO SAY ASSLICTION LOL... ITS 4 THE GAYS I DECIDED...

Proud American

Either kick his ass, or shut up. They knew who they were dealing with. This guy fights for a living, and he goes to court because someone is bothering him and his wife? HANDLE IT!!!

4 Affliction

Ah 1st of all I am a woman and I love the style of Affliction and Xtreme Couture on men! It looks HOT! It doesn't mean your a wannabe it means you like the style and you like UFC! Are you a wannabe if you wear sports gear???? NO! It means you like the sport and or team! This whole debacle is probably free publicity for them but its got everyone interested so it's working! GO RANDY!

Toby Christensen

Guys all geared out in their "Raider-Wear" look like douchebags as well.

But at least they aren't trying to pass themselves off as a current or former pro athlete, like they are when they wear Affliction.

NDallasRuss

"Ah 1st of all I am a woman and I love the style of Affliction and Xtreme Couture on men! It looks HOT! It doesn't mean your a wannabe it means you like the style and you like UFC!"

Congrats - you're attracted to douchebags. Between the faux-fighting shirts, the heavily-gelled faux-hawk and the meant-for-women Prada sunglasses, your healt melts and your knees weaken.

smack

I fight and I wear Affliction, Ed Hardy, Tapout, Warrior Wear, DeatchClutch, Sprawl, etc. . It's just our lifestyle. You don't have to "get it". If you don't understand it, don't buy it. Plain simple. Lots of "haters" on this thread. Most of them don't even fight.

Men's Room Republican

"Lots of "haters" on this thread. Most of them don't even fight."

"What do you do for a living?"
"I fight."
"I'm sorry. you do what?"
"I fight."
"So what do you do to better the culture and advance the human race?"
"I fight."

This is why you have haters making comments. The very existence of things like Affliction that promote this lifestyle is what people hate, that it's counterproductive to the human race, it deadens the desire for intelligence, and the fact that it IS demeans life as we know it. Fighting such as this might have been relevant centuries ago, but c'mon, it's the 21st century.

Act Like Adults

"Most of the people who legitimately train don't wear that Affliction/Tapout crap."

Actually, you contradicted yourself, earlier you said the only people who should wear that crap is fighters with sponsoships. Then you just said that real fighters don't even wear the gear that sponsors them? Make up your mind champ.

In actuality, actualy fighters DO indeed wear affliction. For example, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, GSP, Andre Arlovski, etc...So when you said "Only Posers and douschbags wear affliction crap" You wear basically calling the baddest men on the planet that would snap you in half in the blink of an eye, douschebags. Hey anyone bet he wouldn't say it to any of their faces!!! lol.

PS - Dude, grow up, Affliction is a brand, either you like their style or you don't just b/c you wear it has no nearing on whether you are "pretending" to be a fighter? Most of their clothing has nothing fighter related on it genius. Here's an idea, if you don't like it, please don't buy it. And if I don't like your target/old navy clothes, I won't buy them either, deal???

Thanks

jenn

To #13. WTF Nogueira has the belt not Couture. Lesnar shouldn't even be playing a role in the belt, that is between Randy and Nogueira. It makes no sense.

OK Yes Nogueira has the belt but in the start it was couture who at one point retired so they gave Nogueria the belt when he fought last. Couture is the original holder and still carries the title. I agree it is retarded but imagine if lesner wins then he is up against nogueira And I am sure all mma fans would love to see that fight

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments