My Big Fat Greek Divorce

11/14/2008 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

First Barbara Walters, now her husband -- Debbie Matenopoulos has been quit on again.

0811-debbie-matenopoulos-getty-EX

Jay Faires, prez of music at Lionsgate, has filed for divorce from the former "View" host and soon-to-be former wife.

In papers filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Faires cites "irreconcilable differences." They were married in July 2003. According to the docs, they have been separated since March 22, 2008. Faires filed the divorce docs Wednesday.

We don't know if she gets to keep the rock, which has an estimated value of a small country.

Launch photos

Jennifer Bouldack

I've never been much of a fan of hers. But, I'd love to see a pic of the rock.

Jennifer Bouldack

Actually, I just said that because I couldn't think of anything else to say. I just noticed no one else had commented yet and I wanted to jump in before some idiot popped on here with a FIRST!!! post. I never understood those. Like there is some glory in being the first poster on TMZ. How pathetic must your life be when that is what you find rewarding.

Anyway, at least I saved us all from having to see that on at least one story today. An as for my comments, they are true: I am not a fan of hers at all - just never could warm up to her, and I would really love to see a picture of the rock you speak of.

Loud and talentless

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Eve

she is REALLY REALLY annoying.so im guessing he figured that out too..... i bet she gets to keep the ring as a consolation prize.

jenny mo

That girl destroyed her face with that horrible nose job.

Jatti

good for him. she's soooooooo annoying. i hope she is left with nothing.

maire

FIRST!!
sorry i felt the need to i'm just in that kind of mood today. i love debbie and its sad to hear about that.

Amanda

I know this is mean, but GOOD! She bugs me. And I don't like her on E! News, she's not as young and hip as she thinks she is. And that FACE! If it's obvious that it's plastic surgery - why even bother?

Barfalufugus

Debbie is news...why?

Village

This explains why they put their 'castle' on the market. I wonder if it sold?

JJ

I went to high school with Debbie, and she her personality hasn't changed a bit. I would have to dig up old pics to see how much her face has changed. Divorce is no big surprise....

Disgusting

#5 and #8 - No one asks a plastic surgeon to ruin their face. If someone has bad plastic surgery, blame the surgeon, not the patient. Bad surgeons need to be outed so doctors are more careful or don't do procedures they're bad at. Also, her husband is pretty unattractive.

linda bollman

He probably got tired of chewn' on that twizzler of a body....he needs a gyro.....

bobbyozone

no job? and just found out she got dumped? i'm feelin lucky whats her number?

no...no...no, not really

but really... i don't watch that show, first of all i have a JOB and second it's a bunch of quarreling women.

anyway... when i saw this story i thought it was about elizabeth and thought she had finely gotten herself fired, and then her husband quit her too.

ciceroJoeyR