Paula Abdul's Suicide Pact

11/15/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

To say Paula Abdul had a bad week would be an understatement.

Precautionary measures were taken while "American Idol" filmed at the Kodak Theater this week. All contestants, families and staff were strictly told not to mention anything about the suicide that occurred in front of Paula's home saying, "It would put Paula in a bad mood and not be good for camera."

TMZ sources close to the production say no one tested the new Paula rule and the tapings went without incident.

The rule is said to continue throughout the season. Calls to Paula Abdul's reps have yet to be returned.

jocie

i love American Idol it is my favorite show

2081 days ago

kan

I saw that short reality show about Abdul awhile back and I would say the only time she's in a bad mood is when she's awake, so what difference does it make?

2081 days ago

The Hulkster

i volunteer to try to bang the "crazy" out of her.......probably impossible but worth a try

2081 days ago

kan

Probably worth a shot. If you don't hang around afterward, you may not get hurt.

2081 days ago

Carrys F.

It seems like she's barely aware of her surroundings anyway . . .

2081 days ago

Barfalufugus

I wish Paula would go away with her pill-popping and boozing azzzz.

2081 days ago

BabbaJay

Talk about your tricky days at work, hun? If I was there, I would've started copying Paula's every move while singing, "ain't strange - just a natural fact - it's true that copycats attack."

2081 days ago

Angelique

Straight tell me Paula are you gonna love me forever?

2081 days ago

Mr Right

Positive PROOF that anyone who actually likes Paula Abdul is a total nutcase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2081 days ago

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

TMZ you showed how much you SUCK and how irresponsible and inconsiderate you are with the title of this piece. Paula should sue you, as I am sure one of these days, someone will do and win big.

As far as Paula having ANYTHING to do with this whacky, pathetic, mentally ill young woman's suicide, if you had a LICK of SENSE you would know that with all her history of stalking Paula and even her parents knew she was whacked out, there is just no reason to suspect any foul play.

2081 days ago

Triple Play

Paula needs to stop doing drugs, she is an embarassment to herself and the show. BTW what qualifies her to be a judge? If you look at some of her old videos, she was the first female Nilli Vanilli lir synch douc&

2081 days ago

Mim

Paula needs to get out of show business. I never noticed, that she was happy most of the time on camera, anyway. Look at the audition video of the sucide victim with American Idol. Obviously, the girl has some issues. Paula had a frown during the audition, and Simon had the incrediable critical remarks about the braces on the girls' teeth. Simson's remarks were dispassionate and disgusting about the girls' braces, and talent. A person with issues cannot take the harshness of Simon. I am hoping for the day, that the American People will get tired of this series, and Simon can return to London. Paula showed no compassion during the audition; maybe it is time for her to retire.

2080 days ago

R.Zimmerman

Oh, by all means, let's not make Paula unhappy.

2079 days ago