Capitol Hill Not Ready for Daily Affirmations

11/19/2008 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A mandatory recount for the Minnesota Senate race between former SNL-er Al Franken and Norm Coleman begins today -- but all our photog wanted to know was if psychobabbling alter-ego Stuart Smalley would be hitting up the Hill, too, if Al wins?
Al Franken: Click to watch
We also asked him about the current state of SNL -- spoken like a true politician.

Mrs. Pine

I despise Al Franken. He is a whiny humorless little turd. I hope he loses.
BTW, I support Obama and in general do not like Republicans. I just cannot stand this Stuart Smiley jerk.

STORMY7

DOGGONE IT, I REALLY LIKE THE GUY AND THAT'S WHY I VOTED FOR HIM. AL WILL BE A FANTASTIC SENATOR FOR MINNESOTA.

me

This guy is a loser. This election recount is such a joke. Great chance for the Democrats to fix the vote. I can say that I for one do not want him in office representing my state. What a tool.

Roxanne F.

While I will agree with "Mrs. Pine" about our distain for Al Franken, I think her comment about hating Republicans is just ignorant. Unfortunately that seems to be the new "cool" way to think about a particular political affiliation. Why don't you do a little homework and understand both parties ideas. Truth be known, the Democratic party is nothing like it used to be. They were a party of acceptance and fairness. Now they are a party of hate and anger toward anyone who doesn't agree with them. Al Franken will steal this election just like the new president elect did. God Bless America!

who has the facts? ME

#4 - then I am sure you are thrilled that Michele Bachmann was re-elected. Yeah, let's just give it to that crook, Norm Coleman, the one with the Iranian "sugar daddy" who supported his family with illegal checks for Laurie Coleman.
And speaking of fixed elections - let's not forget Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004 - those were fixed by REPUBLICANS, not Democrats. Apparently you don't believe in Democracy and an honest recount. If it were the other way around and Norm was losing, there would be lawsuits flying everywhere, that's what he does, file lawsuits. Too bad they all get thrown out because he is such a putz.
GO HONEST AL!!!!!!!!!!

scott

al franken is an idiot. he is a danger to the democrats if he is elected.

The Hulkster

MN is such a strong Dem state that Al must surely realize he is not well liked if he is losing to a republican

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Them MINNESOTAIANS, are all drunk , ice fishin, snow plowin, pig slop swiggin fools. I know ; my 'ANCESTORS" came from this pack of jerks. It figures , they'd vote for A COMEDIAN , they had a pro wrestler for GOV. Guess it fits their drunken joke of a child molester state.

alfrankenisapig

Al Franken is a pig.

Angry Democrat 'Sky Blu' from LMFAO attack GOP Romney on Purpose .

Al Franken and liberal fascist George Soros are having a fund raising event in New York. Note: George Soros was a member of the nazi party and george soros said in a 60 minute interview that 'he was forced to join the nazi party and he did not feel guilty for what he did , because someone would of done it ',.

who has the facts? ME

#8 - I am from Minnesota and proud of it - you must be from incestuous lineage - the kind that started here and then moved somewhere like Mississippi or Louisiana where they don't teach grammer and/or spelling. Obviously your ancestors were not intellegent enough to survive here. You know nothing about our state, so why don't you go back to screwing your sister and smoking your crack...

stupid women & the religious right

I love Al Franken! He is just so obnoxious, and hilarious.. and his books are terribly funny. Totally jealous of Minnesota! They get all the crazy politicians who aren't politicians running there, and it's cool to be different! I also just have a thing for Minnesota because of the accent. That Minnesotan accent is the funniest sht ever, imo.

Alison

#8 has just described him/her/itself. I'm guessing the average IQ of Minnesotans shot up by around 60 points when those "ancestors" slithered out of state.