Larry the Cable Guy -- Can't Hang with Fake Twang

11/19/2008 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One minute he was talkin' like a redneck, but the next 'Larry the Cable Guy' was speakin' like a total yuppy -- WTF?
Larry the Cable Guy: Click to watch
Even though his voice changed, the Blue Collar comic -- real name Daniel Lawrence Whitney -- was still allowed into fancy-pantsy Madeo restaurant on Beverly last night, despite the fact he was dressed like a hillbilly.

No sleeves? No problem -- especially when you're worth about $20 mil.

vorhese

"Larry" sucks. Actually his fans suck.
Dan Whitney:
www.dead-frog.com/blog/entry/before_larry_the_cable_guy_there_was_dan_whitney/

Good comedians? Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Dangerfield, old Steve Martin, RICHARD PRYOR? Not Dan Whitney.

jim

Hey goon Ive been a dem. for years but people like you who listen to rap and live off credit cards suck.

walla walla wife's a b*tch

#11 - SOUTHERN ACCENT?? LARRY IS FROM NE, WHICH IS NORTH OF THE MASON-DIXON LINE!

me

#19

enter 'find' mode, and type "southern accent'.............(he got it from a roommate while attending college in Georgia)

not only that #19, I'd like for you to illustrate for me the big difference between a rural midwestern accent and a southern accent. the same class of people crafted both accents and they are greatly similar

Morgan

You didn't know his accent was fake? Lol.

jj

I CANT STAND REDNECKS!! YACKS!

pennylayne

When i served him one day at lunch he talked just like he does on t.v. don't know whats real but if he can keep it going for more than 2 hours while eating and signing autographs then more power to him

Keep it Honest

To see Larry before the Cable Guy, check out YouTube under Dan Whitney. He did a short set. HUGE difference now from then.

stupid women & the religious right

I too am very impressed with his professional prowess, even if I don't find him particularly humorous. Just the concept of faking hillbilly to impress hillbillies.. like a previous poster said, JUST like Bush. Someday I'll find my own little way to exploit the stupidity of the average American.. In fact, that is my goal in life now!

truthfully yours

Larry is a very funny comedian. He is more conservative leaning than most, so I guess that gives TMZ the right to put him down, because he isn't always in Larry the Cable guy mode..... IT'S AN ACT for Pete's sake! When Eddie Murphy is out, do you diss him because he isn't doing some of his many characters????

Marissa

Yeah... I too find it "high- larious" that the redneck culture has accepted him as one of their own, when in all reality he is just mocking them.

yabbi

Larry is a right-winger in his real life, so take it from there.

Smitm16

I will start by saying, "We should all be carefull to judge people groups" Im a proud 8th generation East Tennesseean. Yes my ancestors fought in the civil war but here is the kicker.....they fought for the North....... imagine what they lived through not knowing who they could trust on there home turf! its sad that this guy exploits those who chose a simple life....a redneck is not a ingrate exactly.....another point to make the south was intergrated! what about the rest of yall!? lived in Wisconsin for 3 years of my life and witnessed all there Closet Racism! that is what is really sad any way i think my soapbox is crushing please excuse any spelling or punctuation errors but i like Roy D Mercer.....nuff said

Aaron

Don't talk **** about Larry the cable guy...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2