Critics Jump Thru Hoops for Brit's "Circus"

11/20/2008 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsThe people at Britney's record label are treating her new album like the frickin' Shroud of Turin -- putting legitimate music critics through a virtual gauntlet just to get a peek.

Even though the album already has been leaked online, we're told the rules of the review sessions for "Circus" have been insanely strict: No recorders, no computers, and only one person at a time hearing the album. We're also told reviewers haven't even been allowed to fast forward or rewind "Circus" themselves.

And if the lockdown preview sessions weren't bad enough, more than one person has told us the album was played for the critics at "crazy" loud volume levels -- but we're not really sure who that benefits.

Trucker Lemonade

Oh who's FIRST, bitches?? um yeah.. That'd be ME! outta my way

damn ur dumb

Why does she always have this lost, goofy look on her face?

J-Lex

^^^TMZ does that on purpose, by stillshoting photos to make the celebs look like morons....

I'm not a paid critic, but IMO this album blows her last one away.....look out for the track called IF U SEEK AMY.....

itstrue

Why ANYONE would jump thru hoops for this idiot is beyond me. Why is incompetence rewarded all the time? A slap in the face to most hard-working people.

VioletteUK

Perhaps they play it 'crazy loud' so ones ears try real hard to block out the sound
I've not heard it...
I'm just sayin'.

Jerry

It's an awesome album

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

It's on my Xmas list ...

Ashley

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It was very simple to find the new album online and I've been listening to it on my iPod for the last 24 hours. That's right not only is it a non-released album, but I downloaded it illegally.... get over it!!!

PS.... other than a couple song that were just slapped in there to sounds different, but are actually kinda crappy... think Mmm Papi, that album is actually decent. A surprisingly reinvigorated Brit.... nicely done!

teteme

Who cares? just goes to prove if you have fame and notariiety, you can do what ever you want and its ok, becasue someone will paint you up to appear great again

Hopeless in PA

Whats the big deal? Record people do this all the time to heighten the "drama". Being from radio myself, I have been out on the roof, in a car, and even, in the bathroom to hear new songs just so I wouldn't "record them". Trust me, if you want it bad enough, you can find it. TMZ, strop making things seem so much more then they are. Seriously.

janet

it's so nice to see you so happy brit congrats and live girl live!

.....

How can anyone think that brits new album is anything more than crap? When are britards going to realize that continuing to support this talentless, selfish brat will only result in disaster? By supporting her you are saying, "it's okay to abuse and neglect your children, it's okay to abuse drugs, it's okay to treat people disrespectfully". That is a really sad thing.

cochino

WTF???? I CANT FAST FORWARD IT???? I'm outta here!

maybe forwarding the poor disc will reveal even more the studio trickery involved in making this trash

J

Hasn't Jive done this kind of crap before? They should have spent that much time and effort on not having it and other albums of theirs being leaked if they were that worried about it.

Who would jump through hoops to listen to it? - People who's jobs depend on it!

JOHN BARONE

HOW TO MARKET A MENTAL CASE KEEP HER IN A BOX LIKE A CIRCUS SIDE SHOW COME SEE THE FREAKY LADY WHO FLIPS OUT ON A REGULAR BASIS YOU JUST MAY SEE HER SNAP

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments