Ashlee and Pete

Jungle Fever

11/21/2008 3:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ashleepete-1And their next child shall be named Queens Baloo.

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz had their kid yesterday (well done, blah blah blah), but couldn't resist the temptation to give their new son a name that will make him either very cool or most likely deeply resentful for a long time. That is, Bronx Mowgli -– as in asphalt jungle and Jungle Book.

Everybody's healthy and happy, by the way.

MareNYC

What is with these celebs trying to be soo creative with baby names? Sorry Ash and Pete but you are no way as cool or as HOT as the Beckhams who ALREADY named one of their sons after a NYC borough! Seriously, like either one of them has anything sentimental towards the Bronx!! And Mowgli - are you serious!!

Kid must be pretty ugly too b/c post plastic surgery features do not show up in your god given DNA!! Uughh and Pete's no looker either.

kittywillalwayslove doggie007

GOD LOVE YOUR LITTLE KING......IM SURE HE IS YOUR FAV,,,ANGEL....WINK

Disgusting

Hope she doesn't take the kid to the same horrible plastic surgeon who messed up her face. He's a nightmare.

Wc from Sc

such an ugly ass name. poor kid, they should be ashame of themselves to think of a name like bronx but thats hollywood for ya. stupid ass names and ugly ass babies.

Nancy

CONGRATULATIONS on your new bundle of joy !!!!!
I was so happy to hear your news Pete & Ashlee !!!

My two cents

This just goes to show again the maturity level of these two ass hats. She, as an adult, still has fairy tale birthday parties, complete with children accessories, child like baby showers and a wedding that resembled that of two little kids playing pretend wedding. Now they have a child and they name it after a Disney cartoon? Children having children. How attractive.

Goldenmama

Celebs aren't the only ones who pick dumb names for their children. I know some folks who named their son 'Asland Hobbes', for the main character in The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and the cartoon Calvin & Hobbes. IMHO, these are names you give to pets, not kids.....

Kate

My CATS name is Mowgli...anyone else noticing that this babys initals are BMW, serioulsy happy for them but Bronx Mowgli is an awful name!!

me

well im from the bronx so its cool hes named bronx but a little odd. why bronx?

atleast its not staten island mowgli

Nicole

Wasn't she supposedly haveing twins? Wtf? What happened to that?

R.Zimmerman

In answer to all your questions about why parents would give their children demeaning, idiotic names, here it is:

When you have no basic intelligence, education, life-experience, class, or plain common sense, you are destined to act like an a**. Simple enough.

Bryana

Personally I'm happy for Pete and Ashlee, I'm sure the baby will be adorable and sure the name took a while to grow on me but you people are just terrible. Who are you to judge? I think Bronx Mowgli is so much better than any 'traditional' name in the books. And besides, the kid could have it worse, he could be Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz IV.

indybelle

Would you rather them name the baby John or Emily? How boring... I like Bronx! Mowgli is a bit much, but Bronx is a nice, fresh name.

ACLU member

What's up with such creepy name Bronx Mowgli? Everybody in the gay community knows Pete Wentz is gay although he only has admitted that he is bi, he should have named his son "Castro West Hollywood" instead to honor his gay heritage!

tami

I wonder if my insurance will cover a portable bronx-wentz machine?

I hate having to make those weekly trips to the hospital.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments