It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like KKKristmas!

11/26/2008 1:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Burning CrossNothing says Season's Greetings like a burning cross on your front lawn!

The American Family Association -- a hate group disguised as an ultra-right wing Christian organization -- wants to usher in the holiday spirit by selling this nearly six foot tall scary lookin' lighted cross. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

The evil '50s throwback is available on their website for just 82 hate-filled dollars "and requires only a screwdriver" to assemble.

lolablue

If the lights were green rather than white you never would have brought it up. What's the difference?

Divashels

oh P.S. Harvey Levins face is offensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mik

A little gaudy but this is still a free country .For Now!

wasted days and wasted nights

That is so wrong, TMZ, to mingle the KKK with Christmas. Offensive with a capital O. Make it a new year's resolution to stop promoting the Klan under the guise of this type of 'humor.'

Bash a Pap

Trust me... if I propped that up in my Georgia lawn it would send the WRONG message. I mean the KKK is still active here and people would be reminded of the hate, bigotry and cruelty associated with this. Not to mention that the AFA is a VERY white organization... if you get my drift.

Haxx

Think about how the Klan used to light wooden crosses on people's front lawns.

you guys are ignorant.

Allan

Harvey, Have you folks lost your marbles? You seem to place folks with the IQ of a ten year old so they can run tripe like this. Mocking the dead shortly after they die is terrible enough, but you guys are taking yourselves way too seriously. Who are you pandering to?? Come on, be honest.

LH

It appears to me that a black TMZ employee is baiting the rest of us. That is hate.

San Francisco

UN - EDUCATED IDIOTS. Look, we're here, we're queer, and we're sitting next to you @ Thanksgiving dinner.
Funny, you don't see college - graduated people being this afraid of change.

A

"Evil 50s throwback?" Is that really a fair portrayal of a lit cross? You really are making mountains out of molehills on this one. Luckily I'm not offended easily, but what a slap in the face to those of us who remember what the CHRISTmas (not holiday) season is all about.

Di from Chey

According to Wikipedia, the American Family Association is a non-profit organization that promotes conservative Christian values. How can tmz refer to them as a hate group? When I think of “hate groups” I think of the ku klux klan, al-qu’ida, Rosie O’Donnell and others. I’m all for conservative Christian values. I guess I’m one of the members of the silent majority. Outfits like tmz can scream loud and ugly and get away with it.

Diva

@Sign of our times

Just making that bogus azz statement you made is race baiting. Please sit in the corner and only speak when you are spoken to..

Kally

I think what all of the previous commenters are missing is that the organization that is selling these "decorations" is KNOWN for hate. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was how inappropriate it is. While a lighted cross may be beautiful to some Christians - to some socially aware people - it is terribly offensive. To each their own I guess, but I know if my neighbour erected such a thing - I'd never turn my back on them!

Per

I don't know if this group is a hate group or not, but TMZ cannot be trusted to be truthful in regards to anything to do with Christianity. They are anti-Christian LIBERALS. The LIBERALS are the hate group. Look at the Ann Coulter headline here for a good example of hate. They will probably label any right wing Christian organization as a hate group. They hate Christians or anything to do with Christianity. That's one reason they constantly pick on a very young Christian, Miley Cyrus. Defend Christianity. The Democrat Liberals want it abolished.

Pogue Mahone

Why is it the ultra Liberals always refer to pro-family groups as "hate" groups? Since when is valuing family and faith hateful?I notice whenever anything Christian is mentioned it's attacked. Talk about hateful and intolerant...