Richard Simmons

Tiny Shorts, Huge Heart

11/28/2008 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Only Richard Simmons could get away with singing "Loosen up my buttons, baby" in Daisy Dukes too short for the Pussycat Dolls.

1128_simmons3_tmz_video-1
The fitness guru raided Mrs. Claus' closet and handed out cash to the homeless and cranberry juice to people waiting in line for Black Friday sales this morning in NYC.

Oh, and he kissed a girl.

Zebedee Doodah

I am thinking this is flamboyant gay old man. Is crazy too. Yes?

1967 days ago

ginger

Funny as hell.

1967 days ago

T.

Richard would be welcome at my home anyday!!! He's soooo awesome!!!!
Love you soo much!!

1967 days ago

Kit

How could anyone ever say a bad word about Richard Simmons? He is the sweetest man and cares only about others.

I love you Richard, please come to Michigan!!!

1966 days ago

stupid women & the religious right

LOVE Richard! There is no one in this world quite like him.. every time he goes on Letterman I end up in tears from laughing so hard, and you know that Dave really likes him too, despite giving him a hard time every appearance. His project with reintroducing physical activity into P.E. classes in schools is great too.

1966 days ago

Roy

You can say what you want about Richard, but the guy has a heart of gold and a wonderful personality to go with it. If everyone could be like him this world would be so much better. I do find myself staying up late to watch him on Letterman.. They have great chemistry ...

1966 days ago

Snookers13

Love Richard! What a naughty Nellie he is and what a wonderful person to boot.

1966 days ago

Zebedee Doodah

Richard always got me teared-up when he confronted those fat chicks who reached out to him for help, and then bought his "Deal-A-Meal" program instead of getting off the couch and away from the infomercials and getting out of the house to exercise. He was always most sincere when taking their money for crap like "Sweatin' to the Oldies," too. I know he didn't do it for the money, because he would cry when he would interview them and they would confide in him that "nothing seems to work." GET THE HELL OFF THE COUCH AND EXERCISE instead of shuffling your "Deal-A-Meal" cards in order to figure out how much candy you can eat in a given day if you starve yourself in the morning. Or buy one of Richard's books, and that way you can throw away more money. Remember, though, that Richard cares, because he cries all of the time, unless he is counting his money.

1966 days ago