Scary Juice Lady

Anita Bryant

'Memba Her?!

11/28/2008 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In the '70s, failed singer turned Florida orange juice spokesperson Anita Bryant became famous for using her hate and celebrity to help repeal a Miami ordinance that prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation. Guess what she looks like now!

Anita Bryant

c hill

Boy, some long-standing grudges for one woman you don't happen to agree with who may even have changed for the better since she said those things. It's possible. Otherwise, I can't imagine holding a grudge for someone you never knew personally for all those years. Get over it.

2049 days ago

Rob in FLL

Listen up children! People can believe whatever they want. What is evil about this woman, and hardly Christian, is that she spread vicious lies about homosexual perople as a group. She intentionally hurt a great many people. She is a pathetic bigot. I hope to visit her grave someday, and I won't be praying over it!

2049 days ago

smartgram

I REMEMBER THE INCIDENT WITH ANITA BRYANT . I DISAPPROVED OF HER IDEAS THEN AND I ALSO DO NOW.
I FELT THAT SHE DESERVED LOSING HER JOB WITH FLORIDA ORANGE JUICE.

2049 days ago

Jason Stone

This hateful bigot doesn't deserve to be mentioned, not even on AOL. I'll bet her and Jerry Falwell were good friends, simple minds think alike.

2049 days ago

Dolly

Through the 1980s and '90s Bryant continued to proclaim her Christianity, but had little to say about politics. She opened her own Anita Bryant Theater in Branson, Missouri, but ticket sales were weak, and Bryant relocated her stage show to an Arkansas tourist town, where she declared bankruptcy. She then opened the Anita Bryant Music Mansion in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, where the auditorium was rarely more than ¼ full. In all three states employees and bills were left unpaid when the Bryant operation went out of business. According to newspaper accounts, her unpaid taxes totaled $116,000 in Missouri, $172,000 in Arkansas, and about $490,000 in Tennessee.

In 1998, Miami-Dade county reinstated human rights protections for gays and lesbians. Five years later, the Christian Coalition backed a county-wide effort to repeal the law, but lost, with Bryant offering no public comment. One of Bryant's sons is reportedly gay.

2048 days ago

stephanie

Otherwise whatone read is saying is if you hate a biggot then you are a biggot. I do not hate her. I just wish her a horrible horrible restof her life and slow miserable existence she has bestowed on others who were different. She is an awful wound from the past. If perhaps she had preached tolerance and love she would be a hero today instead of this evil terrorist woman of gay and TGs...She needs to hurry up and die to cleanse the wounds from the past. Shwoing her face is a disgrace.

2041 days ago

A real good christian

I wish TMZ would look into that this hateful womans son is known to be gay, that might be one reason she stopped all the hatefilled speaking around the country. I bet she is either quietly loving her gay son, or she is still mean and hateful to everyone that does not see life like her. I'd guess once a witch always a witch. But now she has a gay son in the family, so she is quiet about being so hateful against gay people. Funny how life is. Did someone say karma??!

2026 days ago

ART

There is a special place in hell for this bitch may she burn slowly

Edgar Douglas Foster

I'm Anti-Abortion, Anti-gayrights, Pro-Israel, And Old Fashion Christian Values.

Edgar Douglas Foster