Brits Go Crazy For Brit

11/29/2008 6:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney's lip synching was on target today when she greeted Simon Cowell and the folks of the "X-Factor" for her third comeback performance of "Womanizer".
Britney Spears -- Click To Watch!
The now famous arm dancing routine reverted back to the drone-like performance from Germany.

mary

The act is the same as in Germany and France, just a slightly different spin on each show. The video was good but the live
show lacked the dancing. Her dad is one sick b------. Can't wait to read the new Rolling Stone Mag on her. The last article was great and very informative, hope this one will be to. It seems dad and her attorney are making a ton of money off her.

THAT IS BULL SH-T

WHY IS SHE NOT REALING SINGING LIVE?THAT MAKES NO SENSE. I AM TIRED OF THE SAME SONG......BORING...I THINK IT IS GREAT SHE HAS PUT HERSELF BACK TOGETHER AND ALL BUT DAMN IF THIS IS THE COME BACK IT SUCKS....LETS ACTUALLY SING AND SING A DIFFERENT SONG BRIT....................

Me, myself and I

Britney fans, please stop congratulating her on how far she has come after "what she's been through and has happened to her." Everything that has happened to her, and what she has gone through was DIRECTLY CAUSED BY HER! SHE abused drugs. SHE picked Kevin. SHE chose to have two children with Kevin. SHE fired her manager. SHE chose to associate with Sam Lutfi. SHE chose to party instead of taking care of her kids. Now, I've read that she wants to get back together with Adnan, even though it would mean that she would never have custody of her kids again.

It's hilarious that her theme song is Womanizer. Shouldn't it be Manizer, considering her past history? It's rare for people to come across a totally moraless person, but Britney is a person who has no sense of right or wrong. Those who think that her personal life should not impact her professional life, should really look at how unprofessional her past three performances have been. Her fans are just congratulating her for getting back on the horse she fell off of. Here she is, still acting like a rebellious teenager, when reasonable people expect her to act like a grownup.

me

THANK YOU #46 FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!

Muzzy

I believe the applause and screaming is not exactly for Britney's performance, but done in the same fashion that they do for television shows. The producers talk to the audience before these people go on stage and ask them to scream and applaud. They do it on 'The View", on "Jerry Springer" and countless other shows. This trick's been around for decades.

w

I think I seen a little hint of the old Brittney in this one, I miss the old Brittney and I think she's coming back judging by this video, but I need to say this, i hope she's becomes the girl next door again, not what she was before. and to the #5 comment, HILARIOUS!!

w

sheeze, I wrote that comment before reading the rest, I must say #46 you really opened my eyes, I had no idea about the adnan thing and honestly forgot about all the other stuff. makes good sense.

ole man

She really sucks....i couldn't even watch the whole thing. what is the magic to her? She seems to have no talent left...Give it a break, disappear into obscurity..

Now, what is goin on with Julia, she get caught being involved with the killing of her bro, mom and son yet? Thats what i really wanta know

M.S.

I don't see why people keep complaining about her. They are still paying to see her lip sync. DUH!
If you want a real show go see someone else.
Pathetic! Over Paid for Lip Syncing!!

What goes around will come around, Harvey

Posted at 12:17AM on Nov 30th 2008 by DIANE T

I mostly agree. I know what you mean when you say what reasonable people should expect, but another wayt to think of it is this: if a person is being reasonable (i.e., logical, realistic), they won't expect Britney to act like a grownup, because she is incapable of doing that.

The most realistic expectation is that Britney will not suddenly develop more brain power and figure out that she needs to grow up. I think that this is beyond her abilities. She has a mental illness on top of the fact that she has been spoiled and narcissistic all her life. Furthermore, she is not very bright. Therefore, she is very unlikely to ever progress past the selfish, entitled, pre-teen stage of her emotional development.

It's true that Britney's life got screwed up because of her own choices. It's also true, I believe, that she has never had the mental, emotional, nor intellectual capacity to make better choices, and therefore, much of what she has been suffering has probably been unavoidable.

This is very sad. Actually, it's tragic, because as Britney gets older, she will have fewer and fewer opportunities to play the role of the star that she used to be, and as this reality sets in, she will become devastated.

Because of Britney's innate diminished capacity, I think it's cruel and heartless the way that some people attack and trash her. It's equivalent to tormenting a handicapped person. This poor woman is going to have a difficult, sad life, and she needs love, sympathy, and lots of care.

What goes around will come around, Harvey

PS: I'd like to add that I don't advocate that people encourage Britney's attempt to restart her career. I think that the kindest thing for her would be for her family to ease her out of the limelight and give her as much support as possible for coming to terms with this change of direction.

I don't know whether her family is pushing her career, or whether they are trying to give her what she wants, herself. If it's the former, it may be because Britney's money situation is dire enough that she has to bring in some income in the short run to avoid her own financial meltodwn. If so, then I wish her luck, but at the same time, I hope she can build up her funds quickly and then shift permanently out of the world of celebrity and fame.

If it's the latter, then I hope that the family wises up and starts putting pressure on Britney to get out of the limelight, because I don't see anything good coming out of that in the long run for her.

I hate snobs!

Good Lord that was awful. The Brits must have low standards. She has long ago lost her sex appeal and now that bland blob of what she used to be is extremely hard to watch. Why can't she just stay home and put us all out of our misery? Yuck.

TJ

She isn't the only lip sinching megastar. Never the less, she does have a talented voice, I mean she had to record those albums in order to lip sync them right? A few more years out of trouble and she might just be hot again.

Kristina

I haven't watched the video and I usually don't care enough about her to comment, but guess what?! Just about all performers lip-synch on award shows, talk shows, etc. It's apart of the business. They tend to use their full-on vocals on their albums and at concerts. There are a variety of reasons for this, but it's true. Sorry to disappoint. I guess you just have to understand different aspects of the business to know this.

Gia

I actually think this performance has been her best out of the 3 so far, but # 6 i think you're right she does need to improve her dancing

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments