« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Plaxico -- Cuffs Make the Man

12/1/2008 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

With his hands cuffed firmly behind his back, Plaxico Burress just left a NYC police precinct after turning himself in on a felony weapons charge. He'll be arraigned sometime this afternoon, we're told.
Plaxico: Click to watch
As he was placed in handcuffs, sources say Plax "looked really, really down ... shellshocked."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MCofGAMES

One little problem: Didn't the Supreme Court recently reaffirm the Second Amendment? Burress is licensed to carry in Florida, and under the Commerce clause, that license should be good in NYC, regardless of whether Mike Bloomberg likes it or not and regardless of what NYC law says. This might end up as an important test case, Burress being a complete jerk nonwithstanding.

Barfalufugus

NO MORE of this @zzhole, TMZ!!! We don't need hourly updates on this loooooser!

$$$

What exactly is he pleading "Not Guilty" to? Shooting himself? Carrying a concealed weapon? Since it is SOOOOOO obvious he is guilty, he'll be found not guilty...can you say O.J.??

mike ferrante

aaarrrrrggghhh!!!! must be a Pats fan. If you dont like it, dont read it you moron

mike ferrante

aaarrrrrggghhh!!!! must be a Pats fan. :) Hey moron, if you dont like it..... DONT READ IT!

Barfalufugus

mike ferrante...had to post it twice? I think you are the moron. And FYI...I don't follow any football team. So get over yourself.

Triple Play

Jen # 2, FYI Burress' license to carry in Florida expired last year. That being said NYC has hasd a long term no concealed law on the books for maby years and no other state can supercede that. Each state has or does not have their own concealed carry laws that are recognized by some other states. NY does not recognize the Florida law.

fo real

HES GOING THROUGH A BAD TIME.
NY GIANTS FANS SHOULD STAND BY HIM.
GOOOO GIANTS

leo

MONEY +FAME =TOTAL IDIOT ,,,,,,I LIVE IN PITTSBURGH ,,,HAVE BEEN IN SOME SITUATIONS WHERE HE WAS PRESENT ,,,,,TOTAL IDIOT ,,,,,,,HE THINKS HE IS ABOVE THE LAW .....HE IS NO HINES WARD ,,,TERRELL OWNES OR EVEN A RANDY MOSS ,,,,,,MORE LIKE A GANGSTA WANT TO BE .........IF WE WANTS TO BAD PUT HIM IN RIKERES FOR 3 TO 5 YEARS .........SUPER BOWL HALFTIME ..MICHAEL VICK AND HIS PIT BULL ....PLAXICO AND HIS GUN ......WINNER GOES HOME FREE.....ID WATCH FOR SURE .....JANET JACKSON AS THE REFEREE

Tracy

I'm a PATS fan and I LOVE reading about other players from other teams getting into trouble....so mike ferrante I don't know why you would make that comment

iloverock&roll

Also commerce clause does not apply here, because regulation of concealed & unregistered firearms is a state function that can be reasonably limited state to state. Florida is not NYC. NYC has a significant interest in protecting its citizens from concealed weapons inside city limits. Do you have any idea how many people are cramed into this city.
Can't have people all over with guns. Besides, this guy could have killed someone.
Jail...period.

Rick

Can some genius tell me when the last time a WHITE NFL football player was involved in shooting himself?

Thanks...

PM

You mean, star turns himself in and doesn't get turned loose right away for gracing the authorities with his presence... Only in New York... And the rest of the real world that isn't Los Angeles.

SkankTosser

TNB? Fame + money + ignorance = punkass wannabe toughguy shooting himself.
Career = OVER!

kan

"Your honor, just before I didn't shoot myself with the gun I didn't bring, I was telling the doorman about the fines I didn't get for the stunts I didn't pull while not a member of the team I don't belong to for the money they didn't pay me. Not guilty"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments