William Balfour

Arrested

for Hudson Murders

12/1/2008 7:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1110_balfour_bn03-1Chicago cops have arrested William Balfour for the murders of Jennifer Hudson's mom, brother, and nephew.

Balfour was transferred to CPD custody today after they served an arrest warrant. Charges from the Cook County State's Attorney's Office are pending.

UPDATE: We're told the CPD had no new evidence against Balfour -- but they were finally able to scrape all the dirt on him into one pile, which was enough to make the arrest. Also, Balfour is still waiting to be formally charged -- and this could take a day, or up to a week.

Story developing ...

More Today in TMZ History

Nvestigator

WRONG!!!! Try again..This Man did not kill this family..CPD is RIDICULOUS, CROOKED AND CANT GET STRAIGHT!!! This is exactly why there will be a mistrail and he will WALK..or CPD is just waiting to see how the PUBLIC respond to this BOGUS newsworthy story.....Too many holes in this investigation, a defense attorney would eat it up..c'mon CPD i know yall are not that incompetent............LAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS talk and about and release the truth

Monitor

For Chicago reader, why is Belford being arrested for the killings but not being charged for the murders? From the headlines he would have went to court for his parole violations Dec. 2, Now CPD decide to arrest him but he has NOT been charged, someone help me understand what's going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loud and talentless

Now I can tell by his mug shot that he has been framed. He obviously is a fine young man who was raised by parents that taught him the difference between right and wrong. I'm sure that he has good character, a strong work ethic and is kind to children, the elderly and animals.

GET REAL! Flush this turd down the toilet, ASAP! Friggin' canker sore.

Yawn

PEOPLE LIKE HIM ARE A POX ON THIS NATION.
All they do is waste space in the legal system and cost us money.
Illinois doesn't even have the death penalty, not that anything would
happen to him quickly anyway. He will go through the court and jail system
for years and years and years and hopefully will never see the
outside world again.
Just remember though, he already has kids and another on the way...how
lucky that he spread his seed around to pass on his fabulous genealogy.

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

GEE, WHAT A SHOCKER!! WHAT A CREEP,

Hayley B

Well he may have been involved but he didn't move that SUV from jail.

ohreallyyy

I think this is some BULL he did'nt do it anf CPD is tripped out

ohreallyyy

@ ikno I agree with you 100%. There is way more to all of this than meets the eye. At some point obvious questions will begin to be asked. They should also stop tossing this fake suspect at us. This case was heart wrenching for most, especially because of the child. I hope they don't just frame this guy and let a true Monster continue to roam the streets.

allen antrim

All the judges and parole people should be held responsible for letting this kind of human excrement back out. I wonder if that human excrement that killed the anchor lady was out on parole. Joe Stalin had a saying, "Man with a problem, no more man no more problem."

Sally

DNA is a powerful thing. The police caught the Pressley murderer because of DNA, prisoners have to give it when they are arrested. Hopefully the Chicago PD have dna that matches up with Balfour. There is a huge DNA bank being compiled and it's going to be very hard for criminals to get away with crimes.

As for Balfour, I believe he had an accomplice. And as for Julia, she's "ghetto" and not of her right mind. Balfour had two women besides Julia....meaning he's a big fat liar and not to be trusted.

Yawn

Too bad that mark on his head isn't a bullet hole.

DaveO

sounds to me like they just picked up the first black man they could find to pin this on. We need some evidence not just a frame up so the cops look good. Maybe Obama can give this poor man a pardon if he gets convicted. I think we should start up a defense fund for him. Maybe the democrats have some change left over they can spare.

Zen

I totally agree with you on this one!

42. Maybe this guy is not guilty. And no I am not a family member of his either. I was so stunned and saddened when I heard of this tragdey that I just cried. But, there seems to be some unanswered questions regaurding his guilt or innocense. It has been said that he admitted to being at the house that morning and his car was seen in the neighborhood. Maybe he was there because he did spend the night and maybe his car was in the neighborhood, rather than in front of the house, because he wasn't supposed to be there and Julia snuk him in after her mother went to bed. Why would he or someone move and abandon his car at a school. If he committed the murders why wouldn't he just get in his car and drive away.Or maybe he parked the car at the school so it wouldn't be seen in front of the house that night. Did the camera at the school show when/what time the car was put there? Or maybe he was there when everything went down and he ran but knew who it was. Did the police ever say how long Julian had been dead when they found him. Why would he admit to being there at all if he is guilty. If he and Julia were arguing about the car at the house, then she lied when she said she found out about it when she got to work and called him. If he is quilty then I hope he fries but if he is not guilty I hope the police don't just pin this on him because of his past record. Why take the child away from the house period. I think whoever did this was going to hold the child for money but when Balfour was arrested they deceided to let him take the blame so they killed the child and planted his body in that area where he was found. Balfour was arrested at his girlfriends house and the van was found near there. Why wouldn't the police look all over that area for that van. Notice it was found after Balfour was arrested. Too many questions. Unless they have some concrete evidence I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It is not a known fact that he did this.

Posted at 11:52PM on Dec 1st 2008 by mae

Barfalufugus

If he did it, I doubt he did it alone. I just find something fishy about the whole thing. There could be other suspects that police are looking at and perhaps they don't want that info leaked to the press.

2060 days ago

tanya

Mae # 42 I totally agree with you!!!

2060 days ago