Balfour

Charged in Hudson Murders

12/2/2008 5:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Cook County state's attorney's office has just officially charged William Balfour with the murders of Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew.

He's been charged with three counts of first degree murder and one count of home invasion.

Balfour is scheduled for a bond hearing at noon Central time tomorrow.

UPDATE 4:21 ET: In their presser, which just ended, the State's Attorney and cops said they're "confident" about their case, which some unnamed sources have claimed is "mainly circumstantial." They said they do have physical evidence tying Balfour to the scene, and emphasized they did not cut a deal with Balfour's girlfriend to elicit her testimony.

Can't Stand Obama

They better have physical evidence that ties him to the crime. If they don't he can't be charged again since the dumb asses charged him with all three murders. They must really think they have this conviction in the bag. For their sake, and the family's sake, I hope they are right.

jwoolman

Yikes, people - Balfour is just the easiest suspect, not necessarily the murderer. They'll have to come up with real evidence beyond a reasonable doubt for the court, assuming they can find an unprejudiced jury at this point. The Chicago PD doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation in general, and any police department under a lot of public pressure to close a case has a tendency to just go for the easiest target, to get people off their back. It's not like tv, where no stone is unturned to find the real killer. Family (or ex-family) are always the first suspect in such cases, and a lot of innocent people have been charged and jailed because police don't always go beyond that rule, Don't know if that's true here, but there's a reason for "innocent until proven guilty".

Think about the fact that if Balfour isn't the one who did it - there's a killer (or killers) still on the loose. If the police are no longer looking, then there is less and less chance that the whole truth will come out. Feel safer now?

And as far as his photo "looking like a killer" is concerned - good grief, if that photo showed up in a high school yearbook, nobody would say that! You're seeing what you expect to see.

Sand

Jwoolman -- you are so correct. Innocent until proven guilty. I don't trust the CPD...

Elsie

I'M READING ALOT OF RACIST COMMENT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I BELEIVE THAT THIS MAN IS INNOCENT AND THAT JULIA NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AGAIN AND AGAIN. WILLIAMS PAST IS HUNTING HIM AND ONLY GOD WILL AND CAN SET HIM FREE. FOR JULIA YOU RAISED YOUR SON IN A HELL WHOLE AND THIS IS THE OUT COME. GOD BLESSES THE CHILD WHO HAS IT'S OWN, JULIA LEECHED OFF HER FAMILY AND THEN WANTS TO KNOW WHO IS PRETTIEST AFTER THERE GONE. WHAT YOU DO IN THE DARK WILL SOON COME TO LIGHT. JULIA BEEING SUCH A CHRISTINE ALLOWED FOR HERE SON TO LIVE LIKE THIS!!!!! SHE WAS WORKING WHY WAS SHE STILL LIVING WITH HER MOTHER NOW THAT IS A SHAME. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT SHE DOESN'T BRING ANY MORE CHILDREN IN TO THE WORLD WITH THE CHOSE OF MEN THAT SHE DRAWS. AS FOR JENNIFER GIRL KEEP IT PUSHING GOD HAS BLESSED YOU AND WILL CONTIUNE TO AS LONG AS YOU DO THE RIGHT THINGS IN LIFE AND SHELD YOUR SELF FROM ALL EVILNESS INCLUDING YOUR SISTER IF JULIA WAS MY SISTER SHE WOULD BE AS GOOD DEAD.

Nvestigator

LOOK..CPD is stupid..How the hell they are going to charge him with home invasion if the say there were no force entry??? and why is he being charged with 3 murder counts and he was in custody before julian body and the suv was discovered??? where is the time of death for julian.. CPD probably had other suspects and granted them immunity for their testimony against Balfour... If he's invovled , he was not alone...impossible..Julia C'mon NOW fess up, yoou and Balfour party the night of ya birthday the day/night before the murders...yall was lovey dovey, getting along fine and there were no hard feelings...Please Miss Balfour your son is going to take the rap for Jason past and Julian's father gangsta life...tell William he need speak up cause the odds are against him and he is being set up/framed by whoever just so CPD could look like heroes...........NOT

shorty t

Anokie you voted for Mr. Obama and your mother did too, you just don't want your white friends too know that you love black people so you got to post a whole bunch of bull to throw your white counterparts off, but we know you love MR Obama- President elect thats why he is always on your mind. Balfour you will get yours.

saba

This guy is super ugly, and should burn in the fifth level of hell while dogs piss on him. Baster I knew he did it, it just all made sence.

saba

thank god, its over.... sad day but not sadder than the day she lost her fam

Joann

I hope the police did not beat a confession out of William because he has a criminal background and was at the house that morning. I still feel if he was connected with this , but he did not act alone.

I want them to catch who did this but I want it to be the RIGHT PERSON(S), not just convict the wrong person to close a high-profile case.

Check out Williams's mother on video on CLTV. It makes you think. Click on the video that is 6 minutes and 8 seconds long.

Huh?

I wanna do Obama. I wanna obama to banga mama.

"Relatively Speaking"....

This case is very crazy and very suspect!..I personaly never thought that Williams Balfour was the killer in these horrendous homicides!
I think that there is much more to this than meets the eye and the CPD just wants to hurry up and close this high-profile case!
If I am right in my assumptions that means that there is still a killer/killers running loose in Chicago!
People on here keep commenting on what William looks like in that mug shot...I have just one thought on that, exactly what does a killer look like?...Ted Bundy was a serial killer and as clean cut as they come!
I just pray to God that this case is solved correctly and if William did indeed do this he deserves a very long jail sentence...actually he deserves 3 life sentences plus more sentences on top of that!
Lastly, go to CLTV.com and watch Williams mother long interview.. click the one that says 6:08...it was very interesting.
P.S...I'm more suspect of Julia Hudson than I will ever be of William Balfour...point being, IF he did indeed do this she was either there or had previous knowledge on what was going to go down...theres just something very shady about her...that woman is no innocent victim...only her baby, her mother and her brother are!
I hope that no matter who or what that the TRUTH comes out in this case and I hope that it is not revealed that Julia had something to do with this...that would be the lowest of the low in my opinion!

Elaine 27

I hope that William's mother continue to be relentless and ensured that her son gets good representation. Something just do not seems right with this case. I do not trust the statement made by the girlfriend considering that she has an impending drug case. I am wondering if all these people belong in the gang. It seems as if they are all drug pushers ( this current girlfriend who squeeled on him has a drug case before the courts). If William committed the murders, I do not believe that he did this alone. Time and time again in this country, black people have been to the electric chair for crimes that they did not commit, all because they did not have a good lawyer. It is so easy to judge William Balfore because he had a prior record, but let us reserve our judgement and let this case pens out, because something just do not feel right about this conviction. This is very suspecious, especially now that it is brought forth that the girlfriend who told the police that she saw if with a gun that looked like the murder weapon, so long after the fact, and the fact that she has a drug case before the courts just have me reserving my judgements until I get some further details.

Straight Girl

If William did do this I hope he suffers like nobody has ever before. I just can't shake this feeling that Julia knows more than she is saying. My God I hope that I am wrong about this feeling. I am most likely wrong because the CPD would have charged her by now and if she was involved William would not take the fall for the both of them what would he gain by that spending the rest of his life in jail.

egriffin

I think Balfour is a waste of skin but that being said, I am not totally convinced that he did it or if he did, that he was the only one involved or with knowledge of the crime. Seems like he's the only one going down for this but there is no way you can tell me that this goof can kill three people in the manner he did. He had help no doubt about if he did it. The Punisher he ain't!

egriffin

By the way, for those that keep implying about Balfour's pic that "this is a face of a killer", then perhaps you can explain Ted Bundy (as one other poster said)! For that matter, O.J. Simpson, Michael Vick, Scott Peterson, Jeffery Dhamer or Chris Benoit! All of these men were as clean cut looking as they came and had reputations that were good to almost sparkling until they committed murder. I know, O.J. was found not guilty of double murder but that only means the court didn't find him guilty, not that he didn't do it.

I agree he deserves to suffer if he did do it but even if he did, no one is going to tell me that he was alone! He had help! And while I am not from Chicago, police across America have made mistakes before and some cases that were "slam dunks" turned out to be wrong later. I just hope they bother to get it right rather than railroad someone because of his criminal past.

What I am saying is, I don't think the CPD has got this one right.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments