« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sean Avery: Gimme a Sloppy Second Chance!

12/4/2008 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hockey hothead Sean Avery is scrambling to make up for the foul comments he made about his ex girlfriend, Elisha Cuthbert, by releasing this apology:

"I would like to sincerely apologize for my off-color remarks to the press yesterday from Calgary.

"I should not have made those comments and I recognize that they were inappropriate. It was a bad attempt to build excitement for the game, but I am now acutely aware of how hurtful my actions were. I caused unnecessary embarrassment to my peers as well as people I have been close with in the past.

"I apologize for offending the great fans of the NHL, the commissioner, my teammates, my coaching staff and the Dallas Stars management and ownership. As many of you know, I like to mix it up on and off the ice from time to time, but understand that this time I took it too far."

Sean was suspended indefinitely by the NHL for saying another hockey player was lapping up his "sloppy seconds" (Elisha) -- his apology came from SportingNews.com. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

AllAmericanGirl

Hey Lucy, just have to point out that the majority of Hockey Players are IGNORANT FOREIGNERS, not ignorant rednecks....

Barfalufugus

6. Words are like spent arrows, once you say them you can NEVER get them back. He is nothing but a low class pig. I would be embarrassed if I were his girlfriend, mother, wife, etc. Wash you mouth out and control your edit feature.

Posted at 7:47AM on Dec 4th 2008 by Italian Momma

=================================================
Italian Momma, I didn't get it either. #7 is a nut.

Can anyone translate ranting moron and fill me in on that #7 is saying?

sharksfan

Does anybody remember the whole Todd Bertuzzi mess, he almost killed another player with one hit, ended his career and was only suspended for 1 season. Sean Avery ran his mouth about his ex and gets suspened indefinately. That's just wrong. Sean Avery isn't the reason the Stars suck this season. Maybe if Turco would spend more time working on his sorry game and less time bad mouthing his teammates they might not be the bottom dwellers that they are.

PM

I'm pretty sure the Kings would be happy to take him back.

Firerocket

Typical Jock comment,no wonder I hated these guys in school,most of them turned out be coke heads in the end.I heard he also dated Racheal Hunter Rod Stewarts ex so I quess he got Rods sloppy seconds.Dallas Stars just jumped on a excuse to get rid of him cause nobody can stand the aggorant dweeb.Please whatever you do don,t come back to Canada,stay in the good old United States and join WWF with all your other mouthy roid boys

NYCSPY

Sean's a really good kid who likes to live on the edge. He is exciting to watch and a lot of people who would never watch hockey are interested in watching because of him. When he was in NY, I started watching the Rangers again, who I haven't even thought about since '94. Now that he's gone, they're completely boring again. ITS HOCKEY, MAJOR TRASHTALKING AND FISTFIGHTS GO DOWN EVERY SINGLE DAY. If anyone else had said this it wouldn't have even made it to the press. Just because it's Sean and everyones watching his every move, this becomes a big deal? Give the guy a break, the league was just waiting for an excuse. I think what he said is quite funny and actually TRUE.

gosensgo

Reading these comments, it seems that no one remembers the other stupid things Sean Avery had done. Disrespecting officials, racial slurs and the list goes on. There is no room in hockey or any other sport for jackass' like this. Being an avid hockey fan, I hope I never have to see this guy again. Unfortunately, here we are talking about him, exactly what this egomaniac wanted.

AllAmericanGirl

#22 (aka: Loser) what does "aggorant" mean? and I think the real reason you hated jocks in high school is because you were then (and still are) a LOSER.

I hope the Wings pick Avery up again. I live in Detroit and even with the depressed economy, I'd scrape together money for a ticket to see him play for us again.

al loanese

please...this BS is blown way out of proportion..........WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE....HE IS DATING HIS SLOPPY SECONDS..HELL THAT TERM IS USED EVERYDAY AND THE CRY BABY WHO IS DATING HIS LEFTOVERS IS JUST THAT A WIMP OF A MAN...HOW MANY TIMES HAS SOME DATED THE WIMPS SLOPPY SECONDS.......SEAN DONT APOLOGIZE TO THAT WIMP.........HE IS DATING YOUR SLOPPY SECONDS...AND THATS JUST THE TRUTH!

Magana

I think this is a horrible, offensive display of power by the National Hockey League. Since when has this man, or any of us, for that matter, given up our 5th Amendment RIGHT to FREEDOM OF SPEECH. The tabloids can print all kinds of crap about anyone and this man, who had a history with a particular woman, cannot make ONE COMMENT, or two, three or four, about a woman who in his opinion is "sloppy seconds". This is a disgrace to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and he should SUE the NHL for breeching his 5TH AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. The NHL should be fined for breaking the law by taking his FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHTS AWAY.

AllAmericanGirl

#26 The 5th amendment covers DUE PROCESS. The FIRST amendment covers that whole FREEDOM OF SPEECH thing you keep going on about. But, I get what you were trying to say...

Firerocket

AllAmericanGirl

#30 REIGNING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS...any you say they haven't amounted to anything??? no wonder you call yourself a loser.

King Beef

30. Speaking of Losers,how about them Detroit Red Wings,they haven,t amounted to anything in years.There almost as bad as the Toronto Maple Leafs.Go Canucks

Posted at 1:32PM on Dec 4th 2008 by Loser

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll see about that tonight at the Joe, Loser.

P.

A suspension thats Bull!!! This is what Sean Avery does he gets under the skin of other players and changes the games dynamic in his teams favor. Look how he has all of these people upset, imagine the guy who it was directed at! Forget the girl who cares she will get over probablly got her all wet knowing he was talking about her; let her go man. But it would have been a good game to watch both of them all upset. The NHL & Stars f'd that one up. I can understand if most people dont get the game but this is the way he plays and many others aswell enforcers they will Fu*** you up mentaly and physically part of the game its not basketball or baseball or even your slow football. A totally different dynamic, he just happens to bang some pretty nice tail so its all talked about all the time. Same thing happened I Believe years ago before the lockout which did f up the hockey market...anyways there was some B.S. between Pavel Bure and Sergie Fedorov over The Tennis player Kornicova something like that they tried to make a big deal announcers would talk about the stuff during a game, who cared... His comments were nothing out of the ordinary, Why does someone have to tip-toe around ex-girlfriend lingo. If he would have used any other words like ex-girlfriend it would have been ok. Everyone knew his intentions to rally emotions for the game... Its rediculous to suspend and take away a persons job because of those lame comments "Sloppy Seconds". Whats said is done Avery should have realized man they were sloppy seconds or thirds or who knows when he got them...just save the trash talk for the ice and dont get all premadona on us using the media to voice your feelings over a lost ex Fu*** buddy g/f whatever. Somone else will sign Avery he will play again if dallas cant handle him; he is to good, not to play again plus... how else is he going to pull hot sluts without hockey! Hmm interesting!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments