O.J. Gets

9 Years!

12/5/2008 3:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

O.J. Simpson was sentenced to nine years in prison, a judge ordered today.

Play video
O.J. pleaded his case to the judge before she sentenced him, but to no avail.

Simpson was convicted on October 3 of 12 criminal counts, including kidnapping, armed robbery and burglary after he and a few pals broke into a Nevada hotel room in an attempt to recover allegedly stolen sports memorabilia. Two of the counts were dismissed at the beginning of today's hearing.

Simpson's cohort, CJ Stewart, was also sentenced to 16 years. He is eligible for parole after six.

David Cook, a lawyer for the Goldman family, tells TMZ, "Fred Goldman is certainly going to wish Mr. Simpson a pleasant journey."

tard in the hood

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love OJ

I can't stop crying. God bless you OJ! We all love you.

Dixie

HOOOOOOOOOOOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Oh happy day!

Eloise

I am glad justice has finally been served. I wonder if he will either try to appeal this ruling (anyone know if that's possible?) or do something dramatic like try to kill himself.

whateveryousay

Hey OJ, you're still a great ACTOR. GO FRED!!

jan

He will die in prison. The world is a little safer with that maniac off the streets. Feel bad for his children, they have to realize he killed there Mother.

I Love OJ

Hang in there O.J. We all love you! I feel like I was sentenced too. Can't stop the tears.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

Didn't mean to steal from anybody? Gawd, this guy has an "answer" (excuse) for everything. Problem is, there is not a shred of truth. Glad to see him behind bars. I would like to have seen his face when the judge announced his sentence. That is what I thought I would see - TMZ, can you help us out with that?

Barfalufugus

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Chevy Girl

To #28. What the hell do you mean "Goldman's get over it"? You never get over your son being brutally murdered, then the killer getting off scott-free. OJ will have to answer to God one day, and I'm sure he's even disgusted with him!

deleta

#10 BITE ME! Too little, too late. I would hope somebody would "hound" my murderer should it come to that. You're a loser too.

Travis Winters

Oh OJ justice works in mysterious ways the sad thing is he'll probably write another book and be golfing in more like a few years.... At least he's where he belongs---for now!!

TMZ FAN

GOOD BYE OJ !!!! ... It couldn't happen to a nicer guy

jen

Justice always prevails!!

Cripes.

Having a jury determine that you're not guilty of a crime...and actually BEING not guilty are sometime two different things.

And to suggest that they need to "get over" having a loved one brutally murdered is just dumb. Ever have a family member murdered? Trust me, you don't get over it.

Is it likely that OJ's sentence is harsher because of his murder acquittal? Yes. Are you going to see me complain? No.