Steve-O -- Jackass in the Ballroom?

12/5/2008 12:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steve-OHave you ever watched "Dancing with the Stars" and thought to yourself, "Man, this show needs a guy who will staple his testicles to his thigh"? Well your wish just might come true.

TMZ has learned Steve-O (who has been sober for nine months) has verbally agreed to appear on the show next season -- and has even auditioned.

Nothing is set in stone yet -- "DWTS" usually unofficially books several stars and then makes the cut down right before they make the official announcement.

A rep for "DWTS" told us, "We never comment on casting rumors, true or false."

Hans

Who on earth is "Steve O" ?

2066 days ago

d to the izzle

Believe it or not, Steve is actually a very talented person. I know this for a fact. I worked with him on a cruise ship, where he was an entertainer. For the job, he had to audition and show a great amount of TRAINED talent. He's going to shock the world if he gets this show!!!

2066 days ago

Ashley

I'd start watching! I'm just saying...

2066 days ago

Ginger

When did he become a "star"? It's not "Dancing with the Morons"...

2066 days ago

Goodgolly

I love Stevo O & DWTS. Can't wait to see him!

2066 days ago

GAMountainGirl

I thought the point to DWTS was to gather ppl from different walks of the entertainment world and teach them something new. So he was a bit crazy in the past. He did help Jackass (the show and movie) take flight and I think it would be refreshing not just to DWTS but for himself to do it. Keep in mind, a lot of his craziness was while he was drunk and promoting Jackass... and yes there was a Jaskass tour. Good Luck Steve-O if you make the show. You have to be better than Kim and her HUGE ass from last season...

2065 days ago

LTS

Yet another sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

2065 days ago

Sikki Vic

I definitely would watch if Steve O were on that wild boy is a crack up You go boy.

2065 days ago

twinkle toes

If nothing else he will add some excitement..instead of the half deadtime to really retire as they have been overally used in the past...give the guy a break....

2065 days ago

V1Man

I seriously doubt that he could stay sober throughout the pressure of the training and performance season, although seeing him OD and be taken away in an ambulance would be rather satisfying in an odd way.

2061 days ago

natalie

i would actually watch this show if steve-o was on it. everyone has messed up in their life a little and people have NO room to judge. I love steve-o and hope hes on dwts

2044 days ago