Kate Walsh -- Privately Practicing Divorce

12/11/2008 7:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kate Walsh and Alex Young were married for a measly 14 months before separating -- which is probably why they tried to sneak the divorce papers through the court system by listing their names as "A.M. Young" and "K.E. Walsh."
Kate Walsh: Click to view docs!
A.M. filed the papers on Tuesday in L.A. County Superior Court, and checked the box for "irreconcilable differences."

Brittany

I hope Kate is okay and knows that her fans are behind her and support her 100%. This is very shocking and sad news. I hope Kate will be okay and has much love and support from her family and friends through this sad and difficult time, especially in the holiday season.

Niiicckkyyy

that sucks, i like kate walsh

truth seeker

Kate has been rumored to be a lesbian for years. I'm not surprised about this news....Kate just got her licker license back.

reallllly?

I think he has gayface. Maybe she' was his beard.

katwright

Oh poor Kitty Kat! I hope she will be OK. Best of luck to her!

RobN

Geez I'm sick of celebrities who go on every freakin show they can find and rave about how they have this perfect love and then get divorced after an hour and a half. I think they fall in love with how good looking they are together and think that means something.

Miriam

Not a Dr. Phil fan, but he once said to a divorcing couple that if they wanted out of their marriage they had to EARN they way out. Good advice. Barring abuse and/or cheating (which gives you a free pass), you need to sit down and figure some things out before throwing in the proverbial 'towel'. When you promised FOR BETTER OR WORSE it was a serious promise, and that needs to be honored..at least by trying your damndest to make it work; that includes using doctors, therapists, family and friends and ministers/priests/gurus...whoever and whatever to make a go at working it out. Citing 'differences' makes a mockery of the whole thing. Marriage is no joke, and people are all sick and tired of seeing Hollywood lemmings make so little of what most of us strive to sustain; happy, healthy and functioning marriages that we respect.

megs

this is so pathetic!!! i'm sooo sick of every single hollywood couple getting DIVORCED!! i agree with "Mia" (most recent comment); marriage is A PROMISE OF FOREVER!!!! YOU DON'T JUST DO IT FOR THE HELL OF IT!! IF YOU SAY THOSE WORDS/VOWS, YOU HAVE TO MEAN IT!!! I DON'T THINK PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULD BE GRANTED A DIVORCE!!!!! YOU CHOSE TO GET MARRIED FOR LIFE, YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT WORK!! there shouldn't be a free pass every time you don't feel like putting in the effort to make the relationship work!! ughhhhhhh! grosssss

Joanne

I am sorry it didn't work out for them... And I don't even watch either "Gray's Anatomy"or "Private Practice." So sad, and right before the holidays, too..

lena

this seemed to be for show from the first. it was too fast and too perfect. not surprising and not exactly sad......

Overboard

Oh boo-hoo--poor her!
The actress is way over-rated anyways! Never cared for her-- What's so special!?
The show will be cancelled soon enough !! hahahaaaaa

DeepFreeze3

I guess this explains that new short hairdo she has?

jess

Guess his contract was up.

2084 days ago

Cali Kitty

Your comment was so well put there's nothing left to say but "Excatly!"

You stated everything I was thinking but couldn't articulate.

2084 days ago

Shiloh

That's horrible poor Kate! I always thought she finally found her happy ending... I hear someone is saying that she admitted to being relived and that she's glad it's over. I'm not sure if their talking about the marriage it self or just the nasty end part where the divorce stuff brings. I hope Kate makes it threw out alright though!!!