Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

Jean

I'm so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be at peace knowing she is in a better place than the rest of us here.

Trin C

It is tragic when anyone loses a family member how ever way the leave us. My thoughts and prayers go out to you Culkin family, may the Lord Bless and capture her Soul for it will forever be watched over. She is in the Greatest of hands.

Trin C

Kimmy

THE CULKIN FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS. WHAT A HORRIBLE TRAGEDY, ESPECIALLY AT THE HOLIDAYS. RIP DAKOTA.

**keeeeeeeeeeks "9. thats terrible...RIP....(has anyone been able to find a picture of her...shes m.i.a. on the web)

Posted at 11:17AM on Dec 11th 2008 by keeeeeeeeeeks

keeeeeeeeeeks - I found this website with a picture of all the Cilkin children. http://home.planet.nl/~krist149/culkintimes/culkin/nyct1.htm

DMLady

my condolences to the Culkin family and their friends. a horrible tragedy.

fog

sorry mac. you have my prayers for you both.

Fish

Roger C, you are an insensitive pos. This is a tragedy that is immeasurable for any family to deal with, no matter who it is. I certainly hope you never endure such an unbearable loss. Imagine the pain and anger you would experience if someone made this comment about your family.

You are mindless and juvenile if you think your comment makes you appear cool. You're unconscionable.

D

That's so sad! I hate to be a pessimist but who's going to be the 3rd sibling of a celeb that's going to die? Ruffalo, Culkin....
Right before the holidays too. My heart goes out to the families.

melissa

This is so sad, and Roger C. you are an idiot....but hey, it will come back on you one day....oh yeah, why don't they have a picture of the sister who died up here, instead that horrible picture of macauly? Thoughts and prayers to the family, so tragic.

Nicole

My thoughts go out to the Culkin family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thomas Madden

SAD STORY. OUR PRAYERS GO WITH THIS FAMILY DURING THIS VERY DIFFICULT PERIOD.

eiide

Its called not looking where your going!

JLNapier

My deepest sympathies go to Macaulay and his family along with my prayers
I know what it is like to lose a sibling in a very tragic way, 34 years ago i saw my younger brother get hit by a car outside our house Also whoever Roger C is that was very evil to say what you did i hope that karma will take care of you

lovemepghsteelers

this is really sad..my girls and i just watched home alone last night! The 1st one was on.
my heart & prayers to the Culkin family.

miss debbie

my thoughts and prayers are with the family. i know how it feels to lose a sibling. lost a brother and a sister when i was little. my brother was killed by a drunk driver when he was only 16. that was 40 years and i still miss him and my sister dearly. i gop to the cemeatary and still cry. again my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

kef

What's with the Celebrity Justice headline? It's not like he diserved to loose his sister to a tragic accident. Boo for you TMZ.