Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

Eddie

I went to school and was in teh same class with Dakota in New York. I lived about a half a block from the Culkin family. I wasn't friends with any of them but I do remember Dakota. It's weird to have known someone from your childhood and learn about their death on the internet. My condolences to the Culkin family.

Venita

Dear "not a dumbass":

Like I said before, are you sure???

Tic-Tok

This is a truly sad accident. It could happen to anyone (like those idiots Roger C and Jake D). Anyone who thinks it's funny when an innocent person dies in a tragic accident doesn't deserve the life they have, and certainly not those two. Roger C and Jake D are no better than any of the degenerates who roam the streets and kill innocent people just for pleasure. I NEVER wish harm to come to anyone; if they deserve it then they are dealt justice when it happens to them. Roger C and Jake D are two exceptions to my rule and I wish this accident had happened to them instead; they obviously deserve it.
My condolences go out to the Macaulay family.
Roger and Jake, rot in whatever hell you believe in, and on your way there I hope you suffer in ways that have never before been imagined.

atragon

Why should anyone believe anything TMZ says? Nothing they do is based on fact. They live for innuendo, suggestion, rumor and supposition. The best thing they can do is disappear.

double E

tragic, but

Nobody walks in LA!

-Missing Persons

Lena

My deepest sympathies to the Culkin family. I'm praying for them too ='(

Mad World

Jake D are you waiting for someone to tell you to pull the trigger? I want stoop that low call the mental institution and tell them you have serious problems and that you need some serious help.

This is a formal request to TMZ to remove all negative comments on this sad story. Including mine if you feel are necessary due to the nature that they contain about other negative posters. Thank you

Amazed

My most sincere and deepest sympathies go out to the family during this very difficult time. As a mother, I can't imagine losing either of my children and as a sister, I can't imagine losing any of my siblings either. May God walk with them during the days, weeks, months and years ahead, to help them deal with this very unfortunate tragedy. Bless you all.

Disabled by back deformaties in Tn Holly

#51 DIO's, I Cried when I read your posts. I know how you feel. I live in CONSTANT pain after a failed back surgery and live in extreme pain every single moment of every day. Somedays,MOST days I'm in sooo much pain I just want to end life, BUT THEN I have to think, I have four beautiful children that would have to live without a mommy. I wouldn't let them grow up having to always know their mommy killed herself. That would affect them forever and ever and I would NEVER want to hurt my children. I will pray that your pain lessens and Please believe that life is worth living even though we are in pain and disabled. There are people out there that care for you. You will have to forgive in your heart in order to go own and get better,the person who did this to you. Even if that person will NEVER serve time for his crime But know that He will have to answer a higher up some day. I hope and pray you get better and I understand your pain. I live in your shoes everyday with my spinal deformities and still have to raise four children,ages 5,11,14,15 . It breaks my heart not being able to play with them or EVEN PICK UP MY FIVE year old when she ASKs me ,MOMMY, why can't you pick me up and hold me and rock a by baby like you use too. I have to go and cry my eyes out without her seeing me after she asks me this,because If I were to try and pick her up ,I would be in excruciating pain afterwards. God bless us all that are in pain. Also,God bless the family here with their recent loss.

maryd44

What a tragedy for the family. My condolences to them in their time of loss.

Data

God Bless you. I know how it hurts to loose a sibling. I lost my brother 6 years agao and I still miss him. I was the last one to talk to him. He died of a heart attack. Life is short and we have to live it as it were our last and treat each other with respect and love. If someone is not healthy for you stay away from them and pray for them. Don't live with the quilt of fighting with someone them wish you had treated them better or said words of kindness while they were alive. I was lucky I told my brother all the time that I loved him. I used to work EMS and learned how quick life comes and goes. Be healthy for yourself and your loved ones. If they are unhealthy for you just let them know and explain you need to stay away until they get healthy. Good Luck and God Bless Everyone. Denise

Jan

My prayers for this family...terrible to loose a family memeber, but at the holidays makes it even harder. GOD give them strength at this time. Jan in Ga

MisNic

My thoughts and prayers are with the Kulkin family.

My 16 year old brother was killed after being struck by a car 4 months ago. It is very difficult to accept.

God bless you.

JJ

I wonder how Mac's @$$ is doing after Michael Jackson bandged his tight hole???

PJ

Death at any time is awful, and this one seems senseless on both parts. Death at any time of the year will be remembered by those close to the situation; however, death during the holiday season is the worst. God's blessings and peace be on all concerned in this tragedy.