Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

we miss you

This is soo terrible that this had to happen. Its just like the pain is never gonna stop. I cant even explain to you how much you are missed by me and my family. We all are going to miss you terribly. I know we didn't get to see you often, but you made my uncle so happy, and I can't explain what he is feeling right now. Hearing those words come out of his mouth, makes me wanna die. I feel so terrible for him, and for you family and who ever is this upset about this ,as me and my family are. You're in our prayers. We love, and miss you so much.. you are always in our hearts, and will NEVER be forgotten!

Pan

obviously roger C post was deleted wouldve liked to call him an a**hole also have respect for the dead people this means u too jake D u jerk. here's a family going thru a tough lose they dont need ur lousy comments. death is never funny. my thought and prayers go out to the culkin family. u have my deepest sympathies. I myself have had tragic deaths to deal with and as one who has lost people close all i can say is time will make it better but will never bring back the loss and we can do is try to become as whole again as possible. RIP Dakota.....

Impressive1s

If , when you are driving, you will notice, ONLY ABOUT 15% of PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THE ROAD ARE ACTUALLY ONLY DRIVING...SOME ARE putting on make up, reading, talking on the phone, have ear phones on, doing homework, playing with their kids in the back seat...I AM JUST SORRY IT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE WHO'S FAMILY HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO US!!! and the POLICE THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO GIVE TICKETS FOR 5 miles over the limit????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHEN WILL IT END?????????????????????????????????????????????

bonzobuff

What's the matter JakeD - were you picked on as a kid? ignored by the girls (or boys) get caught picking ur nose or wetting your pants? were your parents brother and sister? not only was your comment not funny but are you really stupid enough to think if you say it three times it will become funny? It's one thing to be crude, ignorant, tasteless and utterl!y lacking in compassion but your remark wasn't even funny! If anyone wants to know what's wrong with our country, why we're not the super power of intelligent people that we used to be - all they have to do is read your posts.

Danny

Things like this happen when, your street walking around Hollywood and Vine, high on black tar herion, meth, and crack, and give your Pimp AIDS instead of his monetary his cut.

Raystar

I do find it funny that people complain about someone making a joke about someone's death........then turn around and wish death on that person.......One is no better person than the other.........There is no Karma, no Wrath of God, neither exist..bad luck is just that......happenstance nothing more. She is not in a better place.....Dead seldom is better than living.

tbaby0818

So sorry of your family's loss. We have had three losses in our family this year alone. And i very well know about grief. We are still trying to deal with the losses in our family. I would like to send my deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Wee Scotty

Very sad, my prayers and heart go out to the parents and grandparents, I lost my 18year granddaughter recently,
you never get over it.It is a very difficult time to believe in the Lord but he will heal you if you ask him. God Bless

who has the facts? ME

Jake - Karma's a bitch. Now go crawl back into your hole with your crack pipe...
Some posts are fun to make jokes about, this is not one of them.

jim

How come I can't find this "Roger" cats comments. Everyone is down on him but I couldn't find them. Were they deleted?

weepingfortheworld

#66 DISABLED BY BACK DEFORMITIES IN TN HOLLY and #82 JEANNE Y, and ALL the people who've shared their own losses and suffering with us ...my heart goes out to all of you, if you need someone PLEASE EMAIL ME through e b a y (i mentioned my id in my other post #91) and again, i'm not selling on there, i just don't want to put my email address on here... THINKING OF YOU ALL...

Courtney

My thoughts, prayers, and Christmas hope and wishes go out to the entire Culkin family.
R.I.P. Dakota Culkin

drmayeda

to Jake D, D-man, Roger C and anyone else that thinks she deserves to die or that it's funny,
your comments show that you are insensitve morons. MAY YOU BURN IN H**L FOR AN ETERNITY, I hope there is a special place in h**ll for people like you and the papratzi chasing Princess Diana when she was killed. My deepest sypathies go out to the Caulkin family, NO ONE deserves to die in this manner. For those wondering why TMZ and others haven't posted a picture of Dakota, there may not be a photo to print. I checked her out on IMDB. they had no entry on her. According to IMDB she was a production assistant. these guys are rarely potographed.

Brandon in Mn

And the heading of this article is "Celebrity Justice"...really?

Whiskey

Thanks for the good memories at Christmas Mac. My family hopes yours only has the warmest memories of your sister as you come together over the holidays. You'll never really be home alone.