T-Boz Latest Victim of Dreaded F-Close

12/11/2008 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

T-Boz -- she's the T in TLC -- is about to lose a Georgia house after failing to pony up her mortgage payments.

We've learned a five-bedroom, nearly 10,000-sq. ft. house owned by T-Boz (real name: Tionne Watkins-Rolison) is about to go on the auction block in January 2009. According to public records, she's defaulted on the original principal of her mortgage (around $530K), and so now the state is taking it.

T-Boz wasn't immediately available for comment.

joe

w/e

CanadianBoy

She's just a scrub now hollering out the side of her best friend's ride cuz zhe got no dough...DOH!

shakia

I don't think its funny to see anyone lose their home.I do think its stupid for someone to buy a 10,000sf house they know they can't afford.Im sure she knew she did not have the means to afford to pay on a $530k. Her monthly payment had to be about $4000.If you're not bringing in about $100k you CAN'T AFFORD A HOUSE THIS BIG.Im sure her store "Chase Closet" was not pulling in this kind of income.If she had the store outside of the home she had to pay rent for the space.It can get VERY expensive.It cost alot of money to keep up on a house of that size. I don't know what she was thinking when she decided to buy it.Some people think they have to buy a house of this size to show they have money...In this case she did'nt have the money.After everything the group have gone through she should have known better.I remember her saying when the group went bankrupt her lights got turned off but she never was evicted because she PAID HER RENT IN FULL FOR A WHOLE YEAR.Now if she had sense to do that ..why not do the same with a AFFORDABLE mortgage.Some people have to learn the HARD way.

Jennifer Bouldack

Bwahhh - No, this is not my first time on TMZ. I've been here for a long time. Just because people made jerks of themselves before doesn't mean I have to tolerate it now or at any time.
There is nothing special about TMZ's board. Being an ass here is the same as being an ass anywhere else. You get no pass here from me. I didn't say I was outraged. Don't put words in my mouth or in my post.
You scold and snicker all you want. Just do it based on facts. The fact is, this chick didn't ask for your pity, so don't blast her about it. You want to blast her for losing her house - fine. That's the fact, she lost her house.
It's not that I dislike people who blast other people. I simply dislike idiots. You want to blast here - blast away. But if YOUR post is stupid, I will come back on you hard and fast. THAT'S WHAT I DO. Or is this YOUR first time on TMZ?

Jennifer Bouldack

Arizona, are you a total knucklehead?
My point here is not whether or not this girl gets publicity about this issue. Read my post again with your brain engaged.
My point is: T-Boz did not ask for this story to be written to get all you people to feel sorry for her. She didn't ask for this story to be written at all, so there's NO CHANCE that she was asking for your pity with it.
The point is STOP SAYING YOU CAN'T GIVE HER YOUR PITY AND SYMPATHY BECAUSE THE CHICK DIDN'T FREAKING ASK FOR YOUR PITY OR SYMPATHY so WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS IF YOU PITY HER OR NOT?
DO YOU PEOPLE GET IT?

Tom

I met T-Boz in 99 ans she was so sweet, doing a signing and stayed late even greeting her fans afterward. TLC made a huge impact on AIDS, Sex, and relationship, self expression, freedom! So yes, its her house, but I know I struggle now too making a good living, I have savings and with the way things are now, its still hard. My company is cutting back pay, and what do I do when I go on interviews and no one is hiring! It all comes down to our leaders and our people, We are selfish Americans who need a reality check! Thanks!

Nvestigator

Thats right Joan Short..these damn idiots are saying I cant feel sorring for her, shes stupid, she should of learned her lesson...AMERICA believes any DAMN thing in print..thats why the hell we get caught up in mess.. and these idiots want to start jumping off ships and running the entire football field befor they kno the fact...keep telling them Joan SHort ..they'll get it...and for the GOAT that saying obama will bail her out...get over it MY president is black..and go seek help for your post PAR DUMB election...LOL LOL

why?

I'm all broke up.

del

Where I live you're lucky to get a 3 bedroom fixer for 500K. Amazing that houses are that cheap in the South.

tony

First I would like to say my prayers go out to her and her family

Second remember the saying if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I am outraged to hear the venom being sent about this young ladys situation. Many people forget that this young lady suffers from sickle cell anemia google it I have a child that has the disease do a little research about it. That being said how many of you that have an affordable mortgage and lets say you go through a divorce and you come down with a debilating disease like cancer now that 1200 mortgage seems like 6000 see how easy a persons fortune can change keep this in mind when you hear about situation like this or other familys that go through financial hardships and for the record I am a college grad that mekes over 250K a year and I thank God daily for blessing me with health and the ability to work and earn a living the important thing I know that can be taken away from me at anytime

RumorControl

LMAO!!! OMG!!! You people believe anything huh?...Ok well to clear that up T-BOZ DID NOT LOSE HER HOUSE. Someone sitting at home, with no life always on the computer as YOU, made this up. Dis bitch is NOT broke. BELIEVE THAT. BiTCH iS PAiD. She doesnt do music anymore y? BECAUSE SHES PAID U DUMBASSES!!! Would u go to work if you didnt have too? NO!!! Think sometimes people sheesh! and stop believin everything u hear. SMH @. pitiful people

iamhere

just a note for you folks, according to gwinnett daily post dated dec 11th in the legal section page 69c that this particular property will be "sold at public outcry to the highest bidder" on the first Tuesday in Jan. check for yourself

savonta

T-Boz, who was once married to Mack 10, becomes the latest celeb to have her real estate problems put on public view. This isn't the house the singer lives in with her daughter though and she told ESSENCE.com that this property is one of many things put in her name without her knowledge during her marriage.

tanya

well, a few years ago she was offered a million dollars to have a reality show with mac10 and she refused I said she was stupid for not accepting the offer.... HELL what else has she done she's a fool and should have accepted the million and what ever offers comes her way.

Antonio

WOW. The comments on this story are incredible and woefully premature. Let all the facts of this story emerge before you judge, my goodness. We've all faced some financial hardship at some point in our lives, and unfortunately even those in the public eye are subject to the same struggles. I will pray for her, just like the millions of Americans facing foreclosure right now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments