Brit: Konnichiwha the Hell is Going On Here?!

12/15/2008 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There has never been a person more obviously confused and bewildered than Britney Spears on a Japanese TV show this weekend. It's both awkward and entertaining -- much like everything else she does.
Britney Spears: Click to watch

Dr. Adams

The Japanese know how stupid Britney is…they know she cant pour piss out of a boot if the directions were written on the side…..lets face it …we all know that she isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed

Dr. Adams

current batch of losers ...zmt, billy bo baggens, fibiker, mouse trap

Jbo

She probably went backstage and cried b/c she thought people were laughing at her. God forbid someone made eye contact or touched this ugly bitch!

TT

What goes around will come around, Harvey

57. This is not funny. Japanese is one of the hardest languages to learn. I should know because I live in Japan with my family and I take lessons. It is overwhelming when you are in a crowd and are trying to keep up with the conversation. You try being in the spotlight with other people talking in a different language. All and all, Japanese are a very polite people that wouldn't disgrace someone in public. I cannot say that the hosts of this show weren't doing that, but it is always possible as things change with the younger generations. This is not news, this is TMZ's way of keeping the "dumb" Britney in the spotlight when they wouldn't have faired as well either. I know I don't. It is intimidating and awkward. Can you just leave her alone for once. Save it for the panty shots.

Posted at 3:53PM on Dec 15th 2008 by American in Japan
____________________________

I want those panty shots! Gimme more!

Dr. Adams

buy her concert tickets.....my bad

Dr. Adams

Hahhhh so, we Japanese people so "rucky" to get brit-brit on stage.....

Elizabeth Tucker

Where was her agent? That circus attraction should never have taken place without a warning. She was ambushed I think, and I do think they were making fun of her. I'm not even a Britney fan, but she should have had better information.

Party 'till you die!

I don't think it would take much of anything to make her look foolish
and mentally vacant. And to those who wish they all spoke English and
only English...um.....they are in JAPAN and already had a translator.
Do you really expect the other commentators to do their show in
English? If a Japanese person were interviewed on a comedy show here,
would you expect everyone on the show to speak Japanese? If her
handlers are too greedy or stupid to get her interviews where she's
not a target, that's their fault!

Dr. Adams

Interview with Brit-whit....Interviewer: Britney, do you have any plans while visiting Japan, maybe seeing our beautiful city, country side, our museums, learning of our culture?
Britney: I’m jus goin do some shoppin, yall !!!

Dr. Adams

Then, i guess the answer is....she needs new handlers, people that know what they are doing.

my 3 cents

WHITE TRASH THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO IS WHITE TRASH AND PROUD OF IT.WHITE TRASH THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO IS WHITE TRASH AND PROUD OF IT.WHITE TRASH THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO IS WHITE TRASH AND PROUD OF IT.WHITE TRASH THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO IS WHITE TRASH AND PROUD OF IT.

Alex

My understanding of Japanese is limited, and the audio is horrible, but in the beginning of the video they seem to be talking about hot springs and saunas (the Womanizer video?) and then they (somehow) move on to the exchange rate between the Yen and the Dollar, which is not favorable to Americans right now. I think the interpreter asked her where she wanted to go (as in places) while she was in Japan, and Britney misinterpreted the question, responding "shopping". One of the hosts repeated a comment about the exchange rate being terrible right now, and everybody started laughing. At the end of the interview, I think she exited the stage the wrong way, resulting in more laughter.

What goes around will come around, Harvey

52. buy her concert tickets.....my bad

Posted at 4:06PM on Dec 15th 2008 by by
++++

Huh? How does this relate to your previous post?

Oats

TMZ - ummm - like you are ANY of us would have done any better?!?! Good grief - can't you be ANYTHING less than nasty and hateful?????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments