Queen E Has to Use Her Own Sloppy Seconds

12/16/2008 5:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah isn't the only Queen who's having to cut back.

Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly put the pinch on her spending, asking the staff to turn off the lights in the 78 rooms in Buckingham Palace she doesn't use and -- oh dear -- reuse fabric from over 20 years ago. She's even asking the staff to "reuse leftovers from banquets," says the New York Post.

Unclear if the Duke of Edinburgh is still feeding his dogs Angus steak.

headline blues

Tough times for Cruel Britannia.

Bradblowsgeorge

The question I would ask is "Who is being served the leftovers?" The homeless, Parliment, or visiting country figureheads? Now that is funny, and I love it. Give em all salmonella, and let them crap their british brains out. No wonder Madonna is moving back to New York!

silentxplanet

#2

yes because americans clearly eat better.

kraft dinner and fried chicken, anyone?

hot snot

What is wrong with eating leftovers? As long as it's not hot mayo..or some sort of fish product that goes bad quickly, then i don't see the harm. EXCELLENT way to conserve money...it's nice to see SOME of the people in charge taking action and not excluding themselves. more than i can say for the greedy corrupt politicians in our country.

Bradblowsgeorge

#3.......Americans clearly do eat better, and we are better at it. Yeah 1776, we are free of the royals and their leftovers. My question for the queens' saving the banquet leftovers...who is she feeding it to? I can double dawg dare you that SHE is not eating them. Maybe the corgie's......no.......they are fed way better than most of the homeless in the UK, who don't even get kraft macaroni or hot dogs. I don't give her any kudos for saving the leftovers, why doesn't she give the common folk their hard earned tax dollars back, and sell the crown jewels. The windsors are a waste, and long overdue for an outsing.

Bradblowsgeorge

now if i could just spell ousting properly and eat my kraft macaroni i might make some sense.

northern gypsy

don't get me started about the queen...let's just say she's making some effort to show the common folk she can relate to these diffcult times !!!

DEEZNYOMOUF

THE QUEEN ELIZABETH [ELIZARDBETH] IS THE MOST WEALTHIEST HOE IN THE WORLD! DONT LET THIS REPTILIAN FOOL YOU! DAMN SHEEPS!

MFK

I wonder what leftovers the staff can re use, since some have been left out for a while. And how they are supposed to reuse them. The lights being off I can understand. Hopefully her cut back plans will work out.

Dacks_Tripper

Seeing the complete disrespect that some of you are showing to another country's monarch is disgusting and just proves ignorance.

Bradblowsgeorge

Oh yeah, she can relate to difficult times..............NOT........cept for maybe the time when her son charles almost got caught giving the okay to whack Dianna and Dodi...................

northern gypsy

hey #9 bradblowgeorge
stop...i'm still laughing...now...now...lets show some x-mas cheer !!! save the truth for next year...

Bradblowsgeorge

Disrespect for a country's monarch. Are you serious? And as for the ignorance remark, well look it up in the dictionary, cuz, I would say in today's world a monarch is a joke. The money they get from the common folk allows them all kinds of rare priceless paintings, jewels, and the ability to have leftovers, which most of those in that country barely have. But it is true, I would never respect or bow down to this dame, or any of her offspring. They are a blight on the UK, I just wish I had a 24K gold coach to ride around in.............oohlaalaa, I would be the Queen of the Castle.........White Castle!

Bradblowsgeorge

Oh yeah, I meant to say, in today's world, a monarch is ignorant!!!!!, but also a joke!

VioletteUK

3. #2

yes because americans clearly eat better.

kraft dinner and fried chicken, anyone?

Posted at 11:19AM on Dec 16th 2008 by silentxplanet