McDonald's Managers Not Lovin' It

12/22/2008 1:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A bunch of McDonald's employees have filed a lawsuit claiming they got food poisoning at Lawry's -- a swanky prime rib joint in Vegas -- during their annual "Managers Dinner" there.

According to court papers, 29 of the 54 people at the dinner got sick and sustained "injuries to their nervous system and physical person." In all fairness, it was probably the first time any of them had rib without "Mc" in front of it.

A rep for the restaurant tells us, "First and foremost, the health and safety of our guests & employees are of the utmost importance. We had outside experts conduct thorough investigations and found no evidence of plaintiffs' claims."

Walter

A friend and I got sick at Morton's. As compensation, they offered us more food. I guess that they really wanted to make sure that we were dead.

Keyser Soze

To Walter that is hilarious. To this story: what goes around comes around. McDonald's is one of the most disgusting places to eat in my opinion. Everything they have there is terrible for your health.

Cornflakes

It's a word called "karma." If people could sue McDonald's for getting sick after eating there, McDonald's would have gone bankrupt years ago.

Not that I wish illness on anyone...but it's pretty obvious that the universe has its checks and balances.

Keyser Soze

SUCK IT CORNFLAKES.

Keyser Soze

I know what KARMA is jackass.

roxy

ooooh... to bite into a mcrib just one more time... its the stuff dreams are made out of!

g-dawg

PERHAPS IF McDEADCOW'S WOULD PAY BETTER WAGES THEIR EMPLOYEES WOULDNT HAVE TO MAKE UP FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS TO GET MONEY!!!!!

butterlegs

Dumb comment #7

Perhaps they should find better jobs if they want better wages. DUH.

Justin is Calling

Its time to shut down all these vicious personal injury lawyers like John Edwards that are bankrupting good businesses.

Ever wonder why you pay so much for health insurance? Crooks like John Edwards are the reason why.

jodubs1

I worked at Walt disney world from 2003-2004 when McDonalds had a huge convention in orlando. I worked at a fine dining restaurant and all these big wigs came in to eat. there was one guy that i helped bring his dinner (steak) and right after i placed it down he grabbed me and said "i told the waiter rare, extremely rare and this is not it..they asked me black & blue (term for very rare) and i said more rare". I brought it back and the server brought another out to this guy (heavy set) and he sent it back again!!!!...i saw the steak and it was borderline straight out of the cooler....the chef spoke to the man and came to an agreement.....this steak was GROSS!!!! i heard the guy finished it in 2 minutes

The next best thing was the CEO at the time came into eat dinner and then he was found dead in his room the next day....the server said he was sick and not eating at all

wasted days and wasted nights

Think inside the bun, people, sounds like all y'all got a little too fancy for your tastebuds.

To see or not to see

Why didn't the other 25 managers get sick?

Patrick Joseph

I live in Las Vegas and I get sick quite often when eating out especially when eating at casino's buffets..., too many people from all around the world come here and brings their germs with them spreading crap all around.

kristy

meat is bad for you. go veggie!!!

saladspinner

I work for Lawrys in Las Vegas and I can say that we take sanitation and health issues very serious. We have multiple safety meetings every year about this very thing and are constantly bombarded with reminders about cleanliness and food safety and hand washing. I am shocked at hearing this story. I have not known anyone to get sick from our food. Where else did they eat while they were in vegas? It doesnt show up right away sometimes. They couldve gotten it from anywhere. I can tell you that from the time I was little every time I asked for a mc Rib and ate it, I would get really sick and throw up after. I stopped eating them finally when I connected the dots.. they are one to talk!!