You Can Bank on Britney

12/22/2008 9:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The bank of Britney Spears has just opened its vault -- again.

The judge in the conservatorship case has just ruled Jamie, Brit's dad, can get thousands of extra $$$ for the work he's been doing for his daughter. Jamie was getting $10,000 a month for his fee as the conservator of Brit's estate.

Today the judge adjusted that amount for the entire year to $16,125 a month, to reflect all the additional work Jamie did -- which includes planning her tour for next year.

The judge also gave the green light for Jamie to get office space -- Brit will pay $1,200 a month for that.

And there's more. Brit's bro, Bryan Spears, will receive $200,000 for services he rendered prior to the time the conservatorship was established.

And the lawyers ... the bills for all of them are approaching a cool $1 million.

Who says times are tough?

rizo

Must be nice. I'm a conservator for my mother cause she received a severe brain injury and I don't get squat. I do it cause I love my mother. What a joke of a family. If he loved his daughter he wouldn't need that much money.

2094 days ago

Arizona

#31 - "Why should he be idolized for being paid to be "HER FATHER" ? *rolls eyes* "

I didn't say "idolized." The word I used is "recognized," which implies simply giving credit where credit it due. And the key point is that Jamie Spears does not seek to be "idolized," unlike many other celebrity parents who do.

As for the payment -- there's not one person on this website who has a clue what expenses are associated with being a conservator of a $150M+ estate. There's not one person on this website who knows the breadth or depth of the business operations, and the extent of direct management that's required at this point to keep it all together while simultaneously trying to get her back together emotionally and professionally.

Spare the "*rolls eyes*" ... it betrays your immaturity.

2094 days ago

shannon lee

I think it is truly sad how a father would profit off his daughter's troubles. He should want to help her because he is her father. What source of income does he have on his own.

2094 days ago

rizo

That's still a crock. I'm sorry but I am a conservator for my mom. It doesn't matter how much money is in the estate it is a ton of responsibility. I still would not ask for a penny because it's for my mom and I love her. I would lose everthing I own to keep her going and keep her money for her, not spend it on paying me

2094 days ago

zippy

poor kid is getting screwed over by her dad her brother and her whole damn family, aint right, feel sorry for her, her dad will bleed her dry and move on he is a thief

2094 days ago

Ginger Jean

GINGER JEAN NEEDS A JOB MR. JAIME. 434-239-4389

2094 days ago

Proud American

Some of you are so stupid. Her dad gave up his business to take care of Britney and all of her many issues. He's kept detailed records of accounting, so she knows exactly were her money is going. He's gotten her life back on track, and for doing all of this, he deserves NOTHING? When her mother was managing her affairs, everything went to Hell. Its clear that her father really is looking out for her best interests. I'm sure he would rather be continueing his own line of work, but his daughter NEEDED him. And like a good parent, he's there. He should be commended. How many parents of celebrities give an open accounting of the money they touch, that belongs to their children? Did her mother do that? NO! She was content spending the girls money, and watching her slowly destroy her life and her childrens lives. Jamie is a real parent, he made it clear that his daughter means more than money. By the way, I don't hear Britney complaining.

2094 days ago

Ginger Jean

Mr. Jaime my Mom wanted me to ask for a job from you and Ms. Lynn and prays hard for me to get a job right now. She feels I need a break from Lynchburg, Virginia.
GINGER JEAN 434-239-4389

2094 days ago

rojen

She sure has been doing well lately. She looks very healthy, even though she says she's sad. I'd pay my dad to pull my ass out of the gutter...it's doing that girl good!

2093 days ago

Michelle

Her own family using her the way they are is SICK. All they care about is money. I would rather quit my job than support them freeloaders. When is mom and little sis gonna get in on the action. Everybody else is. No wonder she has mental problems. She has to pay for them to love her. What a bunch of SICKOS.

2093 days ago

kbabe

Stupid hick is being bled dry. She is so NOT READY to be thrust back into the spotlight but her family is used to the lifestyle they have enjoyed pre 5150. You can take the hick out of the trailer park...........Anyways, I am sure this story will come full circle in just a matter of time.

2093 days ago

NOT HOT

some of the guys at my work make that much money a year and they don't do as much as brit's dad (trust me)...

2093 days ago

mary

As a child Brit worked to support the family while her father drank his business into the ground. As far as I know he was working as a cook when he had the good fortune to take over Brit's care. Any father who puts his daughter on a video butt naked is a sick pig.

2093 days ago

Mariah

#4 charliesmom:

I was about to go on a rant about how wrong it is but I think you have a great point. I bet that Sam Lufti guy alone made off with millions they will never even know about. And that weird publicity whore cousin of hers, too....A lot of managers in L.A. probably make more than that so she could be getting off easy at 15k a month.

2093 days ago

Jordan Mykal

Ok, to you idiots who keep saying "He's her manager"....No, he isn't. He's her father. He's her CONSERVATOR. Meaning he handles her financial and business affairs as SHE would normally. Larry Rudolph is her manager. Her Manager is the one who talks to everyone, handles her pay, and her appearances.

2093 days ago