DJ AM Sues Over Plane Crash

12/24/2008 3:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The other shoe has dropped. DJ AM has just filed suit in the jet crash last September that killed four people.

In the lawsuit filed this afternoon in L.A. County Superior Court, Adam Goldstein, aka DJ AM, claims as the jet reached takeoff speed the pilots became aware one or more of the tires had blown. The suit contends, "Rather than proceed to takeoff, they decided to abort and/or reject the takeoff in a negligent manner." The plane overshot the runway and burst into flames.

DJ AM is suing the estates of the two pilots, Sarah Lemmon and James Bland, both of whom were killed in the crash. He's also suing Clay Lacy Aviation, Global Exec Aviation, Inter Travel & Services Inc, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co, and Learjet.

DJ AM is suing for pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damage, past and future medical and health-related expenses, and punitive damages.

Travis Barker has already filed a similar suit.

We asked AM about the lawsuit last night, he was mum.

DJ AM: Click to view!

steve

First, suing the pilots estates will be very difficult. The lawyers will go after any life insurance policies but I am sure lawyers for those families will file injunctions , to protect their assests. These guys can't make desicions on their own, they let their lawyers do the dirty work. If they had any compassion for the families of those pilots families, they would not sue. More then likely the other lawsuits will be settled out of court.

People get greedy and these guys are doing just that ! They are damn lucky to be alive !!!

jdrummys

After hearing this, I feel these two rich clowns didn't burn enough! How dare they...As if the pilots wanted to die!

Jeff

Adam Goldstein,You and your lawyers truly disgust me.

Kitty

Okay, seriously? Damn I feel bad that he was hurt. I feel bad that he was in a horrible accident that took the life of his friends. But going after the pilots whose job was to fly his ass home. who had no control over the blown tire, is just wrong. It was not the pilots fault. This is the most dumbest lawsuits of 2008. What were the pilots going to do when theres a blown tire? Jump out and patch it up again? The moment that happened, they were scared S-less like he was. The only difference is that the pilots died and he (adam) lived. Somebody needs to tell him and travis barker that the PILOTS DID NOTHING WRONG!! If they want to sue somebody, go after the company that owns the plane. Sue them for negligence; for failing to fully inspect their planes. The family lost their loved ones too. Its not like they were not hurting. This family will never move on with these two idiots throwing lawsuits at them. These guys are unbelieveable. They make me sick!!!!

tmzfan

What a douche bag punk this guys is.

Real Stats!!!

As a Pilot,
You have two choices here.

The ONLY thing that might have saved their butts was the Dumping of Fuel.
That is a text-book maneuver after a "problem" take off.
There is a point of No Return during take-off.

You either go or don't,its usually about at 130 MPH(which in most cases is about 7 to 11 seconds after full throttle)
After that time My ass is always Airborne.

Most takeoff speeds are between 150 and 225 MPH(225 was for the Concorde)
That small LJ was probably at about 140 to 160.

LAHAMMER

LET'S SEE INSTEAD OF ABORTING THE TAKE OFF, LET'S TAKE OFF FLY AROUND TILL THE TIRES GROW BACK,OR THE GET A AIR RESCUE TEAM TO CHANGE THEM IN-FLIGHT. OR THEY COULD FLY TO COLORADO AND LAND DOWN ONE THE SLOPES AT VAIL.
OR YOU AND YOUR DUMBASS DJ F-GGO-T FRIEND CAN WAKE UP. IF I WERE A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE PILOTS YOU'D BE GETTIN JUCKED UP!!!!!!!! PONCHO

lilmom

Has anyone ever heard of the word accident? This friggin country is sue happy.I am sure that the pilots wanted to meet their demise in this ACCIDENT!!! People just looking for free money.

Only swim in the Ocean

With blown tires, the pilots had to chose- don't go airborne and try to avoid a crash on the ground where they were, or, go airborne and crash land somewhere else. DJ AM should be thankful he's alive. He was going to crash somewhere. Shame on the Lawyer who filed this case.

sushi

Money.grubbing.whores.

Whatever happened to an accident just being an accident and not a paycheck? And loss of earnings? This guy is a DJ famous only for who he dates. Who the EFF cares.

Cricket

I can't believe this...I can maybe understand suing for pain & suffering and lost wages but the fact that DJ AM is suing the estates of the pilot's shows me he is selfish and greedy and my opinion of him has drastically changed for the worse. The pilot's made a split second decision that didn't turn out well but they died for it...not him. How does he think they would have landed sucessfully without that tire...he may not have been so lucky at landing.

ginkies

This is a complete shame, "lost wages" get real your a DJ and your rich to begin with. I understand being angry/hurt by the pilots errors in judgement, but they are dead...DEAD!! I think that's case closed. I personally think they should not sue at all and should feel ashamed for even filing, but if they really feel the need then sue the airlines who employ the people, not go after family assests. I mean seriuosly, do ya think they crashed and killed themselves on purpose? Stop being such douchebags...BOTH OF YOU!!!

toodlz

i am all for justice...but how tacky to sue the estates of the deceased...do those pilots not have families??? and dj am, probably has more money, than the two surviving families put together...

Rob

I think it's rediculous that they are suing the estates of the pilots who passed away. It's not like the pilots didn't do what they thought was best. I'm sure that they wanted to be killed. DJ AM and Travis Barker should be happy they're alive. They both have MORE than enough money to live and they got it by basically doing nothing. They are going to put the families of these pilots through hell while they are trying to move on. I hope they lose and the families of the pilots sue them. This really pisses me off!

PHE

Im not a "law expert" but why dont they go after the tire company or airline for faulty mantanence and tires?