It's Silly, But I Believe ...

12/25/2008 2:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Maureen O'Hara is still alive and kicking at 88.

Launch photos
She is the only credited cast member of "Miracle on 34th Street" who is still alive.

Maureen did many of her own stunts in her films.

Melissa

I just love her. She still is a classic beauty.

double E

she looks beauuutiful!

arte help

Classy lady...

steve

Beautiful !,,She looks fantastic !,,,,,A classic, xmas movie that is still ejoyed by many people to this day !! God Bless her !

sean

To me she will always be Mary Kate Danaher - the female lead in the greatest movie of all time: The Quiet Man starring John Wayne, Maureen, Victor McLaglen, Barry Fitzgerald and Ward Bond.

Gwen

She was one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood and is still a magnificent beauty at 88. A wonderful example of a woman aging with grace AND beauty. If she's had any cosmetic surgery done, it's not obvious.

lisa lisa

SHE STARRED IN ALL THE *TARZAN* MOVIES WITH
JOHNNY WEISMULLER IN THE 1930'S AND 1940'S.

ISN'T SHE MIA FARROW'S MOTHER??? I THINK SO . . .

Grace

You are thinking of Maureen O'sullivan--different Maureen. Maureen O'Hara did not star in the Tarzan movies and is not Mia Farrow's Mom.

PolarBear

Such a beauty and such a great character and acting talent. When her scenes with John Wayne were on, she stole the show, which is tough to do against old Iron Britches. She must have alien DNA - she lasts forever!

Gail

Thanks for the recent photo of the still beautiful Maureen O'Hara. I remember her in "The Quiet Man" and also as the mom in "Miracle on 34th Street". She had the fiery red hair and had a dignified way about her. Glad to hear she is still around.

ValoHalo

She is an original. I agree with the 4th poster, she will always be remember for The Quiet Man.

sparkys nemesis

Maureen O'Sullivan was Mia's mom, not Maureen O'Hara. O'Hara looks great but how old is that photo? Not this year's, I'll bet.

irishguy

Margaret O'Brien is also still alive.

Sloane

always love what she does-fiery strong beautiful woman!

loved her in the movie where she played John Candy's tough Irish mom-bittersweet movie
forgot the name of it - but he played a cop who fell in love with the cosmetologist from the funeral home
Anthony Quinn was the neighbour who was in love with the mom and her character had a habit of "just telling it like it is"

some of you maybe remember it

Illinois person

I wonder if the Academy has ever given her an honorary Oscar? If not, they better hurry up she should have gotten one years ago. Miracle on 34th and The Parent Trap were some of her best. Also, The Christmas Box was great too but this year I did see it on tv that I was aware of.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments