Goonies Never Die

12/27/2008 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 38-year-old showed up at a Broadway premiere a little while back, looking lucid.

Was conceived while her unmarried parents Keith Carradine and Shelley Plimpton were performing together in the Broadway production of "Hair" in 1970.

Became a vegetarian as a teen after late boyfriend, River Phoenix, introduced her to the lifestyle.

COMMENTS

THE SOURCE

I remeber in the Movie 200 Cigarettes nice actress!!!!

Mariah

Looking lucid?? Who comes up with this? She was never the most attractive girl in the world therefore not likely to be a huge star but she has always seemed nice and unassuming. She leads a quiet life and has worked steadily over the years. She was in a good Law and Order episode a couple years ago, too.

writergal

"was never the most attractive and therefore won't be a huge star"???????? stupid comment

betcha hollywood knows who she is....i'd say that's big.

Mariah

That's what I just said. She has worked steadily (perhaps you missed that part). I was not trying to dump on her looks, in fact, I was trying to beat some of the snarky posters to the punch, by stating the obvious. She IS not all that glamorous or a real knock out. She has an every day look about her that will enable her to work for decades. Unlike Jolie and Aniston, Alba or Megan Fox, et al. Touchy.

Mags

What are you talking about Salem? She was a Calvin Klein model in the 80ies. Not everyone thinks looking like a Barbie-doll is something to strive for. Besides, it does not automatically mean talent and gives you work you can be proud of. Point in case: Jessica Simpson

Me

Oh brilliant TMZ staff, famous for bad writing and no proofreading, did someone take away your pronouns today?

Jezzy

Brilliant Actress. Always gives her best! Loved her in Pecker. LOL

amber

i agree with salem wholeheartedly. martha is a talented actress... but would/will never be the big hollywood princess due to her looks. i think she's lucky that way. she has steadily worked and doesn't have to worry about the industry turning it's back on her (how have you been, cameron?).

on another note... salem... are you male or female? i'm interested because i named my daughter salem; she's 7 months old. you are the first salem i've encounter while on the web.

pie

Martha plimpton talked to Esquire magazine about River Phoenix. “They brought him up to believe he was a pure soul who had a message to deliver about the world. But in moving around all the time, changing schools, keeping to themselves and distrusting America, they created this utopian bubble so that River was never socialized. He was never prepared for dealing with crowds and with Hollywood.

I think Martha doesn’t trust Hollywood after River Phoenix over-dosed on drugs. Blame it on Hollywood.

Ambarbituate – Instead of playing a Hollywood princess, she would be happy playing a Hollywood villan. - Martha Plimpton friend “Stevie” for Lili Taylor in the film “I shot Andy Warhol.”

Oh Fer Sure

I've always liked Martha's witty and sarcastic performances. She was great in Beautiful Girls. I love the part when she gets the "brown" diamond. I think the problem is Hollywood hates intelligent actresses.

Fame Game

I added her on myspace, she's actually really nice and down to earth.

thats right

what a great actress but what a horrible horrible name

Neon

She is really great. Now I am going to have to rent all her movies and watch them all over again.

U Go Girl!!!

I have allways loved her! I think she's a terrific actress & cute as hell!!! She was amazing in films like "Running on Empty", "Beautiful Girls" & "Parenthood"..........I totally wish she'd make some more films!

Ramond

her Best work was in Stanley and Iris........but LOOK HOW FAT SHE IS !!!!!!!!!!! UHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments