"Puff's" Daddy -- "Magic Negro" Shocking

12/29/2008 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the hippie trippers who created "Puff the Magic Dragon" is not so mellow with "Barack the Magic Negro," the Barack Obama-related spoof of his song.

In a distinctly un-free-loving screed on Huffington Post, Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary says "Magic Negro" is "not only offensive, it is shocking and saddening in the extreme." He adds the song "insults the office of the Presidency" and takes a kids' song and twists it into a "vulgar, mean-spirited ... slur."

Chip Saltzman, a GOP bigshot who's being considered for the top post at the Republican National Committee, sent out the song to committee members.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

mel-d

i'm proud to be a cracker!

2031 days ago

Truth

IvyLeague -- you crack me up. Thanks for the smiles in a post that had little wit without you.

2030 days ago

jenna

It amazes me how uninformed folks are. I really get so tired of the democrats pulling out the ‘race card’ … It has been used by them so much, especially during election cycles, that its “dog-eared” corners have fallen off and you can easily see it coming in the political deck before it’s even played.

When I hear “Jim Crowe” and “Segregated South” and “Against Civil Rights” I shake my head, knowing full-well … DEMOCRATS were firmly behind all of the above. But this is a history the democrats not only try to conceal from the voting public (who are too lazy to find these facts out themselves … so it IS so easily used), but try hard to pass it all off as the sins of the GOP’s ‘dirty’ historical past …

Slavery.Jim Crowe,KKK ALL DEMOCRAT. Read up on history and see what lies DEMOCRATS give black folks knowing only a small percent will research. Many people would rather just believe the lies fed to them then get real knowledge.

Look at this link if you can handle the truth!

2030 days ago

The Radio Star was killed by Reality Shows and everything else!!

Barack the magic jack off will mess up dc period; it’s true anyone that has anything to say against that jack off obama is called a raciest. Stop crying it’s a dam song and a funny one to boot.

2030 days ago

colbys woman

I think it's awesome! How come you liberals didn't get this ticked off when Michael Moore was making films attacking President Bush and SNL made fun of Pres Bush! If bo can't stand the heat, get the hell out of DC!

2029 days ago

Truth

I don't think folks would complain if the Republicans were criticizing his actions. They're not, they're criticizing his race which is racist. Duh.

2029 days ago

post_natsee

Y'all do realize that he is HALF WHITE?!?!?!?!?!?!

2029 days ago

LA2NYC

I first heard this song played months ago on Rush Limbaugh (why the radio was tuned to that station-I have no idea) but I was stunned then that noone called Limbaugh on it and the fact that he giggled like the racist maniac he is while the song played.
I'm glad this song hit the light of day--sponsers of Limbaugh need to take a second look on what they fund. And God help us, he (Limbaugh) has a brand new expensive contract.
SHAME!