Jamie Lynn Decoy Pissed -- May Sue Los Angeles

12/31/2008 3:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the L.A. Airport Police and the City of Los Angeles may end up getting sued over a bungled attempt to protect Britney Spears' sister, Jamie Lynn.

Vernon says as the eight officers escorted his client, she took her sunglasses off but they told her to put them back on. As they reached the bottom of the escalator, she was suddenly and unwittingly besieged by paparazzi.

Jamie Lynn was able to beat a hasty retreat from the airport, undetected by the media.

Vernon says Eskridge has filed a claim for money with the City of L.A., a prelude to filing a lawsuit. Vernon says a City rep from Risk Management contacted him yesterday. Vernon vows, if the claim is rejected, Eskridge will file a lawsuit claiming false arrest and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Deirdre

She could have said no, she could have refused, she could have asked why am I doing this. She knew exactly what was going on! This poor country of ours has gottin so money hungrey in the past few decades it is terrible and shamefull.
I'm willing to bet this "lawyer" of hers is what is commenly known as an ambulance chaser and acatually contacted her saying "You know, you could sue for this" and she thought "Ohh... FREE MONEY THAT I DON'T HAVE TO EARN!!!"

Spellmaster

The United States smugly says it doesn't have 'royalty', yet continues to treat hyped-up trailer trash better than most European states treat their old-style royalty. I agree with the other commenter who said they should pay for their own security and decoys, or travel to private airports.

Beth

Hello! If she really was so distressed, then why didn't she hold her head up and say that she was not Jamie Lynn as soon as the paps started calling her that? She did not say a word and held her head down the whole time, which tells me that she knew what was going on the whole time, and she probably got paid for it!

.....

Why would jaime lynn need so much so much protection anyway? Oh! That's right! She a talented superstar just like her big sis! All the britards of the world need to be put on serious medication before they do any real damage.

LoSeR

It's in the story that she didn't even know why they were doing this. Face it, the Cops in this country are a bunch of over-paid, corrupt MORONS! She was used to protect some lame and worthless celebrity. This girl was deceived and used and she should sue them and win. I mean the nerve of the cops TELLING her "you're going to help us with something." OUTRAGEOUS!!

LoSeR

To the idiots who obviously cannot read, here are the key points:

"Last September 11, when Jamie Lynn flew to Los Angeles, LAX cops tried to divert the paparazzi by using a decoy whom they escorted to baggage claim. The impromptu decoy -- Adessa Eskridge -- happened to be on the same plane as Jamie Lynn.

Eskridge's lawyer, Chuck Vernon, tells us one of the cops told Eskridge as she got off the plane, "You're going to help us with something." He says it was almost as if she was taken into custody. Vernon says cops told Eskridge to walk with them as they made their way to baggage claim."

^^ Pretty clear that she was used and most likely not even told what was going on. Can the LAPD be any more f'ing stupid? Ignorant Pigs.

for now

Yes, The pigs were stupid.
No harm was done,
She should be paid.
Is everyone happy?

brazen weep

She's 100% right, and deserves every penny she asks for. Hopefully that will teach the LAPD a lesson so this doesn't happen again. I hope she sues Jamie Lynn too.

spearit

I agree with Kat. I am glad I don't live in LA. No wonder there is crime there, 8 cops to decoy for some dumb celeb. Tax dollars not at work is what the title should be. She should get a lot of money for this stupidity.

Octowelfaremom

This DOES NOT justify a lawsuit. I pay taxes in Southern California and am sick of having to pay my hard earned monies on frivilous lawsuits filed by ambulance chasing attorneys and their money hungry clients. Even if this woman was FORCED to 'perform' (though I highly doubt this), she wasn't physically harmed for life and if she was mentally harmed for life, her problems go way beyond 30 or less minutes of walking through an airport and being 'swarmed' by paps. This was no more than 30 minutes and the fact it's being filed in Superior Court means they are suing for at least 25,000.00 (AT LEAST MEANING NOBODY WOULD BE SURPRISED IF THEY ARE ASKING FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS maybe EVEN MILLIONS). I would much rather see tax dollars going towards helping homeless people, people losing their jobs, homes, etc., because of the horrible economy.

Jasmin

She should sue them! I agree with #4 Tiny. If someone needs a police escort for protection of any kind, why put an innocent person at risk without them even knowing about it, or AGREEING to it?? I hope she sues and gets an apology as well.

Pistol

They screwed up by treating her as an object. Pay up.

Addie

I don't believe the police "demanded" she become a decoy. I believe she is just the next person who wants her 15 min of fame and because we allow frivilous lawsuits, she is taking advantage of it!

2030 days ago

Addie

I agree with ohplease. And while I am not a fan of the LAPD (six months ago I received a citation at LAX for something I didn't do and had to go to court over it - I won) however, I am sick of paying taxes for these stupid and frivilous lawsuits. But our court system is stupid for allowing it! This girl is just taking advantage of a horrible system.

2030 days ago

Allie

You sure can tell we're in an economic downturn!

2030 days ago