Cruise Nailed Over Hitler's Ball

1/2/2009 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As if "Valkyrie" weren't crap enough on its own, Tom Cruise is in trouble for allegedly using a replica of Hitler's favorite globe in the movie.

Robert Pritikin, an SF ad exec, tells the New York Post he owns the globe Hitler used to plan U-boat attacks, among other things, and was shocked to see a replica of it in Cruise's movie. Pritikin claims he owns the copyright to the globe's likeness so it couldn't be co-opted by neo-Nazi groups.

Lawyers for Pritikin, who created the Rice-a-Roni jingle, say the whole thing could be just an "oversight." Cruise's reps couldn't be reached.

walt

Who F************ cares about a damn globe!

lisa

First off.. his movie is GOOD. I hate this site it's so f'ing mean--Just mean. What good does that do anyone, especially before work. My NY resolution.. NO MORE visiting this site that I find to me very mean spirited.

Chris Lover

I LOVE Rice-a-Roni

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

This just sounds ridiculous... a copyright to an object that Hitler used... come ON - that is a part of history and should not be ABLE to be copyrighted.

itstrue

The movie is good to you, not to others. I'm an other.

LongJohn69

The only film in which Tom Cruise was credible as a character was "Risky Business". All the rest are nothing but THAT character in different clothes and settings. The baby face worked for a while but NO MORE!

phot

Just another cheap marketing ploy for an over-advertised pile of poop. I bet the movie critics that gave Valkyrie a good review, are laughing all the way to the bank. Hmmmm

bridgelover

Come on, stop bashing Tom and this movie - my husband and I really liked it

vijay krishna

it is a good movie and most unique one too. this is a original movie unlike in other movies u see many similarities.
you have to watch it toi understand it.

Bex

The movie is horrible and Cruise is probably the worlds worst actor.

terryeo

The only reason Tom's movie is making any money is because whenever any Scientologist's movie comes out, all of the poor Scientologists are forced to watch it out of their own money at least 10 times each.

The former shadow of WTC one.

GREAT MOVIE! Top 3 box office xmass weekend...When open in EU this will be a top 1-2 $ maker.

As far as the globe GMAFB!

d to the izzle

Maybe this idiot Pritikin should be sent to a concentration camp, since he seems to be such a huge fan of Hitler and the Nazis!

xcalibur

Tom needs a new pair of balls. Get rid of the globe and get a pair! I love the South Park episode about TC and scientology. Funn y as hell. =)

lol

They would've sucker more people into seeing this piece of poop if they didn't use Tommy in any of the trailers. Especially Tommy saying "We have to kill Hitler' in an American accent. lol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments