Heather Locklear

Dodges DUI Bullet

1/2/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102_heather_locklear_ex_mug-1Heather Locklear just got her driving under the influence case dismissed, and she's pled to a much lesser offense.

Heather pled no contest to reckless driving, a misdemeanor. She'll be placed on three years informal probation, pay a $700 fine, and she must attend a 12-hour drug education course.

Heather was arrested last September after she was allegedly driving under the influence of prescription meds. The D.A. says Locklear's blood tests showed prescription drugs were indeed in her system. No alcohol was involved.

Score one more for the unbeatable Blair Berk, who seems to work mini-miracles for some of these celebs who cross the legal line. Berk was in Santa Barbara court this AM for the plea. Locklear was not there.

Kayaker

I was arrested in FL for DUI. I did NOTlose my license for a year, I was on Prob for a year, never lost my license, had to go to a 6 month (once a week) trwatment program. Here in Fl, you only lose your license if convicted of a DUI (I plead to the lesser wrekcless driving charge, like Ms Locklear), or refuse to take a breathalizer or bloodtest or field sobriety test. She didn't get any special treat ment, she basically got the same as me. I am not wealthy and was able to hire a competant attorney who helped me to get out of the DUI.
I am one of the few who learned my lesson. I have not touched a drop of alcohol since I was arrested 7 years ago. I was not an alcoholic, but did not want to take the chance of this ever happpening again. While I was in treatment sessions, there were people on their third, fourth and fifth DUI's!!

2% MILK

high blood pressure CAN EFFECT YOUR DRIVING MORON, THEY CAN MAKE YOU SLEEPY OR CAUSE LOW BLOOD PRESSURE IN TURN MAY OR MAY NOT CAUSE A CAR ACCD. YOUR THE MORON.

Bex

FLAT...Don't you mean "You're the moron", moron?

Van

Such BS...celeb justice is such a joke...anyone else, and they would have fried probably. She's such a wreck...

Disgusting

Idiot celebrities hurt everyone else.

A celeb gets on the cover of People mag for abusing painkillers and all doctors stop prescribing and assume everyone is an addict.

Not everyone becomes addicted. Not all painkillers make you high/impair you.

This kind of blanket ignorant hysteria is what keeps ill people from getting rightful relief from suffering because the idiot doctors are concerned with protecting themselves not treating the patient. Idiot doctors are incapable of differentiating between legit patients and recreational addicts and irresponsibly assume everyone is an addict.

What ridiculous hypocrisy that alcohol flows freely in this country, but meds are considered dangerous.

Alcohol is the most addictive, impairing substance - responsible for the majority of violence, fatalities, illness.

hollywood joe

I went to school with heather and knew her and her family. They were an incredibly nice family. I'm glad Heather is doing well and did not get a dui, but "celebrity justice" goes on here in so cal. It is the worst kept secret around. Celebrities do get off easy. Normal average Joe people do not. That's how it is here. It shouldn't be this way, and hopefully someday celebrites will be treated the same as us, but i doubt it.

Mrs Joe Jackson

Whatever became of the old fashioned life punishments .. Public Hangings?

At least OJ is in jail.

Probably Bush will pardon him.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Glimmer you are stupid. Xanax doesn't make people sleepy that take it for anxiety for so long. They get used to it. Look it up before you talk. You have no clue. And they are allowed to drive when they take it daily for anxiety. Dumb A**. Same with pain meds. You have no clue about something called "tolerance".

Andy

Chucky wrote:

> She had evidence clearly against her. . . .

Actually, not so much. There was, according to reports, no alcohol involved. She tested positive for prescription drugs, which arguably impaired her driving. But that's a MUCH harder case to make for prosecutors than DUI with alcohol, since with alcohol there's a set BAC level that arbitrarily defines the offense. With (legally-held) prescription drugs, there is (I think) no objective definition of what level constitutes an offense, so the case quickly devolves into a case of highly-subjective arguments back and forth over how much her driving was impaired, does this or that drug really cause that kind of impairment, and so on. Very messy, very muddled, and easily challenged by a competent defense. This was likely deemed a weak case for the prosecution, so they were ready to cut a deal.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Victoria, I don't care what friends you have, your friend is not everyone else. So , don't judge everyone else. Not everyone is High on oxy. Some need it for pain. Ignorant idiots.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

This is the last thing I'm saying, if you are prescribed something daily like i said before like xanax, YOU CAN DRIVE!!!!!!!!! It will say on the bottle if you cant!!!!!! IT WILL SAY "FIND OUT HOW IT AFFECTS YOU BEFORE YOU DRIVE" Then after you get it for awhile it will say nothing about not driving. Call and find out before you open your mouth!

Bex

FashionistaGa...You are an idiot. Your posts make no sense and you are illiterate. I know Christmas vacation is here and all, but your high on mother should pay attention to what her little snot nosed brats are doing. Tell ma to get off the milkman and get you some lunch!

Bex

Sounds like fashionite #23 could use a xanax! Calm down girl! Calling everyone names makes you look kinda dumb!

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

"high on mother" made no sense "poor kid' lol. you wanna talk about someone making no sense . I made perfect sense, it's just you idiots are ignorant. If you idiots ever need any prescription drugs, you will see you can drive on them. For now, keep spouting off things you have no clue about.

2% MILK