Heather Locklear

Dodges DUI Bullet

1/2/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102_heather_locklear_ex_mug-1Heather Locklear just got her driving under the influence case dismissed, and she's pled to a much lesser offense.

Heather pled no contest to reckless driving, a misdemeanor. She'll be placed on three years informal probation, pay a $700 fine, and she must attend a 12-hour drug education course.

Heather was arrested last September after she was allegedly driving under the influence of prescription meds. The D.A. says Locklear's blood tests showed prescription drugs were indeed in her system. No alcohol was involved.

Score one more for the unbeatable Blair Berk, who seems to work mini-miracles for some of these celebs who cross the legal line. Berk was in Santa Barbara court this AM for the plea. Locklear was not there.

Bex

Morons AKA Fashionsomething, You can't fool us, slut! Pea brain! Drug addict! Tell momma to get off her back and git in the kitchen!

hollywood joe

Good Lord, I'm home today from work with a slab leak in my house and have been piddling on the computer. I saw the Heather article and made a comment, but since then i've been watching what people email to tmz for responses and I'm amazed. Don't think I'll do this again. There is no intelligent talk on this site.

Tina

12 hours of rehab? Well that should cure her. Why do these millionare celebrites drive when they are high? Its not like they cant afford a limo.

dr. drrrrrinks

FLAT u r a great wanker sucka!!!!!!!!!!!

Kawika 3

She used to be my Favorite. Till she went all Druggy.....
Hope she recovers..

IchHuge

I'd still bang her...hard...

Hershel

So whats happened to the woman that called in the report? Seems like I heard she made money by reporting the "incident" by calling a tabloid first before making the "enhanced" version of the story to the police. Just another "fan" looking for 15 minutes of fame?

steve

First, her case was not dismissed, the DA allowed her to plead to a lesser charge, which is common in many cases. What questions that may have been asked by the DA was; what medication she was taking, and for exactly what illness; what is the approiate dose to take and how much she took. You then look at her prior driving history. In most caes, if your BA level is .o5 to .08 , a plea of reckless ( alcohol related which is stated on ur driving record ) driving, can be filed by the DA. The DUI fine is misleading. that is a base fine. If you count cout cost, attorney's fee's and costs for classes etc, your looking at $ 3 to five thousand. DMV handles her driving suspenion, which is usually 3-6 months, so her lic has been suspended for at least 3 months, If the court asks for a longer suspension, that is then included in the plea.

Impairment is the key in any DUI case, NO MATTER if what the drug is, meth to blood preasure medication. If your doctor tells you not to drive, so many hours after taking the medication, then don't. If you take more of what is legally perscribed, then don't. It is common sence !

She received no special treatment, I can see. If the DA felt anything different, he would have not accepted the plea and instead went to trial.

I am strongly against DUI driving but I also be believe in the system. Every case is different.

yooper

What the heck is "informal" probation?

Hal

Oh Leroy, you'd bang a jackass that looks just like you.

George William Gockel

I will pay attention to Heather Locklear on probation for her DUI. I really really do care about Heather Locklear. I really really am concerned about Heather Locklear. I really really am madly deeply continuously passionately and romanticly in love with Heather Locklear. I really really love,crave,honor cherish,respect and obey all of Heather Locklear from head to toe as her number 1 fan. Too see Heather Locklear totally nude is my all-time #1 favorite way to see Heather Locklear. And one day Heather Locklear and I will meet each other.

why?

Heather deserved a break..this was minor and she has paid a price unlike Halle Berry who crashed her car violently into another vehicle , and fled the sene bleeding profusly from her head and leaving her seriously injured victim to fend for herself. Hit and run, especially when some one is injured is an act of cowardice and extream selfishness and a very serious punishable crime as it should be...Miss Berry had her scar removed with the miracle of plastic surgery and shed a tear to the judge and walked away scott free. There is a good chance she was wasted.. I keep waiting for her to do something else stupid. Once a low life always a low life!

OsoMyszka

Three years probation is standard in the State of California on a first offence whether she was given reckless driving or a DUI.

Bondem777@yahoo.com

I'm the mother of a young man who was seriously injured by a drunk driver. To watch the privileged get off with a slap on the wrist is yet another slap in the face to the victims of drunk driving everywhere.

Wayne Newtn

hey tmz,

Jay Leno shlould have used ASA 200 flim when he took heather's mug shot !!!

RJ Johnson is BACK !!!