Travoltas Speak on Jett's Passing

1/4/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have released this statement on the passing of their son Jett:

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future."

With love,
John, Kelly and Ella

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Marilyn Thomen

My thoughts & prayers go out to the Travolta family. I to, lost my son at the age of 24. It wa sudden, unexpected. He to had grand mal sizures and was on medication which helped some, but he still had seizures, not as many, but enough. I didnot have an autopsy done, cause of death was heart attack due to the seizure disorder. I am still unclear how the doctor could say cause of death heart attack with no autospy. There is nothing worst in this world then losing a child. I would have gladly taken his place. You just take one day and a time and plese know it will never be the same, but with time it does get a little better. The emptiness is there but you just have to know our children are in a better place and are safe and we will all meet again. God bless you all.

Marilyn

2085 days ago

Michael

Dear Mr. Travolta,

I was very sorry to hear about you're sons death. You probably won't read this, but if by chance you do, I want to tell you that I know your pain. I lost my daughter, Jessica age 18 in an auto accident on Nov. 10, 2000. Devistating is an understatement, your whole world has just been turned upsidedown. Be strong and cherish you're family and friends, they will be you're strength thruogh these hard times of heartache and wondering why. I am just a small person in a big world, but feelings are usually the same no matter who you are. You and you're family are in my prayers. Time will heal some of the pain, and allow you to eventually "learn to live with it", but nothing will ever take all the pain away. The fact of the matter is our children are suposed to bury us, not the other way around, it is not natural to the order of things and that is why it hurts so much more. Again my deepest sympathy, and best wishes for you and you're family.

Michael

2083 days ago

Joel Z

No matter what religion they believe or follow, the lost of a child is heart breaking and who are we to judge the Travolta's when we all have a speck or two in our on eyes? Love is not a sin neither is sharing the lost of a much loved son. leave judging to God and adopt Love instead. may Gods peace be with you and your family Mr. Travolta.

2082 days ago

oops

dear john,

i admire your work !!! i couldn't have done any better !!! good luck
with your next patient, bleu !!!

best wishes. sincerely,
dr kevorkian

2082 days ago

Tabitha

Your son Jett was beautiful inside and out. ( You can tell by his eyes.) I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time. May god bless and watch over you!

2074 days ago

Lori K

I don't claim to know much about medical issues, but I just read some information regarding SJS syndrome and I thought I'd toss the idea out for the Travolta's to consider researching this subject.

I also wish to send my sympathy to the family.

2060 days ago