Travoltas Speak on Jett's Passing

1/4/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have released this statement on the passing of their son Jett:

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future."

With love,
John, Kelly and Ella

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Scientologists see people who have autism, the way they act, as freaks basically. they get treated as such. They force them to be audited many times a day as if that will fix them. They try to "cure" them. I'm sure that poor child was subjected to rejection his whole life. I hate to think of non celebrity scientology kids with handicaps like this. Its all so sad and one day, freedom of religion or not, Scientology should be banned in this country as it is in other countries. Send those freaks out of this country if they want to practice it. The majority doesn't want them here. All they do is harm children and annoy the rest of us.

jstark

Some of you are so insincere. You don't know the Travolta's. None of us do. You need to respect your fellow humans and not say such horrific things. Just imagine it being someone in your family. How do you people sleep at night. John and Kelly need prayers and privacy right now. And the one who made the comment about KARMA, you'll get yours for being such a jerk to a family who is going through the worst time of their life right now. Way to start out the new year! You're a real winner.

Poet

I think that Kelly is the one that turned John into the scientological freak, she gets paid A LOT to be his wife and beard. I am sure John is torn right now, because I think he did want what was best for Jett. John seems like a nice guy, Kelly on the other hand seems very bitchy. The statement is way too generic. Seems programmed and without too much emotion. so sad.

Natasha

You and your family are in our Scientology prayers.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

It's funny if you are a normal person that isn't a scientolofreak, you read their ramblings somewhere like online or the book, it makes no sense. I guess you have to be brainwashed for it to make sense.

Natasha

Scientology should be praticed by everyone it is the way.

Poet

it is like they are reading TMZ and aswering questions from people who put in comments. Seems like they are quick to respond to allegations - yet this could have all been cleared up if they acknowledged his conditon from the get go. I think more people would be sympathetic if that were the case. But since they never disclosed any of this before, it SMELLS cover-up. JOhn would have had the backing of the disability community if he had just admitted his son was autistic/fragile x.

BTW - depakote is for seisures and mood swings and can be monitored by having liver checked every 6 months. As long as he is monitored, he should not have had issues with it. But it does not work for everyone. I give the kudos for atleast trying.

Me

God bless the Travoltas.

May the truth prevail.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Funny Natasha, I doubt you are one because real ones are always too chicken to admit it in cases like these. But you can tell who are the ones posting.

billyboyhere

If you lost your child is that what you would write? My gosh whomever said it sound like the passing of their grandmother or part of an award acceptance speech are so right. Its cold and distant. I'm sorry for their loss, but my goodness, I would think they would be too distraught to even consider writing anything to anyone at this moment.

I believe it should be a Police matter, the nannies/mannies being looked into for negligence. Drug test them both and find out where they were every second while on the Big Island.

Natasha

I am not ashamed to say I believe and practice Scientology.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Exactly 20

Kristin

This is not a Sciencetology issue!!! This child had medical issues that his parents were not ignoring. Medication doesn't always work, and it's not like they were leaving him unattented and didn't have people watching him, nobody can be watched 24/7 and all you idiots out there blaiming their religion for their child dying is HORRIBLE. Im am a non practcing Catholic, I don't agree with some people's beleifs but I do not slight them for it. FREEDOM of RELIGION is part of being AMERICAN, don't ban a religion that is why there are so many wars.
This is a time to give your thoughts and sympthay to this family and let them alone in their time of grief!!!!!!

les

Oh please #20. It would be almost impossible to put into words the grief they must feel. I'm sure they felt like they had to release a statement.

There are many belief systems out there that have various rules about meds. Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah Witnesses (no blood transfusions) are two that spring to mind. It is nobody's business what this child has. They cared for him and had precautions in place.

Bloghappy

Who in the world wrote that thank you???