Travoltas Speak on Jett's Passing

1/4/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have released this statement on the passing of their son Jett:

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future."

With love,
John, Kelly and Ella

L. Rodman

God Bless the Travolta family! My prayers and thoughts are with you all at this time.

Natasha

Scientologist believe in GOD it is not the ANTI-CHRIST! There are no ALIENS or XENU, about the money I give the amount everyone gives their church if you can give 10%, just like the BIBLE says. I can't speek for all Scientologiest not all are crazy, Tom Cruise he is out there. I don't ask anyone if I can take meds, if any part of my body is hurt or sick I go to the Dr. like everyone else and take the meds I need to make myself better. Hello your body is your temple you have to take care of it if you want to live.

Bobbi

The infinite pain of losing anyone is horrific, but losing a child is the most devistating of all. Our prayers are with the Travolta family and Jett sounded like a very special boy. Take your time to mourn and heal...Peace to you all. As for his Scientology belief...this is not the time to debate this...it's the time to mourn a 16 year old boy.

NancIT

John seems like a Loving and caring Father!!! Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise !! He loved the Boy .

jstark

Ok Poet, since your a poet, why don't you write the statement the way it should have sounded. You know, with the kind of emotion that you think would be acceptable. Go ahead.

isabella

First of all my symapathy go to the Travolta family. This really scares me. I have a child who is on medication for seizures and will not think of stopping it for any religeous reasons or beliefs. If this child was in the care of 2 nannys? As a parent, What the hell happened? watching a child going through a seizure is scary enough to always want to be there with her at all times. Even if he was in the shower and given his privacy the nanny should of been in the other room listening and making sure he was alright. But maybe the nannys did not know how severe his disability was?

Um Hello???

OK Natasha - what level are you?

Hayley B

My friend's son appeared "normal" in development until the age of 2.5, when he started to backslide in development and exhibit signs of autism. From what I understand, this is not completely uncommon in children who have autism.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

You can't convince anyone of what they know goes on in scientology. there is plenty on rickross.com that exposes it. And many other places too.

Sharon Murphy

I am so pained by your loss. I have three children (twin 6-year olds and a 17 year old daughter), and I cannot even imagine how you feel. I know you are true to your faith, and I am hopeful that this will get you through this extremely difficult time, as well as your strong love of family and each other.

I have always admired you as a family, one of the few successful couples and families that have stayed together through it all, while being exposed by the limelight and paparazzi that stardom in Hollywood brings. I am only a fan, someone you will never meet in your lifetime, but I wish that I could give you hope, solace and take away your pain somehow, simply because you are such amazing people (so giving, caring and loving, from all that I see and hear about you), and I am so deeply affected by your loss.
From my family to yours, with the deepest sympathy and emotion.
Warmest of Regards,

Sharon Murphy and Family

Dave K

Ok, they "stay together" because it's a marriage of convenience. Travolta is gay in case anyone was unaware.

Bloghappy

Poet, did you happen to read Kelly's interview in Playboy? If you did then I can understand why you perceive her as bitchy. And judas priest, when she started talking about how she got caught playing doctor, I believe behind her grandma's house, nothing serious as she put it IIRC, they only put things in heinies. I've got to find that article again.

Bobbie

How terrible. My Prayers! No matter what you believe or don't believe in, does not matter here. to live longer than your children is a nightmare. wether you are a parent of a child or of a 50 year old - it is unbarrable to think of. God give you strenth!

Paula

As a parent I can not even comprehend the pain. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Be strong for Ella she will need you more than ever. Rest peacefully Jett for you will be missed greatly......

IsaBella

JYCRED and Okie Doke, to be quite honest, I don't know for sure what condition Jett had, ofcourse. I don't know the family that well. It just seemed to be so similar to the condition meningitis epileptics suffer from and often by outsiders it is mistaken for autism. He couldn't communicate well either, well every time you have a grand mal it is like a short circuit and it will damage braincells. Besides the risks of falling when having a grand mal, it is therefore so important to take either depakine, depakote or even diphantoine to stop the grand mal seizures. But when this does not work for a person, each time there occurs a grand mal, there will be severe damage to the brain. A person who has a petit mal with just stand still and stare into the emptiness, being completelt unresponsive. This can last for several minutes. Outsiders do often mistake that for autisme too. It's just a possibility, I strongly believe in.