Travoltas Speak on Jett's Passing

1/4/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have released this statement on the passing of their son Jett:

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future."

With love,
John, Kelly and Ella

paula

i pray that in this horrible tragedy that john travolta and his family will find God and turn to Him because He is the only one who can save us and help us through anything that happens in our lives. God is always with us no matter what happens to us good or bad and He will bring us through it. i pray for anyone who does not know Jesus Christ as their saviour and have Him in your life. God Bless

IsaBella

@Natasha,

Are you a Nastasha by any chance, as in Russian?
Goodness girl, where did you learn to write English? I'm not American myself, by I certainly do know the basics and it is btw "speak" instead of "speek" and "attack" .Attaching is something different.

and if you are scientologist, then I am Ron L Hubbard, defrosted that is.
You don't even know the basics of Scientology, you just went through the wiki real quick and read over what is really essential.

Lisa D. from Phoenix

Whatever their beliefs, they lost a child. I don't believe in Scientology myself. But as a fellow parent, I can offer my heartfelt condolences to John, Kelly and Bella. My prayers are with them during this most difficult time of their entire lives. God Bless Them!!

Vall

To Face it People - are you for real? Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. To John, Kelly, Ella and your extended family and friends; My deepest heartfelt condolences. Your son was a beautiful gift and you will cherish his memory for the rest of your lives. You were the best parents, sister, family, and friends. Don't listen to anything negative said by strangers - they just don't understand.
Vall

Beth

It does'nt matter what religion,cult,tribe or following that you believe in and practice, what matters here is a mother and father have lost their son and a little sister has lost her big brother.The pain will stay with them forever,we should save our critisism of the Travolta/Preston scientology faith for the privacy of our own homes, they need support and love at this sad occasion.John,Kelly and Ella, may you all find some peace in your fond memories of Jett in the days of his short life.

don

John, Kelly and Ella,
What a remarkable family you are. Jett was luckier than most and All the Love you shared with him, was a pleasure and a joy to watch. All of you are the kindest of Souls and are to be looked up to.
The Love you showed was ovious in your eyes, and heart.
God Bless all of you, my heart is aching as if I lost a family member, You have touched alot of souls by being such a kind and loving family.
May you find peace by continuing your Love.
Donna and John Segrest

Natasha

Thank you 87! As far as Bella (by I) English. No, not Russian. As far as comments to me, you are all probably the ones who voted that Muslim Obama. In the bible, a man of Muslim descent will come out of no where and take over- now that is the anti christ.

Bubblebunny

John Travolta is a gentle and loving person, as is his wife. How tragic for this to happen. He would never hurt his son..Looks like God wanted him early. We really do not know what Jet's true physical and mental condition was. God Bless this family. Everyone, please be kind. It could have easily happened to one of us. It was shocking, at any rate.

lou lou

i am totally disgusted with some of the comments that are shown, i dont understand how people can be so judgemental about something that they know nothing about, judge not the bible says, my prayers and thoughts go out to the family and the uncles ,aunts, and grandparents of the family. ignorance of those who blame and chastise shows through to anyone who has a heart. i am sure that john and kelly were great parents. dont listen to those people who say otherwise.

Natasha

To Okie Doke - Level OT II

Siobhan

I find it sad that people question the appropriateness of the Travoltas’ statement concerning the death of their son. First of all, no words could express their level of grief or account the great loss they feel at the moment. As a family, they are in shock with little time to measure the full impact of this death. They must make funeral arrangements, coordinate the receptions of condolences and contributions and console family members and friends who are trying to comfort them. Travoltas are unique in they must go through with this horrific experience as public figures. This process and all the arrangements must be planned with press requests, security details and other celebrity involvement.
The statement was probably written by a publicist with the main purpose to release something from the family and to express gratitude for condolences. Unless we have had an unfortunate experience in losing a child, let not pass judgment on how they respond to their loss. Give them the space and let them grieve.

BTW Years ago I was prescribed Depakote for migraines and my doctor and the pharmacy information both stated the drug was primarily used as an anti-seizure medication. That was the reason I decided not to take it. I was concerned about using a medication that tampered with the electrical systems in the brain.

Sharon J

Losing a child is the most horrific experience a parent can endure. My son's death was November 13, 2008. My thoughts and prayers are with John, Kelly, and Ella.

gomyskins47

Such a heartbreaking thing to have happened and I just can't believe all the haters on these sites. How can some of you lay your head down at night - shame on you! My heart aches for them everytime I open my computer and see this. I hope that they can find strength in each other and remember the good times and the love they all had and still have for each other. Bless you all.

Gia

Who are you 'praying to' Natasha? Xenu, the evil intergalactic warlord from planet teegeeack?

Hopefully this tragedy will alert people to the fact that Hubbard's quackery KILLS.

Jeebus

Natasha...
I'd like to hear the grand total of what you've given in actual dollars to this cult in your lifetime. (no spins please, just answer the question as presented)
Also, have you ever been cleansed with that silly e-meter device?
Finally, if you knew a certain psychiatric medicine might save your child's life and your cult told you NOT to give it to him/her, would you go against your cult and give it to him anyways?