Travolta Death Cert Lists Seizure

1/5/2009 6:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: 9:29 ET Dr. Hubert Minnis, Minister of Health in the Bahamas, told Larry King Jett's body was cremated today.

UPDATE 5:52 ET -- The assistant director of the funeral home told TMZ the pathologists who performed the autopsy concluded Jett Travolta died from a seizure.

Jett Travolta's death certificate lists "seizure" as the cause of death.

No word on the coroner's findings, at least not yet.

The funeral home says "The body was in great condition and shows no sign of head trauma," despite police and family who say the boy hit his head either on the toilet seat, bathtub or both.

The body is currently en route to the airport to be flown back to Florida.

Story developing ...

Daniel

The Travolta family has my deepest blessing in this time of pain. They will be in my paryers and thoughts

Chuck

SCIENTOLOGY PATHOLOGICAL LIAR DAMAGE CONTROL ARMY OUT IN FORCE ON THIS SITE.......OH THEY SAY SUCH HEART FELT LOVING THINGS AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO FEEL GUILTY FOR SAYING THE TRUTH........REMEMBER THEY ARE ALL PROGRAMMED TO BE LIARS BY EXPERT LIARS AND HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY.

2% MILK

UNREAL EVERY 10MIN A NEW STORY, LEAVE THEM ALONE, THIS TYPE OF REPORTING IS OUT OF CONTROL AND UNFAIR

Mags

Also, to all the scientologists who are flooding the boards: Tom Cruise is gay and a loony. John Travolta is schtupping the manny Jeff who he has been photographed kissing and L Ron was gay too. People who are so hysterically homophobic are just trying to supress their own homosexuality. Thetans don't exist, auditing is bunk and L Ron was a lousy sci-fi writer

Paulie Wants a Cracker

I don't get why some people attack TMZ when they come on TMZ. Just stay away if you don't like what TMZ post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
With that said you guys can post whatever you like but some of the post are just mean. Have a heart people. As I was picking up my 14 year old son today I thought about how I would feel, my God the idea is just too painful.
Regardless if they didn't believe in medication it's what they have to live with if it's true. sad but true.
It makes me angry to think that a cult could convince parents to keep a medication from a child but it's a choice they have to live with.
I'm finding myself having to hold back because the more I think about it the more angry I get.
So I will pick on Tom Cruise, he is a freak and I hope Katie gets away and this is a wake up call for her. Don't let Tom's cult ever take away health care for your beautiful daughter.
Kirstie alley is a freak too, Scientology hasn't helped her fat azz either. She is an emotional wreck, scientology did her good. LOL
Will and Jada, get out while you can. Stop using Scientology to boost your careers. It's going to hurt you in the end you wannabeeeeeeeeees.
God I hate Tom Cruise, won't see another movie he is in. Would he just go away already.

Um Hello???

Do you honestly think TMZ is the only media reporting on this? Also, if you don't want to hear about it, why are you here? Why do you keep coming back? And another thing, do you really think posting here and TMZ reporting is stopping the family from grieving peacefully? They are not sitting here reading TMZ - I am sure they have plenty to do and tons of things on their mind. They are not here on TMZ.

christine

OMG!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK

objectivity

I think everyone just needs to sit back and wait for more information. Just because Travolta's are wealthy, does NOT mean they are negligent parents. And just because they practice Scientology does not make them bad parents. We are all learning from all of these disorders. Doctors don't have all the answers and Scientology certainly does not. They "chose" to live their life through Scientology, that does not make them "wrong". I think it is hard for parents to decide what treatment is right/wrong. Some medications do have a profound effect on the body, very toxic. There are just so many variables to consider and no one knows all the insides of this story. Furthermore, Jett was how old? 16 year old kid? I am sure they were trying to give him a bit of privacy, like most teenagers want, you can't "smother" them all the time, that is not positive or healthy either. I think everyone can learn from this and many other tragedies that have happened both inside and outside of Hollywood. If it is true that he was having weekly seizures, he was at risk. A parent can turn their head for a second in a grocery store and those little tots can cruise off at lightning speeds. Tragedy can happen to anyone at anytime, and I dont' think it is healthyor positive for people to be pointing fingers.

megan

Radar is reporting the body will now be cremated. The story gets more wierd by the minute.

Who are these crazy people who keep complaining about TMZ doing what others are doing? Get off the computer if you object.

Facts are the Travolta's followed a sick cult which prevented acknowledgement and treatment of serious health issues. Whether it is child abuse is matter of opinion. Withdrawing all meds would be abuse to me. I think they loved their son, but it's obvious they loved the power and attention of the cult more.

Paulie Wants a Cracker

Scientologist don't believe in medication. It's neglect, how dare the Travolta's do this. That child should of been on medication, at least he would of had a fighting chance.
People who get into Scientology are the most insecure people on earth . Christians allow medications for their children, scientologist don't.
How sad and I would consider it child neglect. Just because one medication didn't work anymore doesn't mean he shouldn't of been on something else. Please it's just an excuse.
Who was there for Jett when his parents decided to keep medical care from him all in the name of a cooky cult? That is neglect and that is just my personal opinion.
I feel bad for the Travolta's but this is something they will have to live with forever.
I have no respect for scientologist, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Leanna Rimmey, Kirstie Alley, Will Smith, The TRAVOLTAS and whoever else.

Mags

So "objectivity" at 6:44PM on Jan 5th 2009, how long have you been a scientologist? Have they told you about Xenu yet? Btw, L Ron was a sissy

Paulie Wants a Cracker

RIP Jett and my best to the Travolta's. Get out of that scientology cult now. They are evil and should be brought down. Give your kids the medication they needs. If it doesn't work try something else. This child should of been on medications. It's very possible that this still would of happend but bloody hell he should of been allowed a chance.
We can all see that John and his wife loved Jett very much, I blame that cult scientology. They influence the weak, we all know John Travolta has issues way before Jett was even born. John had emotional issues and turned to scientology to get him thru the day. He believed this cult and look what it might of done to his family.
Tom you can stay in the cult we don't like you anyways but Katie should get out.

Bloghappy

So if JT and KP were giving Jett seizure drugs and the COS frowns on it they're in trouble. Dispensing meds and lying. Tommy Boy is going to have a hissy. JT and KP better break out the big checkbook, this is gonna cost 'em.

Avalanche

They decided to cremate the body before returning Jett to Florida.
That is sooo telling about what the autopsy really showed.

Chuck

JETT WAS BEING RAISED BY A MOTHER AND DAD AND THE DAD'S LOVER "MANNY" WHO IS ALSO MARRIED AND SUPPOSEDLY A PHOTOGRAPHER....ACCORDING TO HIS WEBSITE. JEFF IS IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE.....I FEEL SORRY FOR THE DAUGHTER....

THIS SITE IS FULL OF SCIENTOLOGIST DAMAGE CONTROL LIARS.....AND THEY DARE TO USE THE WORD GOD