Travolta Death Cert Lists Seizure

1/5/2009 6:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: 9:29 ET Dr. Hubert Minnis, Minister of Health in the Bahamas, told Larry King Jett's body was cremated today.

UPDATE 5:52 ET -- The assistant director of the funeral home told TMZ the pathologists who performed the autopsy concluded Jett Travolta died from a seizure.

Jett Travolta's death certificate lists "seizure" as the cause of death.

No word on the coroner's findings, at least not yet.

The funeral home says "The body was in great condition and shows no sign of head trauma," despite police and family who say the boy hit his head either on the toilet seat, bathtub or both.

The body is currently en route to the airport to be flown back to Florida.

Story developing ...

mrsrip1

You know what I don't get - why now, all of a sudden (because of the poor death of this child) are they splashing around their family photos? They kept this boy hidden and away from the press for 16 years - now all of sudden they are posting their family photos? A hundred bucks their publisist said to do it! Makes me sick. I wouldn't post my family photos after the fact. I hate Hollywood people.

momof4

We were not scientologists..just plain old Lutherans. My daughter tried every medication there was to stop her seizures, including depakote..which not only didn't work, but turned her into a complete zombie. At the time of her death, she took a total of 36 pills a day...it didn't save her. Sometimes, in retrospect, I wish that I had taken her off her seizure meds since they adversely effected the quality of her life and she had seizures anyway. I can sympathize with the parents. i too had to face all the questions and the specualtions. I had the police and social services investigating whether I withheld medication. They tested her blood and counted her remaining meds. It was terrifying waiting for the results...which, of course came back normal. Anybody who has ever had a seizure is at risk for dying this way

Leave them be..they are a family grieving.

Bloghappy

Good point, Joan.

Chuck

JOAN #93 YOU ARE SO RIGHT.....ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL THE SCIENTOLOGY PLANTED PICTURES ARE COMING OUT...YOU ARE SO RIGHT JOAN

mrsrip1

I'd really like to hear opinions on this:

You know what I don't get - why now, all of a sudden (because of the death of this poor child) are they splashing around their family photos? They kept this boy hidden and away from the press for 16 years - now all of sudden they are posting their family photos? A hundred bucks their publisist said to do it! Makes me sick. I wouldn't post my family photos after the fact. I hate Hollywood people.

Jadey

Chuck - time to deprogram!

Stacy

Thank Ron he is now with the aliens in eternal peace. Ron bless.

chuck

"objectivity",,,,,yes,if a child has seizures and the parents deny him medication they can be "neglectful" and held accountable by law......they had him on depakote and it wasnt working to thier expectations,and they were worried about side affects,but the fact is if he was still on the medication "HIS SEIZURE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AS SEVERE"......or you try another medication,there are many out there for siezures,.......sobody on here said you cant list a seizure as cause of death,yes you CAN DIE FROM A SEIZURE,during a severe seizure you are not breathing,and if it lasts long enough,death certainly can occur

twinky

Do you think the money and popularity of the Travolta's will prevent the authorities from checking to see if Jett was taken off of all of his seizure medication?

tmz is the pits

The award for most repetious and asinine statements goes to....
....Chuck.

Um Hello???

mominmn - this statement here - . "i too had to face all the questions and the specualtions. I had the police and social services investigating whether I withheld medication. They tested her blood and counted her remaining meds. It was terrifying waiting for the results...which, of course came back normal." kind of makes me think a little about Jett's family.

Since you had to go through all of that, I would like to know why they didn't. (I know you can't answer that - I am just wondering out loud) They had this child done and shipped before anything could be investigated. I guess I just do not trust anything or anyone that labels itself a Scientologist. I just have a feeling something is wrong with all of this.

I do wish the family well and for their hearts to heal - and I once again want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

MissTina

I would first like to send my utmost sympathy to the Travolta family. Losing a child, I can only imagine. As to you who are writing blame, let me inform you that my husband died 3 and a half years ago while taking so called medication that was suppose to reduce these seisuzers, well it killed my husband also. I dont usually comment on this kind of stuff, but I can relate to the Travolta's. The doctors told me as long as my husband was on these meds he would be fine, well he is dead, I think the doctors need the reality call, certainly not the Travota's. I also think the media should leave them alone, they are deeply mourning, leave them alone. There beliefs or non-beliefs are theres, not the media's, or yours , or mine..

bren

I beg you please let this family grieve . As a mother who lost a 22 yr. old son in Sept. I know all too well the pain they are in and they deserve the time to mourn A loss of a child is a different pain then any other loss their life will never be the same and the empty feeling does not go away . parents are not supposed to bury their children it is already a lot to deal with

Chuck

NOW THE SCIETOLOGISTS ARE AFTER ME.......KEEP TRYING TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM TMZ........I LOVE IT BUT WILL STOP NOW SO THAT I DO NOT PLAY INTO YOUR LIE DAMAGE CONTROL LIES..........

shh

God bless you Jett and may you find peace and love in Heaven. May your parents and sister find peace on earth. Life is for the living we must go on.