Caught On Tape

Cops Attack Actors

1/6/2009 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video showing the arrest of Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright last July, and it looks like the cops had their sights set on an ass-whuppin'.

Brolin arrest: Click to watch

It all went down in Shreveport, LA in July. Both actors were arrested for allegedly interfering with an officer. The tape we obtained begins with a passive Brolin -- his arm around fellow-actor Jeffrey Wright -- when a cop pepper sprays him in the face. But it gets more brutal -- when Wright is laying on the ground and it appears a cop repeatedly tasers him.

Today Blair Berk, the lawyer for Brolin and Wright, convinced prosecutors to dismiss all charges against all seven defendants in March, provided they obey the law until then.

crus

Hey, If you're gonna act like drunken animals, then, you get treated like drunken animals. I wouldn't want a cops job
for all the money in the world. Dealing with the dregs of scoiety, I'm amazed more cops don't shoot more a##holes.
How bout the one girl pontificating "you realize you''re being taped righ, you realize this". They should of locked her
ass up too. AND NO, I am not a cop, don't know a cop, and guess what else, never had any run ins with cops, and I'll
bet you something else, bet I don't have a run in with a cop the rest of my life. Live like animals, f-off!

crus

If I was the police, I wouldn't answer any bar fight calls, just let the drunken bums beat the crap out of each other. For every bad cop, there's a thousand good ones, the crap they have to deal with, ah, no thanks.

HonestAbe

Thun is absolutely right: we need to be far more SELECTIVE as to whom we choose to wear a badge. For those in doubt, all one has to do is visit the RACIST state of Georgia in order to witness police abusing their authority, etc. I am a white caucasian, who made the tragic decision to move from the Northeast to the state of GA. I have never witnessed such total disregard for upholding the LAW by many police officers who most certainly are NOT fit to serve as a police officer. It is an extremely difficult and dangerous job for a person to hold. That is why extensive training and psychological testing should be required. I rest my case. (May God bless the good cops in this country)

del

12. Cops don't arrest people for no reason, they must have done something. How convenient that we don't see what caused the commotion.
Posted at 3:42PM on Jan 6th 2009 by Fina

Fina - You miss the point. The cause of the commotion was the reason for the arrest. However, tasing is for subduing. Tasing a man who is handcuffed and on the ground is abuse. Cops don't get a free "abuse the defendant" card when they establish probable cause for arrest.

crus

They should be tasered for their acting ability, have you seen any of their crap?? Also, isn't that Brolin banging
Babs, that hideous old singer, that everyone fawns over her voice. Ya ever listen to her, every song sounds the
same. They should tase that fat old ho!!

david

I have been in the Shreveport area for 29yrs, and was an officer in Bossier, across the river from Shreveport, respect is a two way street, but lately not so much, the officers have a very dangerous job where young people gather with "beverages" used as liquid courage, and a society that encourages if it feels good do it, if you want, do it again. Example: the female recording the video, she should have been arrested for interfering with an officer in the performace of his "duties", and her mouth ample example of disrespect for the law and of the law, but the officers showed restraint, remember we live in a free society, but that does not mean anarchy, maybe some of the citizens should seek a ride along with an officer, and observe just what the "job" is about. We can all sit on the sidelines and scream about the injustice or we can contribute to a great society, by community involvement, and learning to walk a mile in someonelses' shoes. Remeber that treat others like you would like to be treated, and we should not have a problem getting along.

lost in lalaland

NOTE TO SELF: Do not visit any bars or stop for any reason while passing through Shreveport.

Anita

Cops cross the line all the time when they think no one is looking. Especially at night, when their adrenaline builds up.

We don't need more trigger happy cops. What we need is more well balanced police officers who know how to work with the public.
This behavior is a disgrace and it happens all too often, usually to minorities.

Divashels

CLOWNS ALL OF THEM EVERY PERSON IN THIS CRAP IS A FIRST CLASS CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George

In today's society, assualt equals touching somebody when they have not given you any indication of consent to be touched. So taking somebody's hand and shaking it when they have not offered you their hand equates assault. So if you touch somebody and then they attack you and beat the piss out of you, you technically assulted them and they acted in self defence, America is so f-ed up now.
There is no common sense or logic any more and Cops are the most idiotic people on the planet. They have guns, a badge, and the law does not apply to them.
Who polices the Police?

Larry

Um, to the guy who mnade the comment about Josh Brolin "Bangin'" Babs... um.. lessee, get yer facts straight.. It's his Dad.. Actor James Brolin...
just needed to point that out...

del

23.remember we live in a free society, but that does not mean anarchy, maybe some of the citizens should seek a ride along with an officer, and observe just what the "job" is about. We can all sit on the sidelines and scream about the injustice or we can contribute to a great society, by community involvement, and learning to walk a mile in someonelses' shoes. Remeber that treat others like you would like to be treated, and we should not have a problem getting along.

Posted at 4:38PM on Jan 6th 2009 by david

David, you imply that by taking a ride along, and thus realizing that cops deal with violence, jerks, etc. that somehow justifies officers moving from subduing to abusing a cuffed man. The logic is faulty. Yes, cops have a HARD job and deal with sometimes AWFUL people, however, they disgrace themselves and their profession when they justify abuse. I am a probation officer working with the mentally ill. I get spit on, bodily fluids thrown at me. My job is hard. Does that mean that, because I have suffered I can make others suffer? Society should understand when I go off and abuse people? Nope. Again, that would be faulty logic, just as you're exhibiting.

Elijah

Cops are a-holes. Sure, there are good ones who do a decent job (the job that they're paid for). But the majority of them are undereducated pricks, people who didn't want to go to college or the military who instead decided to stay home and screw with the people who "wronged" them in society.

I recently was arrested and spent the night in jail for riding a bike drunk. And when I went to court, the judge laughed and dismissed every charge. Not only that, but I received an official apology from the state of California for unjust incarceration. The cops who arrested me were wrong, as it turned out, just as the cops in this video are wrong.

Cops are such a-holes...

Jb

The dude was pepper sprayed its hard to concentrate on anything else especially with people all around you but then getting shocked when your already on the ground and handcuffed are you freakin kidding me?? Its just some cops takin it too far simply because they can I would file a lawsuit so fast!!

maggot

THESE PUNK ASS THESPIANS PROBABLY DESERVED IT....AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE NUTS AS AN ADDED BONUS FOR RESISTING ARREST.

ITS ALL GOOD!!!