Fantasia:

Going Once, Twice,

Not so Fast!

1/11/2009 12:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia apparently has figured out the new way in a bad economy -- cut a desperate deal.

0805_fantasia_getty
The "Idol" winner was about to lose her $1.1 mil pad in North Carolina because of $$$ probs -- she owed $58,000 to Broward Energy Partners and the company had put the house on the auction block. She had borrowed the cash from the company to pay taxes.

At the last minute, the woman who is now most famous for being a no-show when she starred in an Oprah play on Broadway struck a deal with the company and her home is safe -- for now.

Nostradamus

With a mouth so big it would be pretty tough to try to get a good BJ from her....maybe a horse might have some pleasure

maggie

Lounduong - how kind of you - I would LOVE to. Option A. preferably. Now if you could just arrange my flight from Ireland to wherever these wonderful eateries are, them I'm all yours. Looking forward to your response x

Bob

Nostradamus

33. This is what happens when you take an illiterate, uneducated tramp and make her the winner of a contest. It is said that many lottery winners file bankruptcy. Add American Idol winners to that list.

Kind of like Obama ha! except that his radical friends paid for his college education

colbys woman

this skanky hoe is just a lucky ignorant pig from the backwoods. like britney, you can take the pig out of the country but you can't take the country out of the pig. doesn't this pic look like Buckwheat on crack?

Mayu

I never liked Fantasia. I thought she was one of the worst singers. I couldn't stand that "I've been smoking since I was 5" screaming voice.

that being said... while I'm sorry about her financial problems....

instead of buying a million dollar house... how about, oh I don't know... putting some of that freaking money aside for her kid?? Why do people need million dollar houses for themselves simply because they have the money to buy them at the time?

Look what happened!!

this is why we're in the economic crisis we are in. People living beyond their means and can't take care of their own when push comes to shove.

maybe she should have set some money aside for her daughter's future, put some aside for her elderly family members for their care should an emergency come up, she could have bought herself a modest but nice $200,000 to $400,000 house, some of which are nicer than a lot of these million dollar homes, kept some money aside for spending, and put the rest away for emergencies such as this.

it's just common sense. that's why I don't feel bad for these "stars" who go bust.

girl_melani

I never knew TMZ visitors were so racists and ignorant. I'm sure TMZ staff had a better picture to choose of Fantasia, though she has never been a favorite artist of mine, I wish foreclosure on no one!

Cindy C

I never did like her singing...was so mad that she won American Idol...she is just like Rueben Studdard...Taylor Hicks..not doing much at all anymore...the fifteen minutes are about up....All Fantasia did was screech and not sing..I had to turn her off when she came on.....she better use what money she has left to go to school and get a career going....because music is not it for her...how she ruined her chance on Broadway is beyond me....right there she proved who she is....

dodo

She's a sad person, has talent but doesnt have enough common sense to know how to use it, she will end up at the bottom if she isnt already there.

Jo

Fantasia bought a much more modest house after winning idol. She also established an educational fund for her daughter. She gave the first house to her mother and bought herself the larger more expensive house. I do concur that she should plan better financially as even the brightest stars eventually fade. With her upcoming role in the Oprah movie musical and the release of her third album, she will be in fine finanacial shape.

oops

Posted by maggie

my dearest maggie,

i have a casting call to go to, i'm reading for the part of mr sulu's assistant in the next star trek movie.
may i request of you to rendezvous here on this particular post (as such that i am a lover of afro-centric music) at shall we say 8:00 PM EST tonight. we may then re-initiate our dialog.

'til then,
longduongfromsixteencandlescousinlongschlong

Pat

Fantasia played sick too many times from "The Color Purple"...once she played sick only to be later seen shopping in NYC..there are FAR too many actresses out there waitressing tables at Sardi's who would give their first born for a role like that and this..."Idle Idol" couldn't take it after three weeks!

KDUBBLL

how ironic i just seen her on mtv cribs and wondered how she could afford a house that humongous on american idol fame etc and i actually thought to myself if i was her i would scale back my spending bigtime and look for work asap.i guess my intuition was correct.

oops

she should just go back to HUD housing !!!

Machelle

There are some real haters on here. Some people don't want to see anyone of color have anything. The girl was obviously very sick to miss all those shows. She may be ghetto but she's just a product of her environment just like you bougie wannbes are a product of yours. The bottom line, she's talented, beautiful, and im glad she made it out of her situation. She deserves it. Hopefully, she will stay on top of her money issues.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments