Hargitay's Lung

Collapses Again

1/12/2009 8:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Mariska Hargitay's suffered a partially collapsed lung over the Xmas holiday and it collapsed again today.

Her rep only would confirm that a partially collapsed lung has sidelined the actress.

We're told she has been readmitted to the hospital but will not miss any episodes. We do not know her condition.

Hargitay was sledding in the Hamptons around New Year's Eve but we're now told the cause of the lung problem is unknown.

Story developing...

Pam

spontaneous pneumothorax is more than likely the condition and the 2nd collapse is not unusual..They go in and remove what appears to be huge pockets or boil like matter and it clears the condition up..It is very common..

Pam

Canajun,Eh!

Jayne Mansfield was decapitated, or at least according to her daughter, she wasn't.

1922 days ago

There is no such thing as reality tv

To those a-holes here who have said mean remarks or don't think this is newsworthy- it is to Mariska's fans. She seems to be a level-headed celebrity and a great actress.

Some of us get tired of reading about Lindsay, Brittany ect all of the time.

BTW-The show is still on in it's same time slot-Tuesday nights at 10 pm. And it is also on again on Saturdays.

rachelle

Some of these comments are from some very sick people. You get your kicks from knocking down other people when they are sick. You must be thrilled Ted Kennedy is dying. Why don't you visit Patrick Swayze and tell him to can the crap and die already!
You could visit a Veterans hospital and laugh at the men without legs or arms. That should satisfy you. Better yet, go to a childrens hospital and find a two year old fighting cancer. You could explain how horrible it is and soon they will die and never see mommy or daddy again.
Now, doesn't that sound like a fun day???? Trouble is, you would have to get up off your ass and go out not just sit at you computer and type out vile all day!!

BabyGirl

Our prayers go out to Mariska for a speedy recovery..btw her Mom was not decapitated...according to both Mariska and one of the first (now retired) Cops on the scene it was her wig!

K

#46....yep, your right you loser. Luckily I don't have to work and can type on the computer all day long (love sitting on my ass) while my rich hubby supports me:) Ha!

Just Cruzin Thru

This "so what" person seems to have some deep seeded issues. Attacking people he/she doesn't even know. I realize we all have opinions, but to be down right nasty about it is inhumaine. To Mariska, get well soon! You are a good actress (it's a wonder you are not in therapy with the story lines on that show). Thank you also, for the wonderful charity work you do!

rachelle

#48 - Your'e the one!!! I knew I would get an answer from a fat ass!!! It must be nice not having to use your brain all day.
Does your husband see your comments? What a sweet wife he has. I feel nothing but pity for him. You must be a real bore.....but a rich bore!

K

I love messing with people. This is fun. I actually don't care what you say, nor do I care about your opinion. I am having fun with this. I'm actually a great person. My husband is right here as we own two businesses together. He does not care what I do or say. Have a great day Mitzi:) I'm done with you. On to something else now. Bye Bye psycho.

Iris Frances zaft

Wishing Mariska well. We love her on Law and Order.

bobo

do you think i care

4tunate

I wish her well. I hope that she gives her body time to heal. The job will still be there when she is well. She has conducted her life with dignity and seems to be a very caring person. Prayers are with you.

Fritsch

wow, the internet hate machine finds ways to dig its fingers into everything these days. poor girl collapsed lungs suck.

nora

She is great..and talented...and that is one of the best shows on TV...and WHO CARESSS...that show has been in the same time slot for 9 seasons...so shut up...
Good luck mariska...praying for ya

greytalli

It seems these negative people don't feel they're getting enough attention! What better way to garner some of that attention than by posting comments online that they know will upset some readers. The best way to really tell them off is to shine them on and ignore them completely. They aren't worth it and why give them the satisfaction!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments