"Idol's" Anoop Dawg Gets Bow Tied Up

1/15/2009 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The judges ripped on Anoop Desai's Bill Gates-chic ensemble last night on "American Idol" -- but dude knows how to dress up!

Anoop Desai: Click to watch
Check out a tuxedoed Anoop getting his "Sexy Love" on as the lead vocalist in his college a cappella group, UNC's Clef Hangers, back in 2007. And he wasn't only a member -- he was also the group's Prez.

ss13

I can't believe that Simon said he regretted making it a top 13. I love Anoop and I know that Simon is a jerk, but I think that was completely rude and uncalled for. I hope that he makes it through to the next round!

1960 days ago

supershopper

Wow, nothing like holding us in suspense! Anoop is definitely one of my favorites. I wish that I were young again. I'd have a crush on Anoop Dog. Agree with the others--smart, talented, sexy, cute! This young man has it all! I hope that he goes far!

1965 days ago

Dancan

First Yea, Beat that!

Dancan

Did you all see that, I was first to comment, I'm number 1!

Laura

SOME THE JUDGES CRITIZED HIS ATIRE BUT WERE VERY MUCH OKAY WITH THE HALF-NAKED GIRL IN THE BIKINI.SHE COULD NOI CARRY A TUNE BUT ON THE BASIS OF THE BIKINI SHE WAS SENT THROUGH. HOW UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

#4 Laura, I'm with you there... skanky girl in a bikini that sounded like a pushy cat goes through and they hesitate with this guy. I still say bikini skank is just there for shock value/ entertainment (and not her vocals),

I look forward to seeing what this guy will do - he has chops, he is obviously quite intelligent and I bet he has some surprises up his sleeve!

What is up with all these SPAMMERS scamming with these FAKE dating sites? Can't TMZ control this?

something smells

HE SOUNDS GREAT ON THE VIDEO. DIDN'T SEE HIM ON IDOL THOUGH

MsDoloD81

DAMN!! TMZ will look up your past in 2.5 seconds....I just saw this kid on TV not even a full 24 hrs yet and they already have info on him and others!!! BIG BROTHER is DEFINATELY WATCHING!!!

2014 days ago

If TMZ had the whole story....you would understand

WOW, his voice is HOT!!!!! I can't wait to see how he looks when the idol makeover team gets a hold of him!

sfish

hell yeah anoop!

2014 days ago

TMZ Staff Are All Deuche Bags!!!

Kumar was great on AI last night maybe the next Harold and Kumar movie can be a musical.

tina

He was one of my favorites! Stage presence? He was amazing, and I think really cute. Really good voice, and very charming.
Good to see a real person on the show, not one with stupid gimmicks. Bet this guy won't be showing is "ass" for TMZ like some of the others. Imagine, a good singer without tattoos, pink hair, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm just sayin!

Carolina Girl

I go to UNC too, and Anoop has been my favorite Clef Hanger for years! He has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. And trust me, he knows how to look hot... so just wait and see. He'll blow you away! I was so excited to see him on Idol last night, so now I HAVE to watch it this season!

amy

look up Anoop singing Ill Make Love To You...one of my FAVORITES by him yet!

Dr. Adams

Anoop can really throw-down.....He's sure to be in the top ten. I agree with most of the comments, "The judges rag on Anoop for his attire but it's entirely ok for skantly clothed "skank' in a two piece to skate by with a voice that sounds like she had just slid a frog down her gullet.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments